cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I edit or make new selling templates?

It suddenly started happening near the beginning of November, but I can't edit or make new templates. I will try to save an update or make a new one and it just says 'saving template' with the spinning circle for 20+ min. Then I need to close out because when I used to work on selling templates, it would need only 10 seconds to save one.

I reported the issue over the phone yesterday, it still isn't working. I asked a few friends/my boss if they could make/edit templates, no go on their end either (3 other accounts). 

Help?

I can't list until I can update my templates considering the item specific apocalypse added so much time to my process otherwise. (With templates I can pre-fill most of them... and try to get back to listing at my previous speed.) 

Message 1 of 109
latest reply
108 REPLIES 108

The templates are working with the new lister..  What I have been doing is using the new lister to update the templates and then switching back to the old lister...  You can get to the new lister when you are on the "create a listing" page in the top right hand corner...

Message 61 of 109
latest reply

I am having the same issue and it's so frustrating. Selling sports cards, you really need a bunch of different templates. I have 10,000 listings I want to create but it takes me 5 minutes per. I do not have the time for that. Maybe eBay will fix this one day. 4 month old issue. 

Message 62 of 109
latest reply

15 days into this issue and still not a single response from eBay. This is definitely frustrating. 

Message 63 of 109
latest reply

they are working on it but they have to fix each account individually.  Also you have to send them a report that your templates are not working.  

Message 64 of 109
latest reply

The templates on working with the new lister.   I don't like the new lister so what I have been doing is switching  to the new lister, editing my template and then switching back to the old lister..

Message 65 of 109
latest reply

Nothing is working! Listing templates are NOT working, but the wheel just spins constantly..with no end in sight. Talking to the agents in the Philippines are no help..I reported this problem everyday last week..then on Saturday reported it again with the agent saying that the other agents never wrote done or reported the issues to tech! I believe eBay has no idea about what's going on here! Good Luck to us!!

Message 66 of 109
latest reply

Yep. Still not working. They're clueless.

Message 67 of 109
latest reply

maybe if we all come in here once each day and make a post of it not working someone will finally notice that maybe cares to solve an issue.  As of Tuesday night Feb. 15 2022, still not working 🤔

...on another note, curious if other platforms have such crap response to technical issues that it's customers bring to a priority notice?

Message 68 of 109
latest reply

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?  I have been having the same problem for months

Message 69 of 109
latest reply

have you reported your issue to Ebay?  ,

They said they have to fix this issue account by account so it might take awhile to fix it..

Message 70 of 109
latest reply

I was still paying plenty of seller fees, so where is the fix to the website 

Message 71 of 109
latest reply

I have the solution to how to save a listing as a template. But I have no idea how to post so that others can see it. Would you happen to know?

At any rate, here is how: At the top of your listing are three links:

Clicking on "Sell a similar item" creates a new copy of your listing to save as a template. Then click "Save as Draft" at the bottom.

There must be hundreds of posts from people asking about this. Do I get a cigar and a spring bouquet?

Happy selling,

Anne

Message 72 of 109
latest reply

I've added all the people that posted since my last post (post 59) to the open ticket if you contacted us from an account that sells. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 73 of 109
latest reply

I am having an issue when I try to add pics to a new listing.  The wheels just spins.  I can sometimes get one picture to upload if I keep closing the listing and retrying.  Very frustrating and it make a slow process much more painful

Message 74 of 109
latest reply

Please add me to the list of not being able to save any item as a template.  Been trying for the last few days and just get the spinning wheel of death.  For each time we try, we should get a discount on FEES we pay everyday we sell!

Message 75 of 109
latest reply