cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 30 Day FREE Return Policy

I am an execellent seller and agreed to your original 30 day return policy.    Buyer PAYS..

So if I get this right.. I can no longer receive TRS discounts unless I agree to offer to pay shipping to and fro for the buyer .. even buyers remorse!

IF YOU ARE GOING TO INFORCE THIS... I AM GOING TO REFUSE ALL RETURNS!   There is ABSOLUTELY  no point in offering returns of any kind if you take away my TRS!

... Any one else out there of the same opinion?

If my business drops... there are so many other sites now.. I will just move!

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

@olympic2 wrote:

I am an execellent seller and agreed to your original 30 day return policy.    Buyer PAYS..

So if I get this right.. I can no longer receive TRS discounts unless I agree to offer to pay shipping to and fro for the buyer .. even buyers remorse!

IF YOU ARE GOING TO INFORCE THIS... I AM GOING TO REFUSE ALL RETURNS!   There is ABSOLUTELY  no point in offering returns of any kind if you take away my TRS!

Here's more!!!   QUOTE FROM eBay

if a buyer uses or damages an item and returns it, you can decide to issue a partial refund 

i.e. BUYER RUINED MY STUFF... AND I SHOULD BE HAPPY  I  have the option to GIVE A PARTIAL REFUND!!!... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

Only you can decide if you can do this. TRS Plus discount is 10% off the FVF, so for every $100 you sell get $1 extra off.  How many returns do you normally get?  Will your return rate costs exceed the TRS+ discount? If so, don't do it.  You should be covering yourself for loss anyway with self insurance.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 50
latest reply

I rarely have returns but I'm not going to offer free returns just on principle.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

@olympic2 wrote:

To reiterate sweet*tea, you only have to offer free refunds to get the TRS+ badge on a LISTING.  You can still have your account keep its TRS status without doing free returns.  The TRS status for the account gets you a small discount on shipping and some warm fuzzies.

If that 1% you get for TRS+ is really important to you then yes, you have to offer free returns on the listings where you want the discount.  If it's TRS status you are worried about, you don't have to offer free returns to keep that, just meet the normal TRS benchmarks (ie, handling time, defect %, etc).

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 5 of 50
latest reply

I find that to be INCORRECT!!!  It is stated by eBay:      30-day free returns is a retail returns standard and a buyer expectation. Starting June 1, 2018, Top Rated Sellers will be required to offer 30-day free returns to be eligible to receive Top Rated Plus benefits!

Furthermore Discount is 10%... not 1%

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

I hope all sellers will opt for the same until they either offer to pay the shipping themselves or charnge the policy... THIS BECOMES EFFECTIVE JUNE 1. 2018

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

@olympic2 wrote:

I find that to be INCORRECT!!!  It is stated by eBay:      30-day free returns is a retail returns standard and a buyer expectation. Starting June 1, 2018, Top Rated Sellers will be required to offer 30-day free returns to be eligible to receive Top Rated Plus benefits!

Furthermore Discount is 10%... not 1%

It says exactly what others are saying.  The free returns is only required to have your listings qualify for TRSplus.  So if you are currently TRS, you will need to agree to offer free returns to get the TRSplus discount.   It does not negate being a TRS if you don't.

If your fvfs are at 10%, then the math works out to only 1% of those fees. Ten percent of ten percent is one percent.

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

I find this to be INCORRECT!  FVF are 10%  so for every $100 in fees you receive $10 in discount... check your statements!

ONE RETURN REFUND would make it a NO GAIN... NO REASON to continue to offer returns!

Message 9 of 50
latest reply

@olympic2 wrote:

I find this to be INCORRECT!  FVF are 10%  so for every $100 in fees you receive $10 in discount... check your statements!

ONE RETURN REFUND would make it a NO GAIN... NO REASON to continue to offer returns!

Sorry, but you are dead wrong.

It's 10% of the FVF, not 10% of the transaction. 10% of the 10% FVF = 1% total.... it's not hard to understand.

Also again you are misunderstanding and confusing TRS seller status with TRS+ listings...

Message 10 of 50
latest reply

@olympic2 wrote:

I misspoke.  I meant to say it is 1% off the sale price if your fvfs are 10%.  So the math works out to only 1% off since 10% of 10% is 1%.

It just shows how little the discount really is.

Message 11 of 50
latest reply

@olympic2 wrote:

No your FVF on a $100 sale is $10. You then receive a 10% discount off of that $10 FVF.

$10.00 - 10% ($1.00) = $9.00 FVF after TRS+ discount is applied

Message 12 of 50
latest reply

Yes, so unless you're a High ASP or high volume seller - it's worthless.

At least not enough to justify giving Free Returns and GD.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 13 of 50
latest reply

Apparently it is hard for you to understand my message.

NO WHERE did I say  10% of the transaction.. you said that! 

I stated: "I find this to be INCORRECT!  FVF are 10%  so for every $100 in fees you receive $10 in discount

NEITHER did I comment about TRS SELLER Status... only the TRS discount!

I don't think I made any comments about TRS+ issues, but if there is some error here.. please enlighted me

Message 14 of 50
latest reply

@olympic2 wrote:

... Any one else out there of the same opinion?

If my business drops... there are so many other sites now.. I will just move!

Do be aware that there are a few categories that are excluded from having to offer 30 Day Free Returns and still maintain TRS + PLUS status for listings in those categories.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/simplified-returns.html

Exceptions

30-day free returns is required for most categories, but there are exceptions in select categories.

You will be required to offer 30-day returns (Buyer Pays Return Shipping) in the following categories to be eligible to receive Top Rated Plus benefits:

• Parts & Accessories
  • Musical Instruments & Gear
  • Listings with Freight Shipping Specified
  • Media

I have a sneaking suspicion that many sellers; at least in the beginning, will be adding a freight shipping service as one of their shipping methods to all of their listings, as a possible work around. 

I am curious to see if this might work.

Message 15 of 50
latest reply