cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

I've had 5 Sales going on for quite awhile, all ending on same date/time, and I always follow the same procedure when they end: I 'Copy' each ended sale so I don't have to select the items again, set the start/end times and Launch.

Did that this morn with all 5 as per usual, but when they became Active, each showed Zero for the # of Items in the sale. I clicked on the Zero and below is an example of what I saw:

Untitled.jpg

These "Skipped" Items were selected to be in the sale! All 5 Sales are showing ALL my selections as "Skipped!" This has never happened before and I've been launching these sales for at least 6 months. Further, there's no way that I know of to delete these faulty sales. Perhaps @Anonymous can shed some light on this new problem/error.

Message 1 of 271
latest reply
270 REPLIES 270

Re: PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

Same here. Sales are crucial. Someone at EBAY is on a power trip because these changes make no sense.
Seth S Wawak
Message 31 of 271
latest reply

Ya the 1 day timer before starting another sale doesn't seem to be working. That or for some reason the two weeks it must be listed started yesterday upon implementation.

Either way we do appreciate the response @Anonymous very much. thank you for communicating

Message 32 of 271
latest reply

We have a big store. 4900 items. Have sold this way for 10 years and grown becasue we sell rare items that will show up on the first page of google. Just accepted free returns, which we dont like and 10 days later, havent indexed yet and dont show up when you sort by free returns. My pictures arent showing up half the time, just went to edit and it says no pictures with an item that has very large nice pictures. I cant see any international items without a few extra clicks so Im guessing thats why our international sales have come down this month.  Now on top of it, we cant put our store on sale. 

The people who are creating these nonstop overlapping updates must not sell on ebay.  What theyre doing is insane and rapid fire. There are more than 80 comments on 2 threads of people that were clueless this was happening becasue we cant keep up with how many updates come out at once now that are drastic and so many other things are not fixed.  I havent been able to reply to potential buyers on the mobile app for a year. They have to wait until I come home. My pics arent showing up. Now to search my store, buyers end up looking at ebays categories that are way out of whack with our store and how it jives and doesnt help buyers find items in the real world.  I put the store on vaction yesterday to work on something else.  It doesnt matter what my price is, marketing with constant sales has worked for 10 years and anytime the store is off sale, the sales die. Its not cheating on price, people like the sales, its marketing and we sell stuff most people dont have.

I honestly cant figure out how us making less sales on this platform, makes ebay more money or more valuable.  Or how chasing larger sellers off with constant insane upodates is going to help the revenue. There is almost nothing left to take away.  10% that we dont care about but are giving free returns a shot before throwing in the towel. We were on target to sell over 500k this year here. Years of continual growth due to us adding new rare items, years of the same repeat customers. This is not due to free returns as we arent discounters. Our customers buy or they dont. Its like being squished through a funnel with a bunch of stores that are nothing like us. Problems that were fixed are now again, broken.

After selling here for 10 years and keeping a diary of all that has happened. Its something more than just a growing corporation.  Its very aggressive and unfriendly with its sellers. We feel like we have no control here over anything and are very unhappy when we are at the height of what weve created. Everything takes longer, everything costs more via some other lopsided perk were giving. We do have the merchandise however and they are not making anymore of it.

Message 33 of 271
latest reply

@Anonymous

"if you have a newly listed item it does not qualify for an event through Promotions Manager until it has been listed at the same price for 14 days."

Maybe 5 out of 200 items in my sale are less than 14 days old.

"For items that have been listed at the same price for 14 days and have already been a part of a sale, when one sale has ended and the items are still active, you are able to put them into another sale after a minimum of 1 day has passed. "

NOPE, CANNOT DO. Just created/copied/re-started a Sale from 2 days ago and ZERO ITEMS SHOWING, ALL ARE SKIPPED. WTH??? Is this now a Glitch?

