cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

I've had 5 Sales going on for quite awhile, all ending on same date/time, and I always follow the same procedure when they end: I 'Copy' each ended sale so I don't have to select the items again, set the start/end times and Launch.

Did that this morn with all 5 as per usual, but when they became Active, each showed Zero for the # of Items in the sale. I clicked on the Zero and below is an example of what I saw:

Untitled.jpg

These "Skipped" Items were selected to be in the sale! All 5 Sales are showing ALL my selections as "Skipped!" This has never happened before and I've been launching these sales for at least 6 months. Further, there's no way that I know of to delete these faulty sales. Perhaps @Anonymous can shed some light on this new problem/error.

Message 1 of 271
latest reply
270 REPLIES 270

Re: PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

Unfortunately didn't work for me :(….So silly to have it at the bottom. This has really turned into the Bizarro ebay world! (in response to Bluechip comment on promo moving back to the top..)

Now i see it's changed again for you! 

WTH!

Message 181 of 271
latest reply

@violetsoup wrote:

Unfortunately didn't work for me :(….So silly to have it at the bottom. This has really turned into the Bizarro ebay world! (in response to Bluechip comment on promo moving back to the top..)

Now i see it's changed again for you! 

WTH!

I just don't undersatand. 

Look at these sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252342590681

https://www.ebay.com/itm/141916397741

😞

Message 182 of 271
latest reply

I know! How crazy is that??
Message 183 of 271
latest reply

The promotions banner has always been on bottom that I know of and most importantly when you search for an item, it does NOT give the sale price in the search so HOW is a buyer suppose to know its even on sale unless they click on the item and scroll down to the bottom of the page so its worthless tool.   I am going back to my pre sale strategy of having to run autions every week and hope that draws customers into my store, of course, costing me more money.  

Message 184 of 271
latest reply

My 4th of July sale is also in the trash now. EBAY has no clue what they are doing!! This new seller update is blasphemy! Complete nonsense! Extremely frustrated now!

Message 185 of 271
latest reply

Hello trinton@ebay

I am unable to put any item on sale and my sales ended yesterday at 12pm. It has been over 24 hours but I still can't put them on sale ever since the update! Why was this policy created? What's the benefit? Will it be reversed? My 4th of July sale is now in jeapoardy!

Message 186 of 271
latest reply

You won't be able to put any more sales on for 14 days now.  My sale was over last week and still can't do any sales.  Only thing I did was put a bunch of stuff at auction at the old sale price, otherwise my sales have dropped in half since I can run sales anymore

Message 187 of 271
latest reply

Ebay fixed it alright !!!! people that have never had a business, think they know how I should run my business. this new 14 days rule is a true waste of my time. How many more " IMPROVEMENTS" can one take??????? who thinks this stuff up??????????????????

Message 188 of 271
latest reply

Here is a knew one. If you have ANYTHING listed in ebays catalog. Your first picture is now a stock photo.

Message 189 of 271
latest reply

That's because if you check out the new product based shopping experience, you will see only one photo for an item, the stock photo.   Buyers are shown Ebays best pick, usually a mega seller selling dirt cheap and then the rest items by condition or price.  This change only really benifits the mega clearnace sellers selling everything dirt cheap. 

Message 190 of 271
latest reply

I totally agree. Waiting 14 days to have another promotion/sale is ludicrus.  I, among other sellers enjoy having our whole store, or even certain catagories on sale which spurs purchases by buyers. Whoever thought of this idea of the 14 day wait most certainly doesn't have a business sense. And as the previous commentor mentioned, it is the sellers who makes eBay work, not eBay.

Message 191 of 271
latest reply

@techwiese

"I thought the waiting period did not apply to items that were Listed or relisted for less than 30 days (e.g. 10 day Listings).  I relisted several items this morning and changed them from 30 day to 10 day so I could put them on sale and it does not work either. "

I have not read anything about this distinction, but apparently, as per your experience,  the 14-Fricking-Days-of-Hell Waiting Period applies to all fixed price listings.

*WHY IS EBAY POLICY LANGUAGE SO VAGUE???

*WHY DO WE HAVE TO SPEND HOURS SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS ELSEWHERE BECAUSE NO ONE AT EBAY CAN PROVIDE EXACT POLICY INFORMATION???

Message 192 of 271
latest reply

@apogee-perigee

"Insane Idea.  I am a shareholder since 1998 and this idea makes me disgusted.  I will request to see sales volume this quarter in meeting.   Who ever thought this up should be fired and I will ask to do so if Ebay profits are down.    This is just plain insane."

Thank you for posting. Please relay some of our comments/concerns/woes at the shareholder's meeting. It seems that Corporate doesn't have a clue that they are destroying eBay's niche on the market, a place where one may buy anything from antiquities to brand new electronics. Our sales are literally tanking and this is not simply due to the regularly slow summer season. I renewed my store in June and now regret doing so. Many of us are actively seeking other places to sell where selling is facilitated rather than obstructed.

And I reiterate: If it ain't broke, don't fix it...well it's broken now for sure!

Message 193 of 271
latest reply

I am having the same issues. This is beyond frustrating to experience as I rely on my Selling Tools for Optimal Sales Peak. I tried twice to engage in two different percentage sales and it skipped all the first attempt, paused then deleted. Then I tried it again and it only showed 2 in one and 5 in another. PLEASE FIX THIS EBAY, I need my Selling Tools to be working correctly. There are so many things going on right now at the same time including exposure/view issues that are making this difficult to bear through. 

PLEASE, WE NEED YOUR HELP EBAY!!

Message 194 of 271
latest reply

It's "fixed"! Omg! So happy!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Markdown-Manager-Update/m-p/28694630

My first item is on sale!

Message 195 of 271
latest reply