cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search results is broken - 0 listings, then shows all the listings but no sorting option

Search for "5950x". Check "sold listings" 

0 results for 5950x

No exact matches found

Results matching fewer words:

---- Below shows results with EXACT matches, but with no sorting option available, just randomly displayed. ---

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Search results is broken - 0 listings, then shows all the listings but no sorting option

collectorkp
Scout

Still broken this morning as well

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Re: Search results is broken - 0 listings, then shows all the listings but no sorting option

Somehow I am sure in Ebays, gotta touch everything and screw it up. Someone came up with the idea that if we can't see what items sold for, we will randomly put in prices and that will make items sell for higher. Have you ever seen ebay leave anything alone that is working.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

I sell memory. I searched "PC2-5300F" Active came back with 3495 results. Soold items came back with 0.

Below where it says Results matching fewer words. There are many listings that have "PC2-5300F". Just as I searched it. Problem is there are many other unrealated items and you can not sort it. So you can not get a good gage on what it is selling for. I believe ebay is doing this on purpose. If seller have the ability to see what items have been selling for. They will list at that price or lower. Prices will drop for the item. But if you really cant get a good gage on what to sell for. So you will probably guesss and ;ist a bit higher. By changing search they kill the ability to compete against each other. You have to think like Ebay. "How can we mess with sellers to gain us more profits and get them less money"

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

@tvr-inc 

I believe ebay is doing this on purpose. If seller have the ability to see what items have been selling for. They will list at that price or lower.

I suppose anything is possible. But if eBay did not want users to search and view sold item prices, eBay could simply remove the "sold" or "completed" search option at any time or limit the range from ninety days to much less than that; eBay would not bother with purposely hobbling some keyword searches and leaving most others fully intact.

Try altering your search to use filters rather than mixed alphanumeric keywords and you can still search for completed items.

Instead of PC2-5300F, try this search:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=memory+5300&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_fsrp=1&Type=DDR2...

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

I searched a number of the items.....not using quotes........on Terapeak research page and every term brought up sold results...........that said......I had to look there for a couple of my things for solds.....I've wondered if they are trying to  "make" people look at/use Terapeak......lol

Screenshot (116).png

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

There's no way this is intentional. The ebay developers broke something without realizing it. If ebay were to remove the buyers and sellers ability to view the detailed price history they've been known to provide forever, it would destroy the website.

I'm not exaggerating. This would hobble markets and allow people to rip off and scam people because they have no idea how to price the items they're selling anymore.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

I did message the eBay for Business facebook and they said they forwarded on the information to the development team, so here's hoping this gets looked at soon.

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

I called and spoke to customer service. who had no idea there was a problem. Finally after 30 minutes of looking into it said they are having an issue and are trying to resolve it. This has been going on for many days now. Cant say I have much confidence in their code writers to fix this anytime soon. This is really slowing down my listing ability. leave to Ebay to screw things up for sellers again.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

It would be nice if Ebay could throw a little money back into their website to keep it running smooth. We ARE the ones that make them the money after all. I have been in contact with them half a dozen times about a selling limit increase over the past couple months. Every time they say I qualify for an increase but to wait 72 hours. Well 72 days later nothing has happened. When I tell them this on the phone they say it is the "system" that is causing delays. What does that even mean?

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

This is certainly a very real issue and has NOTHING to do with a mixture of letters and numbers, like some have previously suggested.  Simple searches with just a few words will show up as "zero listings sold", meanwhile, there will be hundreds of items using the identical phrase in the "less words" section.

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

@donovancomics 

This is certainly a very real issue and has NOTHING to do with a mixture of letters and numbers

It is a real issue, and keywords with mixed alphanumeric seem to be particularly problematic for some reason. Substituting or changing such a term often allows an otherwise broken search to work.

There are other types of searches that seem to fail -- certain searches using multiple quoted keywords, or searches using parentheses to search multiple "OR" terms also seem to have problems.

Choosing different keywords, or substituting filters for keywords can allow a broken search to provide results. This can be a useful workaround for some until eBay fixes things.

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

collectorkp
Scout

Still an issue 4/7. Hopefully somebody from eBay reads this forum..

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

It appears to me that as of sometime 4/9 this issue has been resolved. Anyone else have the same experience?

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

@goats-n-pros wrote:

It would be nice if Ebay could throw a little money back into their website to keep it running smooth. We ARE the ones that make them the money after all. I have been in contact with them half a dozen times about a selling limit increase over the past couple months. Every time they say I qualify for an increase but to wait 72 hours. Well 72 days later nothing has happened. When I tell them this on the phone they say it is the "system" that is causing delays. What does that even mean?

If you mean hiring IT people who got "A's" instead of "D's" in school...I'm all for it.

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

So does this stop or what? This is literally insane how do I function as a seller If i can't view sold comps on my desktop.

Message 30 of 34
latest reply