cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, November 18 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

I have a quick question which I should be able to find an answer for myself, but since the help pages were revised, I can't find anything now.

So, if I cancel a sold transaction using out of stock, do I receive a credit of the final value fees?

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 2 of 57
latest reply

Any updates on the various problems plaguing the Community for most of 2020?

I notice the log in issue disappeared but came back.  Not as bad as it was, but back nonetheless.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 57
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I have a quick question which I should be able to find an answer for myself, but since the help pages were revised, I can't find anything now.

So, if I cancel a sold transaction using out of stock, do I receive a credit of the final value fees?

@fern*wood yes, cancelling a transaction using the out of stock reason will result in a Final Value Fee credit 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 4 of 57
latest reply

Along with the HTML error snafu and the on-going post-flooding issue.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 5 of 57
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

Oh I didn't mean that to sound like it is the only problem.  There are many and the one you state here is a big one too.  Still can't copy text in from an Ebay policy if you include titles.  I find that if I don't include the titles when copying them, most times they will post.

Some of us like emails when a thread we are following has a new post, that hasn't been around for most of this year.  The Community bell is really never completely accurate.  And there are other issues too I'm sure.

Message 6 of 57
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I notice the log in issue disappeared but came back.  Not as bad as it was, but back nonetheless.

Hi @mam98031 - the login issue fix has been rolled out to all community instances, and should no longer be a problem. 

If you are seeing this again will you please tag us to some examples because the root cause was corrected? 

When it comes to the other issues that have been persistent throughout this year, I don't have any updates. We are working on getting a list of issues and their current status (currently being worked on by sheila@ebay ). Keep an eye out for that on the Community Platform Feedback board. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 57
latest reply

We are working on getting a list of issues and their current status (currently being worked on by sheila@ebay )

terrific!!!!!!  I presume that's only for community issues........  Any hope that anyone is going to compile a list of problems in the rest of ebay?

-----

Message 8 of 57
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

Hey @pburn  - Khoros has asked us for recent examples of the HTML error, which results in the post flooding issue.  The next time you run into this HTML error message, click the three dots next to the quotation marks and select HTML. Copy and paste this into a word doc or notepad and then tag us in a thread and we'll reach out so we can get the file from you to report it. I appreciate it!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 9 of 57
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Hi @mam98031 - the login issue fix has been rolled out to all community instances, and should no longer be a problem. 

If you are seeing this again will you please tag us to some examples because the root cause was corrected? 

When it comes to the other issues that have been persistent throughout this year, I don't have any updates. We are working on getting a list of issues and their current status (currently being worked on by sheila@ebay ). Keep an eye out for that on the Community Platform Feedback board. Thanks!

Is that really recent?  As I had to log in this morning.  Just once or twice but it still happened this morning for me.

I am fully confident that someone is working on it and I know I ask for updates all the time.  But when it has been close to 7 months with some of these issues, it leaves a non technical person such as myself going WHY?  That is a huge amount of time to track down and fix something.  Are there enough actual programmers working on this?  Or is it a skeleton crew?

And what about the titles on each posting.  Rebecca had them removed, then shortly thereafter said she reversed that decision as it wasn't well received by the community.  That too was months ago yet the titles aren't back.

It is just hard for those of us that are active on the communities as so much time is wasted with these errors constantly plaguing us.  Not to mention those that are seeking advice and then the bell doesn't update with a new posting on some threads.  We just have to stumble across them.  

I never depended on the Bell before the issue happened that the emails would no longer send.  From the 1st day I started using it several months ago it has never or very rarely been completely accurate.

-----

Message 10 of 57
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Given the extremely poor performance we have seen here from Khoros, coupled with some pretty troubling news stories about alleged tax evasion and investment fraud from parent company Vista Equity Partners & CEO Robert Smith, maybe it's time for Jamie Iannone & eBay to consider looking for a more capable and ethical community partner?

Message 11 of 57
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

We are working on getting a list of issues and their current status (currently being worked on by sheila@ebay )

terrific!!!!!!  I presume that's only for community issues........  Any hope that anyone is going to do compile a list of problems in the rest of ebay?

Hi @dhbookds - you're correct that it's only for Community-related issues. There's no plan to do the same thing for eBay-related issues currently. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 57
latest reply

No update on the Terapeak "free shipping" issue? I'm still seeing "free shipping" in the active tab for listings that don't have free shipping.

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 13 of 57
latest reply

I was sorry to see Marnie is moving on. Will we still have an every other Monday update from someone else?

Message 14 of 57
latest reply

Credit where credit is do: I'd like to thank the ebay Partner Network team for the new short form link, and the QR Code link. Now....when can we expect to see QR codes available for our packing slips?

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 15 of 57
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: