cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to report an item

Hello, im just informing that there is a bug maybe. Im unable to report someones item as there is no option to select when reporting. Please can someone fix this. Thanks

gg.png

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Unable to report an item

I tried the report item page in various browsers .. IT DOES NOT WORK, and as regular ebay seller i am getting more and more annoyed by ebay. Getting help seems impossible and certainly not possible as it was a few years ago.

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

@waveman2016 

The "Report item" function is currently working for me using Windows 10 and the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

If you have the eBay app, try using that to report an item.

Message 17 of 29
latest reply

NONE of the options are operational, Including the first one.
Message 18 of 29
latest reply

What the hell does "what are you trying to report the listing for" got to do with fixing the actual problem?
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

Check to see if the popup blocker might be stopping the list from filling in. I see a big stop sign next to the star. Click that and see if you have the option to disable it for this site. It might let you see the options.

Normally you cannot turn this off with modern browsers when you disable extensions as it isn't an extension but built into the browser. The browser options should have the option to turn it off but I don't recommend that as it means no blocking on any site you visit.
Message 20 of 29
latest reply

@teddy2700 

What browser and operating system are you using? Are you using any script blockers?

Report item seems to be working for me using the latest version of several different browsers on a Windows 10 machine.

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

This is STILL an ongoing issue.

There's nothing that comes up when you try and click the 1st drop down box.

I've tried in Chrome, Chrome incognito. Chrome after clearing my cache/cookies. etc.

I've tried Internet Explorer.

I've tried the app on my phone.

I've tried Ebay.ca

NONE of those options work.

I seriously think they just don't want you to report listings at all. 

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Report item links and menus still working for me in the US, and I am able to report listings using multiple current browsers on a Windows 10 machine or on my Android phone in a browser or in the app.

Is there anything out of the ordinary about your network (such as using a VPN?), DNS, or proxy service?

eBay goes through a lot of trouble to have an active reporting system, even if that system does not work for everyone all the time.

If eBay did not care about reported items, it would make more sense to make the reporting system simpler and then just ignore the submitted reports, rather than making the system complex and having it fail in an obvious way for a subset of users before a report could even be submitted.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

I have the same problem here

i am trying to report an issue but the drop down menu shows nothing 

I won an item and paid for it but the vendor relished it in eBay. He even does not respond to my messages. 

this is a message to the eBay team

I would trust you if you contact me by message or email to resolve this issue

my transaction number is.   14-05502-97663. 
my eBay name is amehenna
demonstrate to the community that eBay is a serious organization thinking about us not just about making money.

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

I have had this problem for a very long time. Reported it on the boards, and even called it in. Nothing. eBay truly does not care. Is there not eBay mods on this page that can actually do something?

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

@yourtixfix 

I see you are registered in Canada. Have you tried reporting that listing on ebay.ca?

Some users with two eBay accounts have posted that they are able to submit reports using one account but not the other. If you have more than one account, try reporting using the other account.

Moderators and eBay employees do not participate on most discussion boards except to post on very narrow policy issues when called upon to do so.

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Even today  this is an ongoing issue, tons of scam ebay listings all unable to report them....

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

@cakl-6663 

Try reporting those items using another browser, another site such as ebay.ca or ebay.co.uk, or another eBay account, if you have one.

Although some users seem to be having a problem making reports, the "report item" feature is still working for many other users.

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply