cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet Another Technical Site Issue

Anyone else who has a store on ebay notice your categories are gone?  Began 1 hr ago 8/5/21.  Tested on various browsers, pcs, & phones, cleared cache, etc..

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Having the same issue. All of my store categories are missing regardless of browser or device used. Happened sometime in the last few hours.

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

Yes, I have the same problem.   All of my store categories are missing on the left side navigation bar of the store home page.   They were there this morning when I was listing and disappeared about 2 hours or so ago.

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

Same here - they show on the listings themselves, but not on the store home page.

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

@shoecitychampions 

@dymondldy 

@valcyn38 

On the Selling board someone else posted the same problem and it was responded to by John on eBay staff.  He had a suggestion, which I just tried.   Unfortunately it did not work.  I logged out and back in, cleared history, cache, cookies, and looked again, still no solution, but I wanted to share it in case you wanted to try it on your own stores.  Maybe it will work for you.  

Toggle the store categories off and back on:

1. Go to https://www.ebay.com/sh/str/edit
  2. At the bottom of the page, under Category Preference, select eBay Categories
  3. Click the blue 'Publish' button
  4. Repeat the above steps, instead selecting Store Categories this time
Message 5 of 52
latest reply

I posted this in the Selling Board, not knowing that there was a Technical Board...happening to me also.

All 3 of my stores no longer display all the categories that I had set up. All I see is 'Category', and 'All'(both not clickable). Is this something permanent or a server glitch? I am the 'someone else' that the above poster is talking about. Tried that 'solution' on all 3 of my stores, multiple times....no joy!

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

This is also happening to me and to several other sellers that I checked.

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

tyler@ebay

john@ebay

Can you please look into this as soon as possible?  Thank you.  john@ebay advice in a post on the Seller forum does not work unfortunately.   Thanks!

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

@myhomeschooldelights wrote:

tyler@ebay

john@ebay

Can you please look into this as soon as possible?  Thank you.  john@ebay advice in a post on the Seller forum does not work unfortunately.   Thanks!

tyler@ebay   My categories are gone too, plus to select my 4 "Featured items" for the store front page the gallery layout only shows 3 across instead of the previous 4 ... get that fixed too.  The other issue, what's with all the Filters over in the left gutter where the categories were?????  Buyers use Filters on the main Search, not in stores, THAT'S what Store Categories are for ... fix that too please.

Screenshot (2975).png

Screenshot (2976).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 9 of 52
latest reply

Happening here too. Also, all of my business policies are gone. I can't even access my store or list. This is insane.

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

I guess they fixed it. I really thought this was going to be a nightmare.

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

What has happened to my store categories and how do I get them back?

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

I woke up to the same issue.  I had over 200 store categories last night and they were all gone this morning.

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

We are having the same issue, store categories are gone!

Message 14 of 52
latest reply

Having the same issue here.  It's all just so very frustrating.  I'm hoping it's just a glitch, or maybe it's by design and ebay has done away with another feature without letting us know before hand.  I pay for an anchor store and a ton more thru my FVF's, I would love for more communication from ebay on these things.  I have carefully constructed my store categories over the years thru countless man hours.  I'm hoping they didn't just decide to wipe them out in favor for something else that, given ebay's track record will not be superior to what we already had in place.

Message 15 of 52
latest reply