cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every time I try to make a return the last area asks for picture or will not continue. Angry!

I do not have the capability to add a picture so how do I make a return?  Very frustrating!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Every time I try to make a return the last area asks for picture or will not continue. Angry!

@sulen-85 wrote:

I do not have the capability to add a picture so how do I make a return?  Very frustrating! 

Simply right-click or long-press to save a picture @sulen-85 from the listing, and add that to your return. eBay says it must pertain to the listing, and it does.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: Every time I try to make a return the last area asks for picture or will not continue. Angry!

eBay isn't really strict on how the item is shown in the photo, but sometimes if you do need to show certain damage you may need accurate photos. I would suggest getting a cheap phone with photo and data capabilities if you can.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@sulen-85 

I'm with @an-36344. I recommend the 'Hover over/Right click/Save' method (from the listing's photos), then upload.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Find a neighbor or relative that can help you taking the photo and sending it to Ebay.  You can also go to your local library and they can help you. Can you take a photo of the item with  your cell phone or tablet?  The library can help you send the photo. Is the item small enough to take to the library assuming that you do not have a camera or cell phone.  A librarian can take the photo using one of their tablets and help you send it to ebay.  Goodluck.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Curious; what reason are you using for the 'return'??

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I am glad ebay added this feature to returns. Too many buyers claim INAD when it is a remorse return and now that ebay added this feature, they have to prove why it is INAD. Not that hard to add pictures. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

To advise adding pic from listing is aiding and abetting, exploitative and negates the functionality the feature is meant for. Oughta be ashamed. If the item is damaged/not as described, prove it!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@glyph01 wrote:

To advise adding pic from listing is aiding and abetting, exploitative and negates the functionality the feature is meant for. Oughta be ashamed. If the item is damaged/not as described, prove it!

I understand your point ... but

• Not everyone ones a cellphone.
  • Not every defect can be shown in a photograph.   [Some are auditory, etc.]

It seems like there needs to be some alternative for return requests that fall under one of the above circumstances ... or eBay needs to revise their MBG to state that returns require a photograph.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@sulen-85 wrote:

How are you on ebay then?

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I dont own a cell phone. I agree it's good to use the function to indicate the problem

I used my free 'paint' program to create this stick-figure drawing that could be uploaded in a return.

Of course, not everyone will find this feasible but it is another consideration.

petstairs.jpg

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@chris13 wrote:

Of course, not everyone will find this feasible but it is another consideration.

Inventive work around but that's still a picture. Everyone accessing ebay has the ability to upload a picture...even if you are using some janky old WebTV interface.

Uploading a picture is a bare minimum computer usage skill from 20-30 years ago.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I totally understand but gosh, make an effort. Ring up a neighbor, friend, or relative for a phone to get a snapshot. I’ll buy that. Or is that too much to ask? 😂 😁

Message 13 of 13
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: