cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALES WAY DOWN, ITEMS NOT SHOWING UP IN SEARCH ENGINE FOR LAST FEW MONTHS

I have not sold anything for a month, two months at a time and when I search in the search engine no where do hundereds of my things show up. I have called EBay several times about this issue, which was also confirmed by them doing a search their selves for my items and because of this issue my things are not being seen nor sold, paying $59.95 amonth! When I go into my store it also shows on hundereds of my things that no one has seen them or one or two people may have seen others, shoing my things again are not showing up for others to see them. These past several months is the worst I have even done since selling here on EBay. I was told the issues was being reported and would be fixed each time I have called and a credit would be given and then too someone would be sending me an email about the situation. I have not heard back nor received an email as of yet either.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: SALES WAY DOWN, ITEMS NOT SHOWING UP IN SEARCH ENGINE FOR LAST FEW MONTHS

What they mean by "Search Engine" is, are you using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer or Firefox or Safari (Macintosh "Apple" computer) for example. These "search engines" are where you type in what you are looking for & then the various websites pop up & you choose which one to go to by clicking on it (hopefully that made sense). Sometimes Google Chrome/Firefox do not work properly for eBay.

P.S. There is nothing you can do to fix eBay's current website issues. This has nothing to do with you or how "good" you are on the computer or which search engine you use .

Alot of sellers are having ALOT of major issues right now & also for the last few weeks.

eBay at some point a few weeks ago tried to "upgrade" their website & has messed up their website & apparently they do NOT know how to fix it....you will just have to wait for them to figure out how to fix it (but if you are using Google Chrome/Firefox, do try another search engine (example Internet Explorer) as it "may" work better).

P.S. When you call "support", they usually are in the dark & many times do more harm than help by giving ridiculous, idiotic advice/blame/excuses/double talk etc (i.e. blaming it on the seller or suggesting it is your computer or just your listing). I have called "support" many times asking them about a website issue & they deny it is happening when eBay, Inc has already issued notification of the issue....the most brutal "customer service" I have ever come across.....they should change the name on their website to "customer disservice".

Message 16 of 16
latest reply