cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I edit or make new selling templates?

It suddenly started happening near the beginning of November, but I can't edit or make new templates. I will try to save an update or make a new one and it just says 'saving template' with the spinning circle for 20+ min. Then I need to close out because when I used to work on selling templates, it would need only 10 seconds to save one.

I reported the issue over the phone yesterday, it still isn't working. I asked a few friends/my boss if they could make/edit templates, no go on their end either (3 other accounts). 

Help?

I can't list until I can update my templates considering the item specific apocalypse added so much time to my process otherwise. (With templates I can pre-fill most of them... and try to get back to listing at my previous speed.) 

Message 1 of 109
latest reply
108 REPLIES 108

Re: Why can't I edit or make new selling templates?

I don't see an option for new listing scheme so I must already be in it as well - but im still having those problems. 

Message 31 of 109
latest reply

I have great success messaging them on their Facebook page..

Message 32 of 109
latest reply

This is what the old page looks like...  You have t actually click on one of your templates on the create listing page...

lister.jpg

Message 33 of 109
latest reply

The new Lister page looks like this...

lister2.jpg

Message 34 of 109
latest reply

The new lister looks like this...  I don't have any issues revising templates when using the new lister.  I just not crazy about it.  I prefer the classic one...

lister2.jpg

Message 35 of 109
latest reply

Has any one reported this issue to EcommerceBytes Letters To The editor?

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl

This issue needs some publicity to get ebay's attention.

Message 36 of 109
latest reply

I have resolved the issue by changing to a new category and filling in all required fields such as "Type".

Message 37 of 109
latest reply

The issue is now SEEMINGLY resolved this morning in general- even just by adding a test 't' to the title (and updating the category since mine were that outdated...) 

I'm going to try and quickly update everything I need to get listing again.

Message 38 of 109
latest reply

After some intense mucking around I was able to find the way to get to the new lister.

I only have one thing to say about new lister ...

IT IS A HOT MESS! If I have to use that every time I list an item then I give up. Dear old Turbo Lister I really miss you.

Message 39 of 109
latest reply

I've called eBay 3 times over 2 weeks. They don't seem competent enough to fix this problem. I currently can't use eBay to sell and will have to sell elsewhere. I sell women's clothing so I have other options. Hard to believe an online company can't fix this important feature on their website. Sad fail.

Message 40 of 109
latest reply

How did you get to the new lister - I can't find it anywhere.

Thank you!

Message 41 of 109
latest reply

No it's not. At least not on Ebay Canada site. ...Every once in awhile you may get lucky and save one but it's like trying to book a British Columbia provincial park campsite. Try a 1000 times and get thru once if lucky. 

Message 42 of 109
latest reply

@maxxmags wrote:

How did you get to the new lister - I can't find it anywhere.

Thank you!

After trying several times I finally tried this and was successful:

Click the Sell at the top right of home page. That took me to my Seller Hub. Then I went to the Listing tab and chose Create Listing from the dropdown list. That brought up a page where you could either use tell us what you're selling OR choose a Listing Template. I chose one of my templates and hit the Start Listing button. That took me to a page create your listing and then over on the upper right you could choose to try the new listing tool.  Click on that and be prepared for a hot mess. 

I do not like the new lister. It was so bad that it would almost encourage me to sign up for a third party listing service just to avoid it.

Message 43 of 109
latest reply

that is what I did.  I signed up for a third party lister.  I was never crazy about the classic lister anyways.. 

I do like some aspects of the new lister but I think it is a lot more clunky then the old one..  I liked the flow of the old one but now things are all over the place on the new one..

Message 44 of 109
latest reply

Here it is February and now I am having the same problem. I can't save a template no matter if it is a newly created one or an edit of an existing one. I had the same problem last year and it suddenly resolved itself. Now it is happening again. Please help. This is getting very old. For such a large cap company, they sure have a hard time ever fixing bugs.

Message 45 of 109
latest reply