cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see full resolution of my images

Here's an issue that started recently for me. When I go into one of my listings and click the main photo, I'm unable to see the full resolution image pop up, it just shows me a tiny photo. However, I'm able to see the full resolution with the second photo I upload, just not the first. This is a big problem for me because I sell antique photographs, and the tiny details are what make the images desirable.

It's odd that I *can* see the full resolution when I hover over the photo, but not when I click on it.

Message 1 of 72
latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Unable to see full resolution of my images

EBay issue for sure.. the items I had up 2 weeks ago were fine.. relisted them and they were not!  Nothing changed, just some time..

Message 46 of 72
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 @shipscript @threetabbycats @bretts @njrtsr @sta8mps_8 @cmgl @ehartf @howe1850 @rncco
Hey everyone, I have great news!  Our tech team has moved forward with opening an alert!  ALERT14623

I have updated the tech board with this alert as well.  

I think I tagged everyone in this thread, but if I missed anyone, please let them know as well!

Also, just a quick side note: @mcdougle4248 you are correct about SR numbers being generated for every contact with customer service.  The number you get is specific to that individual call/chat/email you had with CS.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 47 of 72
latest reply

kyle@ebay wrote:

@mcdougle4248 @shipscript @threetabbycats @bretts @njrtsr @sta8mps_8 @cmgl @ehartf @howe1850 @rncco
Hey everyone, I have great news!  Our tech team has moved forward with opening an alert!  ALERT14623

I have updated the tech board with this alert as well.  

I think I tagged everyone in this thread, but if I missed anyone, please let them know as well!

Also, just a quick side note: @mcdougle4248 you are correct about SR numbers being generated for every contact with customer service.  The number you get is specific to that individual call/chat/email you had with CS.

@stuff4divas @fba1916 @graded_card_vault 
I ran out of tags in my first reply, so I added you folks here.  I think I got everyone now.  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 48 of 72
latest reply

kyle@ebay 

Thank you!

Message 49 of 72
latest reply

Thank you so much.

Message 50 of 72
latest reply

Problem still there on my iMac and iPad.  There’s a simple workaround for sellers: upload your first image twice before adding the rest. On enlargement, the first copy of the first image will be tiny (as everyone is getting) but the second copy will be fine with full detail.  Hope this helps.  And come on eBay, get this bug fixed asap!!

Message 51 of 72
latest reply

Given this problem, ALERT14623, has been going on since 18 April, eBay's Change Control and QA should get the changes that caused it backed out. Sellers are loosing income, and so eBay is loosing commisson.  Of maybe there's something more to it? Anyway I'm going back to bricks and mortar shops, where I can see what I'm buying!

Message 52 of 72
latest reply

@ajj7  Good idea, just did that with my newest listing and it works out well 😊

Message 53 of 72
latest reply

Yet another issue that EBAY cannot fix. Does anyone else suspect that the "TECH TEAM" needs to be replaced?

This is quite a basic feature. As a seller you upload images of your products in, usually, one aspect ratio and size. Yet the script changes it on one picture only. This is just badly written programming. It wouldn't be allowed to happen on Amazon, yet the sellers here have to find new "work-arounds" on a regular basis.

Add this to the "cannot do combined postage" issues here:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/Issues-with-customers-unable-to-request-a-combined-po...

and I have to conclude that EBAY is coming apart at the seams.

Anyone good with a needle and thread?

Message 54 of 72
latest reply

Hi Kyle. Where might one find the tech board you mention?

Message 55 of 72
latest reply

@threetabbycats 

Sorry for butting in...obviously I am not Kyle 😀

You can find the "tech board" Kyle mentioned pinned to the top of the Share eBay Technical Issues board.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Ongoing-technical-issues-updated-as-of-03-...

Message 56 of 72
latest reply

It appears the problem has been fixed, or in the process of being so, as I am now getting full resolution images for that first one in the listings again.  Hooray!

I wonder what it was?

Message 57 of 72
latest reply

@cmgl 

I am also seeing full-resolution images for the first photo.  Yippee!

Message 58 of 72
latest reply

Appears to be fixed for me as well.  Now to go back and remove the redundant 1st photo on a few listings

Message 59 of 72
latest reply

@rncco 

I think I am going to leave the second photo I uploaded for now.  I just want to make sure the fix sticks.   

Message 60 of 72
latest reply