cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet Another Technical Site Issue

Anyone else who has a store on ebay notice your categories are gone?  Began 1 hr ago 8/5/21.  Tested on various browsers, pcs, & phones, cleared cache, etc..

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Yet Another Technical Site Issue

Hello! Yes! I also have a store and all my store categories are gone. I hope it is fixed soon!

Message 31 of 52
latest reply

I have the same problem, noticed yesterday.

Message 32 of 52
latest reply

As a seller, as a consumer, & knowledge & experience of brand marketing.... 

I strongly disagree with how Ebay inc. is re-formatting, testing formats, testing appearences, of store owner clients.  What has happened and is happening is creating confusion, loss of sales, time and money for store owners. I don't need to explain it, as all of the complaints including catagories, shipping, etc... relate.  I don't see how any changes specifically over the past 4-5 months has improved, helped sellers.  

I would like my top rated back as well. I lost my top rated status because Ebay randomly took away international sales to count to quality for top rated seller status. Though this happened a while ago, I am still not over it.  Especially when ebay encouraged sellers to use (at the time) their new international shipping option.  Approx 3 months after this encouraged shipping option, several people including myself lost their hard earned top rated seller status because the number of sales required dropped below 100 when ebay for some reason, and randomly, just disqualified all international sales to count to qualify for top rated.  

Message 33 of 52
latest reply

When I first posted I couldn't even get to my store and my business policies were gone. Even in MyEbay, there were no links to manage my store. Then suddenly everything seemed to be working again. They're definitely not showing now though.

Message 34 of 52
latest reply

Well ... the weekend is here, eBay went home until Monday mid-day here in the east ... no chance this glitch will be fixed in the next hour or two ... I hope I am wrong but I doubt it.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 35 of 52
latest reply

@mr_lincoln   So...have you had any sales today?  I had a couple early but nothing since.  Deathly quiet.  😨

Message 36 of 52
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Well ... the weekend is here, eBay went home until Monday mid-day here in the east ... no chance this glitch will be fixed in the next hour or two ... I hope I am wrong but I doubt it.

Inadvertently I ended up on the US Announcement page today. This was top of the list dated yesterday.

Announcing improvements and features now live on t... - The eBay Canada Community

It covers all the known features connected to having a store. Not sure if it's intended as part of a subscription drive or a refresher.  Especially considering the current technical glitch. I guess that's eBay speak for irony!! I didn't spot anything new or earth shattering.

****Categories redesign on eBay Stores****

Amazingly it shows up on dot ca too. Usually those kinds of announcements are a bit ummm tape delayed!! 

-Lotz

Message 37 of 52
latest reply

@myhomeschooldelights wrote:

@mr_lincoln   So...have you had any sales today?  I had a couple early but nothing since.  Deathly quiet.  😨

@myhomeschooldelights   Yes but only on Auctions where Buyers have been watching them since before the bone head programming glitch was applied to my eBay account ... I'm not real happy about this ... can you tell?

Regards,
Message 38 of 52
latest reply

They announced in Ebay Open on Thurs that they were "releasing" the new store updates that day.  I'm assuming that's what caused this.........since they were touting the store category upgrades.  One person asked about the problem and was apparently misunderstood, at least from the answer that was given.  I posted late Thurs nite......and included links to one of the selling board posts about it, but my question/information disappeared by Fri.  and got no answer.  

Message 39 of 52
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

They announced in Ebay Open on Thurs that they were "releasing" the new store updates that day.  I'm assuming that's what caused this.........since they were touting the store category upgrades.  One person asked about the problem and was apparently misunderstood, at least from the answer that was given.  I posted late Thurs nite......and included links to one of the selling board posts about it, but my question/information disappeared by Fri.  and got no answer.  

@dhbookds   The announcement was on July 29th and I remember reading it ... here's the opening statement they made:  "We are excited to share updates we've recently made based on your feedback. Our goal is to ensure you get the most out of your eBay Store. We’ve gradually upgraded our platform and want to introduce improvements and features that are now live."

Here is the statement made on the Store Category section: "We have also introduced a new Store categories experience. The new Store categories page helps reduce the time to create and manage your Store categories by allowing you to view and manage all Store categories on a single page. 

Adding categories to your eBay Store helps buyers more easily navigate all your listings within your eBay Store"

"We are excited to share updates we've recently made based on your feedback."    Ahhhh, would you mind telling me "who" you asked about for this?  It sure wasn't me ...

"We have also introduced a new Store categories experience."  I'll say you have ... it's QUITE the experience.

"The new Store categories page helps reduce the time to create and manage your Store categories by allowing you to view and manage all Store categories on a single page." Actually, it's less than a single page since they deleted all of them ... just saying ...

"Adding categories to your eBay Store helps buyers more easily navigate all your listings within your eBay Store."  I had all the Store categories I needed before you deleted them ... this does NOT "enhance the Buying experience" (eBay credo) ... one iota ...

Regards,
Message 40 of 52
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

@dhbookds   The announcement was on July 29th and I remember reading it ... here's the opening statement they made:  "We are excited to share updates we've recently made based on your feedback. Our goal is to ensure you get the most out of your eBay Store. We’ve gradually upgraded our platform and want to introduce improvements and features that are now live."

Here is the statement made on the Store Category section: "We have also introduced a new Store categories experience. The new Store categories page helps reduce the time to create and manage your Store categories by allowing you to view and manage all Store categories on a single page. 

Adding categories to your eBay Store helps buyers more easily navigate all your listings within your eBay Store"

"We are excited to share updates we've recently made based on your feedback."    Ahhhh, would you mind telling me "who" you asked about for this?  It sure wasn't me ...

"We have also introduced a new Store categories experience."  I'll say you have ... it's QUITE the experience.

"The new Store categories page helps reduce the time to create and manage your Store categories by allowing you to view and manage all Store categories on a single page." Actually, it's less than a single page since they deleted all of them ... just saying ...

"Adding categories to your eBay Store helps buyers more easily navigate all your listings within your eBay Store."  I had all the Store categories I needed before you deleted them ... this does NOT "enhance the Buying experience" (eBay credo) ... one iota ...

@shoecitychampions 

@myhomeschooldelights 

@swappart 

Categories "should" be up and running. As per always. Mileage may vary!!! 🙂

-Lotz

Message 41 of 52
latest reply

OK, they fixed the categories.  They also "improved" the store by adding all that white space and showing less than four complete listings per desktop screen, so lots and lots of scrolling.  Why is eBay dumbing down everything to optimize just for mobile phones?  I do NOT consider this a store improvement.

Message 42 of 52
latest reply

The default store display is list, which only shows 4 items.  By selecting gallery I can see lots more items for sale.

I notice GTC items in most stores show shipping, either free or the calculated shipping cost.  However in both my stores my GTC fixed price listings do NOT show shipping.  Another glitch...

Message 43 of 52
latest reply

Yup, my store categories are showing again. Thanks.

Message 44 of 52
latest reply

@swappart wrote:

Yup, my store categories are showing again. Thanks.

@swappart   Its about time ...

Regards,
Message 45 of 52
latest reply