cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results missing when sorting by newly listed

I have a saved search that I run periodically and sort by newly listed to keep track of anything that has been listed, however when I look at the sold listings for the same parameters there are many items that never appeared in that search before. When I run the search I go through anything added since I last check, so how could an auction start and end without ever appearing?

Why are results being hidden from this view?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Or the listings were relists. Relists keep the original listing date under newly listed sort, even if the seller has been relisting them for years.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Sold listings may include items that sold much earlier that were carried on as "out of stock" until the listing was finally ended by the seller manually.

Or the listings were originally listed before you started regularly using that search.

Or the listings were listed and immediately purchased in between two of your searches before you had a chance to see the active listing.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Or the listings were relists. Relists keep the original listing date under newly listed sort, even if the seller has been relisting them for years.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply