cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My shipping labels are printing the wrong way...horizontal instead of vertical......HOW DO I FIX IT?

My shipping labels suddenly have started printing in the wrong direction....THERE IS NO PLACE THAT I CAN FIND TO CORRECT THIS!  I don't have time to start trimming every label......it seems that every time an ebay executive comes up with a new idea to justify his or her salary......THE SELLERS SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!  Can anyone tell me how to fix this???

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: My shipping labels are printing the wrong way...horizontal instead of vertical......HOW DO I FIX

What happened?  Same wrong format or something else? 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 46 of 77
latest reply

Re: My shipping labels are printing the wrong way...horizontal instead of vertical......HOW DO I FIX

It printed in wrong format under bulk listing as well.

Message 47 of 77
latest reply

Thank you Joemess.   

Here's what I just did & it's how I'm going to do it b/c it's easier than anything else I've figured out.   Let me attach a pic below.   

100_4949.JPG

Yes, this is still wrong, but this is using just the defaults it wants to use, no changing anything.  Notice that the UPC fits on the first label fully.   Then you can just cut the label in 1/2 vertically.  It still involves a little cutting, but a WHOLE lot easier than printing it on regular paper & cutting & taping & all that **bleep**.   

Then you can just feed the other 1/2 into your printer for the next label.   This is a million times easier than anything else I've seen suggested here & none of the other suggestions or my own trials of other ways worked. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 48 of 77
latest reply

Rotate isn't working for me.

Message 49 of 77
latest reply

This work-around won't work for most people but I was downloading the pdfs and opening them in Adobe Illustrator (or any other program you might have that does vector art), rotating them 90 degrees and printing them out. 

Message 50 of 77
latest reply

Here is a work around that I found after a lot of struggling and "choice words" until they get this fixed:

1. From label screen, choose "Download Label"

2. Choose "Open with Adobe Reader"

3. Hit the Print Icon Button

4. From the Printer Pop-up, Select "Multiple" button, pages per sheet = 2, and page order = "vertical reversed"

(Orientation should be "portrait")

This has been working for me.  Make sure you close out the PDF window after printing so you don't get them mixed up and print the same label twice when shipping your next item.

Message 51 of 77
latest reply

Same problem for me. eBay changed something! What a crock. Now I have to copy the label into another program to rotate in order to properly print on my 2-up labels. TIME WASTER - FIX THIS EBAY!! 

Message 52 of 77
latest reply

Guys, look at my reply #48, way easier than going into Adobe & changing stuff. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 53 of 77
latest reply

PC printing is fine, the APP printing is screwed up.  This is the same problem that occurred last year, it took them about a month for them to fix.   Maybe if they get enough complaints they will fix it faster this time.   

Message 54 of 77
latest reply

PC printing is NOT fine.   

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 55 of 77
latest reply

Great news - on the PC, for 2-up 8 1/2 x 11 sheets, it is working correctly as of a minute ago, when I printed my first label of the day!  Yay!  

Wish it had worked right when I had 14 to print, yesterday! 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 56 of 77
latest reply

Printing from browser has given me issues in the past.  Whatever updates have been made it has affected our ability to print without resolving to printer troubleshooting. Hopefully this gets fix soon. 

Message 57 of 77
latest reply

I just wanted to update you guys that my printing is back to normal.  I'm not sure about everyone else as of right now but mine has been working fine again.  I did call them yesterday morning to try and get the issue fixed.   So if your printing is still messed up you might want to contact them so they can work on your account specifically. 

I used that little HELP question mark on the right side of the My ebay page and followed the links to have someone call me.

Message 58 of 77
latest reply

Label are looking good now. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions and help. 

Message 59 of 77
latest reply

Yes been going on since 3/13 here. Not only printing the wrong way but Giant size. And missing all sellers receipt copy of information. It's clearly an eBay problem.

Message 60 of 77
latest reply