cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I edit or make new selling templates?

It suddenly started happening near the beginning of November, but I can't edit or make new templates. I will try to save an update or make a new one and it just says 'saving template' with the spinning circle for 20+ min. Then I need to close out because when I used to work on selling templates, it would need only 10 seconds to save one.

I reported the issue over the phone yesterday, it still isn't working. I asked a few friends/my boss if they could make/edit templates, no go on their end either (3 other accounts). 

Help?

I can't list until I can update my templates considering the item specific apocalypse added so much time to my process otherwise. (With templates I can pre-fill most of them... and try to get back to listing at my previous speed.) 

Message 1 of 108
latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

Re: Why can't I edit or make new selling templates?

I talked with Ebay earlier and got them to open a case about this. 

They said to get more people to contact them about this issue.  You can message them on their Ebay facebook page.  Make sure to include your name, Ebay email address and the zip code associated with your account..

Message 46 of 108
latest reply

Yes, same here, it's happening again, in Feb 2022.

Message 47 of 108
latest reply

I have the same problem, can't list anything

Message 48 of 108
latest reply

I talked with Ebay a few days ago and got them to open a case about this. 

They said to get more people to contact them about this issue.  You can message them on their Ebay facebook page.  Make sure to include your name, Ebay email address and the zip code associated with your account..

Message 49 of 108
latest reply

still not working for me, totally worthless!

Message 50 of 108
latest reply

I talked with Ebay a few days ago and got them to open a case about this. 

Message 51 of 108
latest reply

Called eBay about this issue on Friday February 4th. Rep said "no site-wide" issues reported. Continued thru the weekend. Monday morning, still an issue. Called again Tuesday the 8th to get a ticket created. The rep informed me that it could take 3-4 or as many as 90 DAYS! If I can't list, I can't make money, and neither can eBay! This was my first issue, having taken a break after the new year thru January. They don't appear to be too worked up about this issue but the ramifications are enormous. Packing supplies, postal costs, tax revenue and the ability to make money to distribute back thru our local economy. This issue needs a higher priority assigned to it, yesterday.  BL @ SR 

Message 52 of 108
latest reply

that is baloney when they told you no site wide issue.   A lot of people have reported this and they are all told that...  Geez Louise!

I reported it on Feb 3rd  and was told there was no similar reports and that it was probably an issue on my end.   I saw in this community that a lot of people were having this issue so I responded and told them that and then they said they will open a case.   then I saw that someone on here said they had them open a case on February 2nd...  

Message 53 of 108
latest reply

The templates are working with the new lister..  What I have been doing is using the new lister to update the templates and then switching back to the old lister...  You can get to the new lister when you are on the "create a listing" page in the top right hand corner...

I don't use the new lister because I hate it!

Message 54 of 108
latest reply

where is this new lister you speak of? I'm having the same issues of not being able to save a template.  I don't see it on the top right corner only "send us you feedback"Screenshot 2022-02-09 115243.png

Message 55 of 108
latest reply

you need to click on "start listing" and when you get to the next page it will be the top right hand corner..

Message 56 of 108
latest reply

So i just contacted Ebay again to get an update.. this was part of their response..

"We are aware there is an issue with the drafts/templates but it also not effecting all accounts. I see the last agent you spoke to has already notified the proper teams your account was affected but as of, yet we have not been provided a resolve date."

Message 57 of 108
latest reply

Because Ebay wants you to create the template out of the traditional listing utility and do it through seller hub only. It will sit there and spin.

Message 58 of 108
latest reply

@bigsurfenterprises2007 @oddgrim @yamoon @xyargscurrencyandcoinsx @sound_recordings and @sportscardfactory I see there is an open ticket for this like @super_sunny_sales noted. I've added you all to the ticket and if the tech team comes back needing any additional information, I'll be in touch here. Thanks for the reports!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 59 of 108
latest reply

Mine doesn't work either and hasn't for a while.  I don't know I am going to list anything until this is fixed.

Message 60 of 108
latest reply