cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, March 24 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Edit: Please read the FAQ about the new "All Selling" page here.

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 158
latest reply
157 REPLIES 157

Re: Community Chat, March 24 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Please bring back the classic seller view, it was much easier to use than the seller hub. 

_____

Edit: Reply to this post can be read here.

Message 2 of 158
latest reply

Please bring back CLASSIC VIEW Selling Page!

-----

A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 3 of 158
latest reply

Tyler, do you know what Classic View is? That's not a snarky question, I just want to establish a baseline of understanding.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 4 of 158
latest reply

The new sellers page/summary is horrible.  Is Ebay planning to fix this or give us an option to return to the former format that shows listed, sold, etc.?  

Message 5 of 158
latest reply

Hi everyone, I hope you all are well. Just stopped by to say hi. 

-----

A reply to your comment can be found here

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 6 of 158
latest reply

Why is the disconnect between what sellers want and what eBay provides growing at an alarming rate?

When I want to get a quick snapshot of soon-to-close auctions or an overview of revenue trends, I use the My eBay All selling page. It is nearly perfect for the task except that it loads slowly because of information tacked onto the end that I never look at.

The Seller Hub on the other hand is nearly useless. It is easier to find most static information in SixBIt. Dynamic data is almost impossible to view, requiring many mouse clicks. Worst of all is the default view of active listings shows only 5 with a maximum setting of 25. I normally run between 30 and 40 auctions in a batch ending one minute apart.

Is there anyone at eBay who understands seller needs, especially medium and larger sellers?

_____

Message 7 of 158
latest reply

Are you going to send some clear communication to all sellers to let them know about changes to the Guaranteed Delivery program? I am referring to effectively ending the program by retiring the "Handling Time Option." It might be a good idea to inform CS and clean up all the confusing help pages on GD that still show old information about qualifying by handling times. Basically no one knows what's going on and they are wasting lots of time trying to figure out why none of their listings show up in 4-day delivery searches.

I tried to opt-in and it said I would be put on some sort of wait list. How will that work?

______

Message 8 of 158
latest reply

Please bring back the old Classic view Seller page. It had everything as a seller I could review, with active sales, sold sales, drafts, watch list , saved sellers, Items sold over last 60 days,  $sold, Number if items listed, and more. Seller hub is fine, but now I have to go to summary, active selling , seller hub. At least give us the option to use the old system. How can that be a problem to Ebay? Thanks

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 9 of 158
latest reply

Can anyone describe a way to print the new eBay Standard Envelope labels directly onto a #6 3/4 sized envelope? The labels are not currently being generated in the proper orientation to print directly to an envelope and require rotating and resizing in order to make them functional. It was a huge roll-out for eBay but the labels take too long to manipulate to make them worth using. 

_____

Message 10 of 158
latest reply

Is eBay having an issue with Chrome?  Impossible to revise listings, etc.  Each entry triggers a "page unresponsive" message giving you the option to wait, and wait and wait!  Unacceptable.  It has been like that for about 3 days! 

_____

Message 11 of 158
latest reply

Need classic view back. It was simple and easy to use. I have numerpus family and friends that sell on ebay and we all agree do not like the new versions at all.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 12 of 158
latest reply

The new seller  page is a mess. Instead of seeing everything on one  page selling, active, scheduled, not sold etc, you now have to go to individual pages to see them, and if you want to see all of what on there its yet another step.  More steps for simple functions is never  an improvement.  Also, the box on the left hand side that tells you  what has sold, what will sell ,what's paid and what's pending is now gone totally. Who thought this up? It looks like it was designed by people who don't even use Ebay. Bring back the option for Classic View, you don't have to axe the new one if someone likes it (I'll bet few do), but at least give the sellers  (which is what makes Ebay viable) an option here. None of the new page is cohesive, it gives less information and requires more steps.  Seriously, didn't anyone look at this before sending it out and think "this doesn't  look helpful"?

_____

Message 13 of 158
latest reply

BRING BACK CLASSIC VIEW SELLING PAGE!

_____

Message 14 of 158
latest reply

I find it interesting how eBay is willing to aggressively persecute sellers, but turn a blind eye to problem buyers.

I don't get why we are allowed to block people if they are going to be allowed to direct message and harass sellers.  Why does eBay selectively enforce policies as the see fit?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 15 of 158
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: