cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers from sellers with ONLY an accept option. No decline available

I have received offers from seller this past week wherein the ONLY option available was ACCEPT.  There was no decline or counteroffer button available.  All those offers were for a full 48 hours duration and I could not get them off my summary page without buying or waiting 2 days for expiration.  My most recent buy was ACCEPTING the most recent one just to not have to view it in my summary.  Had previously asked seller on the 2 earlier offers to retract, which seller failed to do.  Looks like a problem with the make offers to buyers function or sellers should not be permitted to make a watcher an offer without the option to decine or the rules need tightened.  I now have a purchase enroute that I did not want to buy but did so to get rid of the clutter on my summary page since I was tired of seeing it.  Can ebay fix?

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Offers from sellers with ONLY an accept option. No decline available

So, you will just occasionally, but not as a "general rule", abuse a seller because of your perceived notion that "the seller" is responsible for what eBay does?   OK, good to know.

As others posted. Just ignore it, and it will soon go away😊 Just like me.

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

unfortunately, you cannot control what  the seller or eBay does or does not do.

What you CAN DO is ignore it or delete offers you are not interested in accepting.

Another way of not getting offers are not placing  watching items on your watch list if receiving offers  annoys you so much.

Happy New Year 

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

Thank you for your gracious input.  Delete is not possible for any offer until it has expired.  Decline was not included as an option.  Ignore was just no longer an option due to the seller's unresponsive stance.  All I have got here are replies bashing me for mentioning an Ebay deficiency and most are apparently from the cheerleaders. I give up on logic and reason ever having a beneficial effect on a forum!

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

Thank you for posting. You can go to this page and click edit next to buying activity and uncheck the box that says "Offers to buyers". Scroll down and hit the Save button.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 19 of 32
latest reply

Seem like a poor excuse to buy something, because you could not remove till the 48 hours was up. 48 hours up, click the box next to it and click delete. Most every buyer that is watching that listing get the same offer. If one buys it, it should just drop off. If you are not interested, scroll past it.

Offers being sent to all watchers from a seller may be different than, when you the buyer, makes an offer to the seller for something. In that case when you make an offer, then yes you or the seller has the option to cancel or ignore or buyer accept. Offers being sent to watchers, I have not seen that option, to delete till the 48 hours are up.

Message 20 of 32
latest reply

@transamcc wrote:

Thank you for your gracious input.  Delete is not possible for any offer until it has expired.  Decline was not included as an option.  Ignore was just no longer an option due to the seller's unresponsive stance.  All I have got here are replies bashing me for mentioning an Ebay deficiency and most are apparently from the cheerleaders. I give up on logic and reason ever having a beneficial effect on a forum!

The responses here are a result of your seeming refusal to accept the fact that the seller very possibly has no ability to do anything with respect to "retracting" a sent offer.

When I have used the "send offer" I do not have a choice of which buyer ID's that an offer is sent to.

All I see is that it is a listing that is possible to send offers.  eBay does not reveal the ID's of the potential buyers. I have no way to retract an offer to an ID that is not even shown to me.

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

Read the feedback left by the OP, all because they didn't want to just let the 48 hours pass! The offer was not directed at you the OP, it went out to the watchers. This reads like you are blaming eBay and the seller for something you bought. As said above, the seller has no control who the offer is sent to. Why, if the seller did not respond, would you buy something from them?

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

So, you will just occasionally, but not as a "general rule", abuse a seller because of your perceived notion that "the seller" is responsible for what eBay does?   OK, good to know.

The abuse (in this case) came in the form of a reply to the feedback that the seller left for @transamcc , 

But this buyer has had a lot of unhappy experiences! @transamcc , I think ebay isn't for you.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

@transamcc wrote:

You CAN delete the message and it'll go away. 

Go to this page to see the messages from ebay: https://mesg.ebay.com/mesgweb/ViewMessages/0/ebay

If you check the offers you want to delete then click "delete," they'll be gone and you won't stress yourself unnecessarily. 

The following are some of the offers I've received. Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 1.56.44 AM.png 

Then I clicked and deleted all those offers that I no longer want to see and they're gone! Easy peasy: 

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 1.59.23 AM.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

On the message page that works, but don't think that translates to the window that shows them on your watching page. Those stay till you remove them after the 48 hours are up. I have removed them from my message page but can still see them on the watch page. 

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

redmodelt,  You are 100% correct on that. Deleting them from the messages box does absolutely nothing to the offers on one's summary page!  Then on the summary page, DELETE is not possible for any active offer. Active is defined as any offer that has not been declined nor expired yet.  Thank you for your sensible reply to the previous post. Since there was no decline option provided , they could not be deleted until after 48 hours had passed.

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

The abuse (in this case) came in the form of a reply to the feedback that the seller left for @transamcc , 

But this buyer has had a lot of unhappy experiences! @transamcc , I think ebay isn't for you.

Yup, and my post also refers to the fact the the OP apparently plans to continue to do it.

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

flag us, bag us, tag us.   Those posting facts are....................      "cheerleaders".

logic, and reason are not applied by some posting their issues. In this case, blame/frustration/retaliation is misdirected at the sellers. Those not in agreement with punishing the sellers are eBay shills.

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

You do know that the seller is not to blame because there is not a "decline" button offered?  And I don't see a seller retracting an offer just to clean up your view, especially during a holiday time.  And that is NOT a valid reason to leave negative feedback.  I do send offers so I have done you the favor of adding you to my blocked bidders list so there is no possibility of me adding to your annoyance.   

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

Omigoodness, you are not kidding.  I checked it out for myself.  wow, just wow!

Message 30 of 32
latest reply