cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to report an item

Hello, im just informing that there is a bug maybe. Im unable to report someones item as there is no option to select when reporting. Please can someone fix this. Thanks

gg.png

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Unable to report an item

@vysko-ada 

You have to select from the first drop-down menu in order to get the secondary ones.

Click the little down arrow on the right where it says "select from list" in your screenshot.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly 

The dropdown is empty.

image.png

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

@eerozzor @vysko-ada  (are both of these ID's the same person??)

What are you trying to report the listing for?

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

@eerozz 

Have you tried another browser?

Also, have you tried another item listing to see if the dropdown works at all for you?

It might be worth trying to view the same item on another country site -- try ebay.co.uk instead and see if the reporting works there.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

I get the dropdown menu on .com, co.uk and .de using Both Chrome and Edge … so @eburtonlab is probably correct that it is a browser issue.

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Switching between browsers didnt worked for me but on https://www.ebay.co.uk im able to report it. Strange.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

@eburtonlab @penguins_dont_fly 
No, this is just one of the fake Philips Hue listing I've found. The dropdown seems to be empty on any item that I'm trying to report on ebay.com. I'm on Chrome and I've tried incognito mode and also Firefox.

I was able to report the listing on ebay.co.uk

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

@eerozz 

Are you running any extensions that would block javascript in those browsers? Even if you have ebay.com whitelisted, a javascript blocker might interfere with those drop-down menus.

If that is the case, try whitelisting ocswf.ebay.com as well, or disabling your script blocker to report that page.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

@eburtonlab Well, on Chrome I have a ton of extensions enabled, but as I said I tried incognito mode which disables extensions and it still did not work. On Firefox I have no plugins installed.

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

@eerozz 

It is possible to use extensions in incognito mode in Chrome, though I believe they are disabled by default in most cases.

But if you are not able to use the report item drop-downs in Firefox with no extensions, then the problem likely lies elsewhere (unless you are using a very old version of Firefox).

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

I'm aware. The extensions are disabled by default. Only extension I have enabled in incognito mode is Lastpass. Firefox is up to date (version 69.0.3). Problem is very likely on Ebay's side.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

I have the same problem. No option available in the first drop down menu. Tried the listing in co.uk and it worked fine. Chrome on a mac. Def a glitch.

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

I'm having the same issue for a long time. 

Even reported it to CS. I think I posted a question about it also.
It does work if I change the ebay site to the UK one.
So happy I found this thread

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

This is neither hardware or software problems, its simply made like this to tired out the user and give up.

3 out of 10 transactions are scam, but they still make millions ekstra from it, so they are shamelessly supporting the scammers, without of course admitting it.

Message 15 of 29
latest reply