cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I edit or make new selling templates?

It suddenly started happening near the beginning of November, but I can't edit or make new templates. I will try to save an update or make a new one and it just says 'saving template' with the spinning circle for 20+ min. Then I need to close out because when I used to work on selling templates, it would need only 10 seconds to save one.

I reported the issue over the phone yesterday, it still isn't working. I asked a few friends/my boss if they could make/edit templates, no go on their end either (3 other accounts). 

Help?

I can't list until I can update my templates considering the item specific apocalypse added so much time to my process otherwise. (With templates I can pre-fill most of them... and try to get back to listing at my previous speed.) 

Message 1 of 108
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why can't I edit or make new selling templates?

The issue is now SEEMINGLY resolved this morning in general- even just by adding a test 't' to the title (and updating the category since mine were that outdated...) 

I'm going to try and quickly update everything I need to get listing again.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 38 of 108
latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

I've been experiencing the exact same behavior tonight.  Frustrating.

Message 2 of 108
latest reply

I use my templates for new listings daily by just changing pictures. It looks like the problem will not be fixed. I have been going to create listing it gives the option to list with template. I just make my changes and list it . This works just as well for me.

Message 3 of 108
latest reply

That's not acceptable for what I need templates to do. I list a variety of items and things like having the jewelry categories pre-filled with most of the nonsense information is critical. Accepting 'non-fixing' for a multi billion dollar website isn't a solution. 

Message 4 of 108
latest reply

Cannot list, edit or schedule listings today and I have a ton of stuff to do----this is from using a PC.  Bulk listings will work (if you can somehow have items already scheduled).  5th time this is happening (this time today and yesterday)----happened last week on Thursday, happened every 3rd day before that.  Ebay, please officially address this issue and fix it so that it doesn't happen any more.  I don't want to see a "We've Looked Everywhere" error screen when placing an item for sale.

Message 5 of 108
latest reply

I have been having the same issue with the templates. I have tried on both Firefox and Chrome browsers. Same issue on both.  My workaround was to relist an old listing and make changes but that is a big pain when the new item I am trying to sell is a unique item and everything needs to be changed.

EBAY Please fix!

Message 6 of 108
latest reply

same thing here

Message 7 of 108
latest reply

Just thought I would add my 'same here'.  I don't know who needs to find this thread from Ebay but with all the changes needed to be made and old templates no longer usable, it would be nice to be able to change our current templates so they function.  I sell a variety of items too and different templates help.

Message 8 of 108
latest reply

Same issue here.  I connected to ebay support and they told me to clear my cookies. Which I did in both chrome and firefox and the template feature still doesn't work.  Lousy service from ebay.   

Message 9 of 108
latest reply

Same issue, where is the help? I have tried every browser, same problem.  Last I checked, I was still paying plenty of seller fees, so where is the fix to the website making huge profits from its sellers?????

Message 10 of 108
latest reply

Just got through to support - this is a "known issue" and they are working on it.  Seems like this is an ongoing issue with ebay.  Yuck. 

Message 11 of 108
latest reply

Been experiencing this for over a week now..

Message 12 of 108
latest reply

Yep, same issue here. Spinning circle when trying to add a new template or edit an existing one. Very frustrating.

Message 13 of 108
latest reply

I contacted eBay for business on Facebook and they told me they're looking at a solution within the next 3 weeks. 3 WEEKS! That is simply ridiculous and they need to at least announce they're having an issue so people are aware it isn't a cookies problem!

Message 14 of 108
latest reply

Having the exact same problem on all my computers. I have not been able save since early 11/2/21

Message 15 of 108
latest reply