Message 34 of 271
latest reply

Wow, I`m not sure who at E Bay thought this was a good idea, and the courtesy of a warning message of some type while attempting to start a sale really would have been appreciated! Like many of you my July 4th sale is now in the toilet. I realize certain rules are necessary to keep some sellers honest, but I don`t understand the need to control a seller`s actions to the degree it inhibits our ability to earn income and reduces E Bay`s income at the same time. If an item sits idle for 14 days and doesn`t move until a markdown can be started it doesn`t help a buyer, a seller, or E Bay! Why would E Bay assume they know better than we do on how a sale should be run in each of our industries? A blanket rule really doesn`t work for something like this, furthermore E Bay really should embrace the fact that they aren`t Amazon and promote the fact that they have millions of unique sellers and products that can`t be found anywhere else! I really hope E Bay will consider reversing this policy ASAP since the revision has hurt many of our bottom lines by severely limiting a very useful tool. I hope we have your attention trinton@ebay

Message 35 of 271
latest reply

trinton@ebay
This maybe part of the issue, but it certianly isn't the whole issue...like many others are saying, I put my entire store on sale..and not one item actually has been marked down, items that are older than 14 days, items that haven't been edited or relisted, items that haven't been on sale at all since last weekend are not being marked down. Can you provide an update as to what's going on? ...is this issue still being looked into/worked on?
Thank you.

Message 36 of 271
latest reply

trinton@ebay Whatever just did UNDO IT NOW. You're messing with the ability of people to make a living.
Seth S Wawak
Message 37 of 271
latest reply

I had sale ending last night, copied the sale this morning and when I checked later in the day, hardly any of my over 5000 items are on sale.  Didn't know that this change was taking place.  So I haven't revised any prices so does that mean I have to wait 1 day for a  new sale to start or 14 days?    I take it 14 days is just on newly listed items, but I do not see anything in the Ebay FAQ on this about the 1 day rule.   What is the reason for this implementation and why no good advanced warnings? 

Message 38 of 271
latest reply

This is insane. Keep this thread going until this update is reversed.
Message 39 of 271
latest reply

Same thing for me.  600+ have been up past 14 days.  Sale still reads 0.

Message 40 of 271
latest reply

Absolutely ridiculous, eBay.  We have over 21,000 listings on our store.  We used Markdown Manager for YEARS to assist in moving older listings/inventory that had not sold after more than a year on the site.  You took that away, and made us use the Selling Manager Pro version of Promotions Manager.  (The process here was NOT more simple than the Markdown Manager; it is much more cumbersome!)  NOW, after we've gotten used to that program, you make this random decision to force a 14 day waiting period inbetween sales.  NOT ONE ITEM THAT WE HAVE PUT INTO SALES HAS BEEN LISTED WITH EBAY FOR LESS THAN 12 MONTHS.  Yet, ALL of our items are skipped when we begin a new promotion.  Whoever tossed out the 1 Day tidbit ...  that does not work either.  We have been attempting to run a new promotion for 3 days, since the previous promotion ended.  The outcome is always the same:  all items skipped.

We are so tired of you deciding how we should run our businesses.  This decision is impacting the income of so many sellers!  Please fix this issue.  Return the promotions manager to its previous format.  Let us spend our time doing the things that pay our bills, instead of having to deal with stupid choices you make.

Message 41 of 271
latest reply

Does anyone know if the minimum price that we can sell an item for has changed? It used to be that after discounting through sale events, the item had to sell for at least 99 cents. Is that still true?  After reading through all of the posts in this thread, I went back to previous sale events and looked at them.  I had one event that offered a 10% discount on a few hundred items, but they all show "Skipped:  Price" by them.  Original price on these items was $1.95 and up, so I am not understanding the skip on price at a 10% discount.  What else has changed that I was unaware of????

Message 42 of 271
latest reply

And we all thought free returns was the worst... this takes the cake. Maybe the worst idea someone has ever come up with. 14 days? It just doesn't make any sense. Thanks eBay. 

Message 43 of 271
latest reply

Just tried it on  a category that I have not had on sale for at least and week and still did not work so I assume now that it has to be 14 days since your last sale or price change.  Why does a previous sale even count as a price change?   14 days is too long to wait for a new sale as we have bills to pay.   Might as well move a bunch of item to auction then.  

Message 44 of 271
latest reply

It is showing skipped price because if you ran a sale within the last 14 days the price was different and you have to wait 14 days at the same price level before starting a new sale.  So I assume if you had a sale that ended 7 days ago, you have to wait 7 more days for sale or if you had a sale that ended yesterday, you have to wait 14 days.  Although one Ebay rep said you only have to wait a day between sales, not sure if that is correct or not, will have to wait a day or two and try to start a new sale and see if it works.    My question is if an item was just on sale yesterday for like 40 percent off and now back to full price, why would buyers buy it now, they are going to wait for a new sale and now have to wait 14 days, great way to kill sales!!

Message 45 of 271
latest reply