cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We can't find this transaction. Please check your transactions to give feedback.

I just sold an item on Friday 12/22. It will not let me leave feedback for the buyer.

When I click on the auction, click leave feedback, I get this message "

We can't find this transaction. Please check your transactions to give feedback."

If I click "Leave Feedback" from my seller dashboard, the link to leave feedback opens, but when I click save I get this message "We ran into a problem saving your feedback. Please close the page and try again."

The item number is 186210810663 https://www.ebay.com/itm/186210810663

Why can't I leave feedback. This is a new buyer with only 1 feedback so far. They were excited to win the auction, and I wanted to leave them positive feedback.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: We can't find this transaction. Please check your transactions to give feedback.

And you have been paid, right?

Since you have 30 days to leave feedback, why not just wait a few days and see if you can leave it then?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: We can't find this transaction. Please check your transactions to give feedback.

Yes I was paid and the item has been shipped. 

I've been on Ebay since 2003, and this is the first time I've ever not been able to leave feedback. Obviously something is wrong, which is why I posted this question to see how to resolve it. Thanks

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Have you looked at your eBay messages? Have you looked at the buyers profile page are they still registered? If you can see tracking, what does it show? 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Hello, yes, I've checked everything I could think of. The buyer is still registered. They only have 1 feedback so far, and they were excited to be getting another one, which is why I can't believe I'm having this trouble lol. The first time this has happened to me in 20 years.

Tracking shows the item will deliver on 12/27.

Everything looks normal except it won't let me leave feedback. Weird

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I just had the same issue with a transaction.  I think eBay had a glitch in the system.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I'm having that exact same problem. The item was paid for, I shipped it, but it doesn't show up in sales. I would really like to leave the person feedback.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Same problem. Spent about 10 min with an Ebay bot yesterday with this, who transferred me to someone, who I suspect was still a bot of a higher frequency, and we spent 30 min going over the issue with no resolution. I tried every backdoor and every approach, but no results. Can't leave feedback. I ended up having to contact the buyer(s) to tell them what was going on. Ebay sent me a chat transcript, for whatever less than helpful reason...but nothing was fixed. Been going on for 3 days now.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Interesting development. This is only happening with my repeat customers now. I'm having no issues leaving new customers feedback...bad for me because most of my customers are repeaters. I hope ebay is looking into this...I don't want to have to deal with irate customers because I can't leave feedback for them 😞

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Can confirm I've been having the same issue with two separate new customers since yesterday. Items paid for and shipped but still getting this error. Shame cause I'd like to give them good feedback too but I can't...

Hope ebay solves this

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Just had this same issue form a purchase in the same date range as these buyers (mid-December 2023).  The transaction is between a long-established buyer and seller.

"We can't find this transaction. Please check your transactions to give feedback."

Since the transaction is obviously not "lost" and fully a matter of record in the transaction list (except for "feedback" problem), it would be nice if ebay would provide more factually accurate information on this problem.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply