cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, November 18 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

I started a thread on the Community Feedback discussion board, because in many threads, the pictures are not being displayed correctly in the posts.

It doesn't seem to have received any replies from eBay employees (although there are several from other responders agreeing that this is an issue). Would you please address this issue, and hopefully let us know that this is going to be fixed so that pictures will be posted correclty.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Platform-Feedback/Pictures-don-t-display-in-the-posts/m-p/31...

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 46 of 57
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@greg213213 wrote:

Why is the estimated delivery date showing to a buyer to be one day after sellers last date to ship? I have enclosed a screen shot of what is happening. This is really false information being given to a buyer and could hurt a seller.

Screenshot_2020-11-17 Sales record – eBay Seller Hub.png

@greg213213 In the examples I've viewed in the past the actual EDD given the buyer was farther out then what appears on the page you've shared in the screenshot. I'm happy to review a current example if you'll tag me in another thread.

I also need to note that the EDD is based on the sellers historic shipping data, so if you typically ship items quicker then the handling time you've stated then we'll take that quicker shipping time into account when calculating the EDD. It's possible this is the case in the example you've shared.

brian@ebay    I have shared information about these unrealistic estimates for almost a year and you have never said to me that the information that the buyer sees is different than what is given the seller (that I view)   This seems to be as alarming to me as the fact that the estimates are inaccurate.  So not only do we see quick delivery estimates, we also don't know what the buyer sees.  Interesting.

This is simple data, isn't it? Why wouldn't it match up and why would we not be told this months ago?

Should we tag you with every purchase to find out the real estimates?

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here

Message 47 of 57
latest reply

Off topics, I know..........but could we get an ok to have a holiday thread of somesort that won't be moved elsewhere?

Message 48 of 57
latest reply

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

The chat is now closed. We'll continue to go through the chat to make sure all questions receive a response. Thank you for chatting with us today!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 49 of 57
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

I am having a problem with an item I purchased.

I purchased the item on Wed Nov 4

The estimated ship time says two different things.  When I purchased the item there was no indication of extended handling time, and the seller says they shipped right away although they gave a fake tracking number (goes nowhere and does not track)

On the order detail page it gives an estimate of November 10 and on my purchased items page in seller hub, it gives November 17-18,

Both are worthless.  When I asked the seller for a correct tracking number, he gave me another suspect number that showed delivery to a city about 30 miles from me and a ship date 5 days before I even purchased the item.

Why would I get two different estimates?  And what are buyers seeing when we ship items.  Is this normal to have two estimates (and why my ship by estimates only give 1 day to arrive?

order1.pngorder2.png

Hmm that does seem odd @golfingaddict. Buyers should get the same EDD in those different pages. I can get this reported. These screenshots are helpful, I'll just need an item number (which I'll email you for). And if you have any other examples then I can add those to my report. I appreciate you're help with his 🙂

Brian,
Community Team
Message 50 of 57
latest reply

@pburn Oh thank you! That would be very helpful! Just make sure they're providing the information mentioned above for the HTML as that's what we're really going to need to investigate further and is specifically what Khoros is asking for when we request updates on this issue.  Just make sure we're tagged!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 51 of 57
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Off topics, I know..........but could we get an ok to have a holiday thread of somesort that won't be moved elsewhere?

@dhbookds sounds interesting! I'll send you an email to get more of ideas on this, then I'll run it by sheila@ebay 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 52 of 57
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

I started a thread on the Community Feedback discussion board, because in many threads, the pictures are not being displayed correctly in the posts.

It doesn't seem to have received any replies from eBay employees (although there are several from other responders agreeing that this is an issue). Would you please address this issue, and hopefully let us know that this is going to be fixed so that pictures will be posted correclty.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Community-Platform-Feedback/Pictures-don-t-display-in-the-posts/m-p/31...

Hi @lacemaker3  I've got your thread and I'll take a look to see what we can do.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 53 of 57
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

brian@ebay wrote:

@greg213213 wrote:

Why is the estimated delivery date showing to a buyer to be one day after sellers last date to ship? I have enclosed a screen shot of what is happening. This is really false information being given to a buyer and could hurt a seller.

Screenshot_2020-11-17 Sales record – eBay Seller Hub.png

@greg213213 In the examples I've viewed in the past the actual EDD given the buyer was farther out then what appears on the page you've shared in the screenshot. I'm happy to review a current example if you'll tag me in another thread.

I also need to note that the EDD is based on the sellers historic shipping data, so if you typically ship items quicker then the handling time you've stated then we'll take that quicker shipping time into account when calculating the EDD. It's possible this is the case in the example you've shared.

brian@ebay    I have shared information about these unrealistic estimates for almost a year and you have never said to me that the information that the buyer sees is different than what is given the seller (that I view)   This seems to be as alarming to me as the fact that the estimates are inaccurate.  So not only do we see quick delivery estimates, we also don't know what the buyer sees.  Interesting.

This is simple data, isn't it? Why wouldn't it match up and why would we not be told this months ago?

Should we tag you with every purchase to find out the real estimates?

@golfingaddict in that case I may be mixing this up with another shipping issue I recently saw. The examples here do look like the EDD calculation we provide based on historical data and that's likely what's going on. Apologies for the confusion I caused.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 54 of 57
latest reply

@wesellrimage wrote:

Hello,  Can I get an update on Multi Location Inventory Feature?

I found this link on your webpage but nobody at support knows anything about the program.  I need this feature.

John Norman

Max Optical LLC.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/estimated-delivery-dates.html#better-buying-experience

wesellrimage_0-1605736296769.png

Hi @wesellrimage - this is a new API that's being trialed and rolled out slowly. The best course of action for you is to make sure you've expressed interest in the feature and the team involved will contact you when your account is able to be added. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 55 of 57
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

I find it quite ridiculous that eBay feels it is ok to hit me with some shipping fees from months back with no accountability and no way for me to confirm what happened.  Like usual eBay's CS is too worthless to even give me an answer.  You pretend to care about your users, but it is f all when it comes to problems eBay creates.  I shouldn't get notified about something like this months after it happens.  The email came in November 13.

gwzcomps_0-1605735479091.png

Hi - @gwzcomps - We try to avoid situations like this one as much as we can. I agree that it's much more frustrating when you may have trouble getting the specific details for the labels due to age. Your invoice should have the item numbers and charges, but if you have any further questions I would recommend contacting customer service as they can go over this in more detail.

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 56 of 57
latest reply

Hi @dhbookds I just started posting the list issues I've compiled from the Community for Community platform issues here.

Every week I'll post an update on these issues and we'll keep an eye out for new Community issues.

Additionally, the Community team (Brian, Brittanie and Tyler) do extensive reporting every week where they pass on eBay issues to the the eBay teams.

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 57 of 57
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: