cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings still active after they have been sold. And the Good til canceled is relisting sold items

Just noticed that the last 2 items I have sold are still active.  The last item was a best offer I accepted and the person paid for.  Ant the other was for an item that was a buy it now that sold last week and was automatically relisted.  😞

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Listings still active after they have been sold. And the Good til canceled is relisting sold it

@portobello_road. Do you have the out of stock feature on?  

My ebay.... account.... site preferences.... uncheck the use out of stock feature 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Listings still active after they have been sold. And the Good til canceled is relisting sold it

@portobello_road. Do you have the out of stock feature on?  

My ebay.... account.... site preferences.... uncheck the use out of stock feature 

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I only sell vintage 1 of items.  I use Auctiva to list and all the templates for info. have not changed.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I have never had this happen before until last week is this correct?  Thanks for the assist.out of stock.JPG

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@portobello_road I do not use Auctiva so I am not sure how their interface works in terms of accounting settings.  I do know however that the problem you are experiencing has happened to others who use the out of stock feature.

I can only suggest you check those settings ( maybe the ebay gremlins changed them)  and then if they are correct contact Auctiva about sold items relisting

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

What were the two items?

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I've seen this happen as a Buyer. I make a purchase, go back to the Search I found it in, and it's still out in the open (temporarily). When I click on the listing, it shows "You bought this".

I'm fairly certain only the buyer and seller can see the "relisting". I would suggest logging off so you're not connected to it, and then go back and see if it's still "listed".

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@replayaz wrote:

I've seen this happen as a Buyer. I make a purchase, go back to the Search I found it in, and it's still out in the open (temporarily). When I click on the listing, it shows "You bought this".

I'm fairly certain only the buyer and seller can see the "relisting". I would suggest logging off so you're not connected to it, and then go back and see if it's still "listed".

I agree with above. I have found eBay servers to sometimes be “out of synch” and what you think is still active, really is not. They ultimately synch and all is well. That’s why I asked what two listings because I wanted to see if they are still active for the OP. 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I use Auctiva also. You may have to update your ebay settings in your account.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I have noticed that almost all of my fixed price listings are going up as "Good until Cancelled" and I cannot change this unless I cancel the item thus losing the listing altogether. Is anyone else having this issue?

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

All fixed price listings are now 30 days GTC - see announcements and a lot of threads/posts about this over the last few months. You definitely want to read up on this !

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@portobello_road wrote:

Just noticed that the last 2 items I have sold are still active.  The last item was a best offer I accepted and the person paid for.  Ant the other was for an item that was a buy it now that sold last week and was automatically relisted.  😞

There are a lot of reports about this here on other threads. 

Many longtime Sellers say they are sure their listings were correct, items sold, then the listings appeared again.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I've been having the same problem for the last month or so -- sold single items reappear as listed. The fact that ebay does not automatically do the logical and obvious thing, and remove the listing when it's sold out is suspect, in my opinion.

That one has to go into preferences to fix this suggests that ebay is charging a relisting fee for sellers to whom it is obvious that a sold single item is not available for sale but they don't see what ebay is doing here. Presumably the seller is getting charged for the re-listing. If so, then this practice by ebay duplicitous, if not illegal. A single item sells but remains active is absolutely ridiculous, and ebay knows it.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I had an eBay item # 183713012020 with 4 items sell out on March 24, 2019.  I took inventory on May 5, 2019 and it was not listed.  My eBay account site preferences has out of stock unchecked.  On May 6, 2019 Good Til Cancelled (GTC) erroneously relisted eBay item # 183713012020 with 4 items to sell.  I only found this out today when 2 items sold.  eBay needs to fix this long-standing problem.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

This "accepted solution" did not fix the problem of GTC relisting my sold item, as I did not have out of stock checked and yet my sold item was relisted.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply