cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay International Shipping issue - the Netherlands

I have a potential customer inquiring about shipping an item to the Netherlands.  The customer says that I ship to the US only.  I checked my shipping preferences and I am enrolled in International Shipping.  I decided to opt out of EIS and a day later, opted back in.  I messaged the customer and he says it still says that I ship to the US only.  

I searched for the item anonymously using a different  browser and in the shipping details, it says shipping to the US. All other locations are excluded.  Any idea why this is happening?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: eBay International Shipping issue - the Netherlands

It takes 24-48 hours to switch from one to the other. It doesn't happen immediately changing EIS.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I'm in Canada and I can see 87 listings for you that ship to Canada.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

EIS doesn't work on many items. You'll neve get ebay to give you a satisfactory explanation. Copy an item number for a few of your listings. Then go to ebay canada or uk or other sites. Search your item number. If it comes up, then go to your store on that international site. Compare the number of active listings you have there vs. what you have domestically. For us it's like 30% fewer. Again, ebay does not care and will not fix this. You can either opt out of EIS and make all your listings shippable through your own international, which is very easy, or stay in EIS and when someone contacts you like this, opt that listing out and add your own shipping, then notify the buyer. You lose sales either way. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Items in EIS are "various" due to 3 reasons

1.) they pay for all returns out of THEIR pocket so they are 'pickey' in what they show

2.) Dimensions/weight restrictions

3.) Various 'category' restrictions (used auto parts for example)...

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

@rpohalek 

Of your current 88 listings....

74 of them are available for shipping to the Netherlands or Germany

81 of them are available for shipping to Canada or Australia

If you post the item number of one that your buyer says is not available we might be able to discern the reason.

It can be the item itself, the Category it was listed in, the weight or dimensions etc.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

FYI, I ended the listing and created a new one from scratch and have the same issue.  Here is the item number: 305288010688

Thanks,

Rick

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Also, one other thing I forgot to mention, I revised the listing and excluded all countries except for the Netherlands.  I haven't heard back from the buyer yet to see if this worked.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@rpohalek wrote:

FYI, I ended the listing and created a new one from scratch and have the same issue.  Here is the item number: 305288010688

Thanks,

Rick

I looked at the listing. While you are not blocking the Netherlands you did not provide a shipping rate to the Netherlands.

The result is that your buyer can see your listing BUT they cannot purchase it because no shipping amount is included.

slippinjimmy_0-1701117268900.png

Translation of text in red:

The seller has not specified a shipping method for the Netherlands. Contact the seller and request shipping to your location.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@rpohalek 

Maybe you have another element blocked, maybe that you only accept dollars?

Exception list: https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/ExemptBuyers

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@twinkling.smile wrote:

@rpohalek 

Maybe you have another element blocked, maybe that you only accept dollars?

Exception list: https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/ExemptBuyers

The OP's issue has nothing to do with currency or blocked buyers.

All sellers receive payment in the currency that is listed in. A listing on .com is always priced in US Dollars, buyers must pay in US Dollars and BUYERS cover the currency exchange fees if they are paying in any other currency.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

You're right. I was mistaken.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@rpohalek wrote:

Also, one other thing I forgot to mention, I revised the listing and excluded all countries except for the Netherlands.  I haven't heard back from the buyer yet to see if this worked.

It doesn't because 305288010688 is listed for the US only.

Maybe you can make a change: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin...

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. So far, nothing seems to work to get this item to sell EIS.  I'm giving up on it for now.  Thanks again.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

It's not your settings, it's the product that's being blocked. eIS often blocks electronic devices like that from international shipping. Look at other sellers' listings and you'll see the same block.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply