cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALES WAY DOWN, ITEMS NOT SHOWING UP IN SEARCH ENGINE FOR LAST FEW MONTHS

I have not sold anything for a month, two months at a time and when I search in the search engine no where do hundereds of my things show up. I have called EBay several times about this issue, which was also confirmed by them doing a search their selves for my items and because of this issue my things are not being seen nor sold, paying $59.95 amonth! When I go into my store it also shows on hundereds of my things that no one has seen them or one or two people may have seen others, shoing my things again are not showing up for others to see them. These past several months is the worst I have even done since selling here on EBay. I was told the issues was being reported and would be fixed each time I have called and a credit would be given and then too someone would be sending me an email about the situation. I have not heard back nor received an email as of yet either.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: SALES WAY DOWN, ITEMS NOT SHOWING UP IN SEARCH ENGINE FOR LAST FEW MONTHS

sales are way down for me too. these markdown manager changes are the worst thing I've seen ebay do yet.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I am also having a very frustrating time. For the last month or so my sales have totally dropped. Everything was showing zero 'looked at'-'zero watchers'. Also watchers but on the same item no 'Looked at'. I am a pensioner and not great on the computer. Don't know how to do a 'search engine. I have had ebay call me (at my instigation 'problem selling') and they always tell me they are 'working on it'. They have never got in touch with me! No email - no nothing. A few day ago I received an email saying I could put on anything until the 6th July  without fees? I don't know if it is worth my while putting things on? Are people seeing them? If anyone can come up with something (not too complicated on the computer) I would appreciate it.  It would be helpful if ebay themselves would let me know what is going on and offer some help. I am totally at a loss. If someone could tell me how to do a 'search engine'?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Ebay has become dictatorbay. I was a seller for 9 years on here. Now if you are not a BIG guy they could care less about you. All lest year my calls were all shipped overseas for help from both ebay and paypal just so these huge profit makers could pay someone overseas less than half of what they pay people in the states to work for them which also destroyed any kind of help you could get at the same time. Now they give big coin delaers O fees on bullion which makes it impossible for the little guy to sell. They just accepted a return that was over 14 days on me here the other day, PLUS when someone else tried to offer me to buy something off ebay, they accused me of being part of it even though I clearly rejected the person. I am sick of doing all of the work and ebay taking 75 percent of the profit. MY days on ebay are less than 2 months from coming to a complete end. When I came on here 9 years ago I loved ebay. Now I want nothing to do with it!

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I see also that the problem still exists. I went to pay for something I bought yesterday and I chose to pay by credit card. They took the funds out of my checking account instead so today I am listing some one day listings(my last things I will sell on ebay before closing my account) and I went to view the listings and none are showing up. So we are paying for listings no one can see! Sounds like something ebay would do! I am a 100 percent disable veteran and my bank is on hour away(round trip) now my funds in my bank are short from what they did yesterday . That is the ONLY reason I listed these one day listings today and now I see its a waste of time because no one can SEE THE LISTINGS! Neverending problems, My reason for leaving!
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

The view/watchers number are and have been screwed up since May and perhaps before.......  They aren't accurate as attested to by many who have sold stuff with 0 views. 

I checked several of your items and they come up in search.........

sorry this was directed at Helping..........

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Jean, What I do is I print out a whole list of my things that are actually in my store that I am selling, like two and three pages of items I am selling 1st and then I get out of my store clicking on the main EBay page. I then look at one of my items I am selling with the name, such as lets say a Mother of Pearl Bracelet; I will type that right into the EBay Search but 1st also checking the time left on my item so I narrow it right to that time frame also, then I look for it. If it does not show up for the time frame I have left and under Mother of pearl Bracelet I will print tht showing that time fframe and catagory not showing up in there, then I will try Sterling silver Mother of Pearl Bracelet and just keep going in different searches that are words on my listing for that item until I have exhausted all, showing it is no where to be found on EBay search, but again printing my searches out on not everysingle item because too many but numerous items, showing they are not showing up anywhere in the EBay search engine for others to see. also; what I and EBay have noticed during some of my calls to them  is that if you go into your store and look at the number of your items listed it may or may not show like mabe 45 or 50 items for example when infact you may or may not really have 100 or 200 items showing up, another way of self proving your items are not showing up and what I did for that was hit the round arrow to try and get it to reset itself and even went in and reset everything through the edit all items without changing anything which only showed all items back very temporary then back again to not showing all items sold again my my store, which again showing a definite glitch somewhere here on EBay, things being limited to what others are able to see! I have been selling here on EBay for about four years now and this past year has been the worst ever, and again for months now my items not showing up in the search engine, reason for not selling as I know it and have been calling EBay on and off numerous times for the past year regarding this very issue! I hope this helps some my friend! God Bless!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

THAT IS UNREAL! I AM ALREady THINKING ABOUT QUITTING AND NEVER WASTING ANOTHER MOMENT AGAIN ON HERE~~!

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I called about items posted that are no where to be found and the tech told me "we are processing the listing and it can take up to 48 hours" SERIOUSLY?! It took 4 days for just that single listing to show up! Sales down by 70% this moth. I am so beyond frustrated! 

Have you seen any change on your site? issues actually resolved? 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

But there are 100's of my items that are not showing up. I did not say all of my items are not showing up, but 100's of them. I think not sure but think I may have found one of the problems; I just went to click on the link to my store to where it shows the door right next to my name right after checking my emails on EBay and this is what came up >> http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewStoreV4&name=helpingmami1939&_rdc=1  Also please see below for more detail! Perhaps this is part of the problem why people are not getting to see my things and or purchase from me???? 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I've had buyers message me quite a bit over the last week or so asking why a certain team isn't listed etc, but it is listed.  They are not showing up in search results for some of my buyers.  One said it even happened when using view sellers other items.   My sales are WAY off and I sell with no reserve.  I have lost a lot of money on some things, I think because the listings haven't been visible to some, or all, bidders for at least part of the time the auction is active.  Super frustrating.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I've had no sales in 45 days!!!  I have over 400 items and nothing...no even emails from buyers who want to offer 50% or less than my sale price.  YIKES! what is happening?

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

My last attempt to list more than 200 items resulted in zero views. Not even a 0 (zero) showed up on view count, only dashes ----

I thought to call CS, but quit calling a few years ago because it just is a waist of time. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Yes it is, especially when people knows and has acknowledged the problem exists and is not being rectified or fixed as we continue to lose sales after sales. I only started selling my things due to helping and taken care of my Mom, my own sever health issues and now taken care of my Aunty as well. I take care of two houses and can't do that properly without selling my things I have save throughout my life. I am only selling things I personally collected through the years beginning as a young girl! Very Frustrating for sure, especially when I see many of others selling hundereds and even thousands of their things and me nothing but a $50.00 items here and there maybe one month and then nothing for two months or whatever the time frame is and still being charged $59.95 a month no matter what! Again super frustrating. Please fix the problem EBay! 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

"markdown manager changes are the worst thing I've seen ebay do yet."

I agree 100% percent. I understand what they are trying to do, but it has completely hurt sales.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply