cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers from sellers with ONLY an accept option. No decline available

I have received offers from seller this past week wherein the ONLY option available was ACCEPT.  There was no decline or counteroffer button available.  All those offers were for a full 48 hours duration and I could not get them off my summary page without buying or waiting 2 days for expiration.  My most recent buy was ACCEPTING the most recent one just to not have to view it in my summary.  Had previously asked seller on the 2 earlier offers to retract, which seller failed to do.  Looks like a problem with the make offers to buyers function or sellers should not be permitted to make a watcher an offer without the option to decine or the rules need tightened.  I now have a purchase enroute that I did not want to buy but did so to get rid of the clutter on my summary page since I was tired of seeing it.  Can ebay fix?

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

@kims_finishing_touches wrote:

You do know that the seller is not to blame because there is not a "decline" button offered?  And I don't see a seller retracting an offer just to clean up your view, especially during a holiday time.  And that is NOT a valid reason to leave negative feedback.  I do send offers so I have done you the favor of adding you to my blocked bidders list so there is no possibility of me adding to your annoyance.   

Seems there was a post in the last month or so where it was questionable if the BBL was an effective tool when the buyer was sent an offer.

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Seems there was a post in the last month or so where it was questionable if the BBL was an effective tool when the buyer was sent an offer.

Yeah, kind of. There was a post on the shipping board this month from someone that was upset they received a seller initiated offer, but that seller had the buyer's country blocked. Tyler from eBay confirmed they shouldn't have received the offer and passed it on for review.

Message 32 of 32
latest reply