cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items for Sale showing no listings.

I am unable to see if any items are listed on my store.

When you go to a store and click "Items for sale" then it appears with nothing.

My store link:- https://www.ebay.com/usr/ecom39

Can you please tell or highlight why this is happening?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Only tips I have are deliver what you promise and when you promise it, don't ignore buyer issues or returns, and be very careful dropshipping. Dropshipping delays due to out of stock (OOS) or other non-delivery mistakes by your supplier are fatal - when you get a few OOS defects (2% or 4 buyers in a year) or Non-resolution defects (0.3% or 2 buyers in a year) on your account you may be below standard and restricted or totally out of business and finished on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/seller-levels-performance-stan...

If you deal with any problems and have reliable suppliers it can work.

I will note that some buyers are outraged at a supposed USA seller who makes it appear the items are located in the USA and then ships slow boat from China, and will leave negative feedback (which does not officially damage an account). Same issue may occur with item location in Germany, shipping from Taiwan or China. Something to be aware of.

In general, your items are visible in search to buyers in locations you ship to.

If I change my location to UK, Taiwan, Germany, Turkey, Greece, or Brazil, Bermuda, or Japan 16 items show up in search.
From my location in the US, or if I change to Canada, ZERO items are visible in search.

Viewers in locations you ship to will see the items that ship to those location in search. eBay search somehow thinks you don't ship to the US or Canada even though you have a generic international shipping option specified for those locations.

There have been some issues with visibility when generic shipping options like "other shipping" are used, and I suspect that is the problem. I'm guessing your items are listed on ebay.de since the EU type returns verbiage are there and prices are in euros. That may be part of the problem, but this stuff is not my forte.

This is somewhat similar to an issue sellers in Pakistan and other countries were having last year - sort of.

I tagged eBay Tyler, and will tag ebay again brian@ebay but don't expect any input from them until Monday during eBay business hours.

Meantime we will ask the International shipping wizard @pjcdn2005 for some input.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

26 items show up in your store but zero in search for me here in the USA.

If I change my location to Taiwan, all 26 items show up in search.

You are in Germany and dropshipping from China/Taiwan using generic shipping options in the listings.

I think that is the problem - eBay search isn't recognizing those generic options, determines those items don't ship to the viewers location, and doesn't show them in search.

However, I don't know what other choice you have for shipping options in the listings, or what can be done.

Let's ask. tyler@ebay
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

thankyou..i have just started dont know if i can make a living out of this but i'll try.
do you have any tips for new sellors and how can i be visible to all because my shipping is worldwide?
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Only tips I have are deliver what you promise and when you promise it, don't ignore buyer issues or returns, and be very careful dropshipping. Dropshipping delays due to out of stock (OOS) or other non-delivery mistakes by your supplier are fatal - when you get a few OOS defects (2% or 4 buyers in a year) or Non-resolution defects (0.3% or 2 buyers in a year) on your account you may be below standard and restricted or totally out of business and finished on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/seller-levels-performance-stan...

If you deal with any problems and have reliable suppliers it can work.

I will note that some buyers are outraged at a supposed USA seller who makes it appear the items are located in the USA and then ships slow boat from China, and will leave negative feedback (which does not officially damage an account). Same issue may occur with item location in Germany, shipping from Taiwan or China. Something to be aware of.

In general, your items are visible in search to buyers in locations you ship to.

If I change my location to UK, Taiwan, Germany, Turkey, Greece, or Brazil, Bermuda, or Japan 16 items show up in search.
From my location in the US, or if I change to Canada, ZERO items are visible in search.

Viewers in locations you ship to will see the items that ship to those location in search. eBay search somehow thinks you don't ship to the US or Canada even though you have a generic international shipping option specified for those locations.

There have been some issues with visibility when generic shipping options like "other shipping" are used, and I suspect that is the problem. I'm guessing your items are listed on ebay.de since the EU type returns verbiage are there and prices are in euros. That may be part of the problem, but this stuff is not my forte.

This is somewhat similar to an issue sellers in Pakistan and other countries were having last year - sort of.

I tagged eBay Tyler, and will tag ebay again brian@ebay but don't expect any input from them until Monday during eBay business hours.

Meantime we will ask the International shipping wizard @pjcdn2005 for some input.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Thankyou for taking the time and write it all.I really appreciate it.
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

@ecom39 

I do see your listings on the ebay.de site which I believe is where you listed them so there isn't a problem there. Your listings should always be seen on the site that you list on but there is no guarantee that they will be seen when searching here on ebay. com or on other ebay sites even if you have international shipping set up.

But even though your items may not be seen when doing a search here, anyone in a country that you ship to should  be able to see your listings on this site when clicking on see other other listings.  Your listings aren't visible when I look at them as if I was in the US, Canada, Germany, UK and number of other countries which isn't how it is supposed to work.  They are visible to some countries but I I think that there is a problem with something in the ebay programming which is why you can't see them when you click on see other items.  Berserkerplanet has asked one of the ebay reps to ask about the problem so maybe they will be able to help. I know someone else had a similar problem recently so they may already be aware that there is a problem.

As beserkerplanet mentioned, on ebay. com,  the item location must show where the item is being shipped from,  NOT where you live  so if your items are being shipped from China and not Germany, you should have China as the item location. I don't know if the .de site differs but I suspect that they have the same rule.

I hope that you do well but you will find that you have a lot of competition for the type of product that you sell.  For example, when I search for an iphone glass screen protector in all categories on this site, 300,000 listings come up and many of them are for under $1.  Also, since you don't have control of the product  and of when or if it is shipped, that can cause a lot of problems as you are responsible for refunding if the buyer doesn't get the product or is unhappy with it.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@berserkerplanet 

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I wish I could help but I think that it is another glitch. There seems to be a ton of them affecting international sellers that list here and on other sites.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

You have the best grasp (and ability to explain) on these issues of anyone I can think of around here grin

(these convoluted international shipping scenarios can't be tested, and make my brain hurt)

Interesting that you say "Your listings aren't visible when I look at them as if I was in the US, Canada, Germany, UK and number of other countries", but I see them in Germany, UK, and other countries I checked , but only not US or Canada.
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Check your site preferences towards the bottom there is a list of ebay sites you want your listings to be visible on. I f I go to your profile I can see you have 16 items and I can pull up the items that show bellow your profile info. However if I try to view your items there is nothing. Also from your feedback score of zero you have not proven you are a trusted seller and ebay may be limiting the number of sites the items can be seen on and only using your current location.aa preff.png

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Did you try changing location to somewhere other than the US or Canada?

Op's items are visible in the half dozen locations I checked, and appears to be able to sell to anywhere once you look at a listing shipping & payments tab. No exclusions are evident.

Don't know about the "List on these worldwide eBay sites" thing though. Maybe that's it, and shipping to locations doesn't override not listing on that location's site?

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

I double checked and I definitely don’t see the op’s listings when I use a Uk or Germany location.  The op can’t see their own listings and I assume that their location is set to Germany so you might be the only one who can see them.

I don’t think that any of the problems that various sellers have had are related to the generic shipping options being used as I’ve never seen that to be a factor when it comes to visibility.  But then eBay often surprises me with its inconsistency so I coukd be wrong.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@ecom39 wrote:

I am unable to see if any items are listed on my store.

When you go to a store and click "Items for sale" then it appears with nothing.

My store link:- https://www.ebay.com/usr/ecom39

Can you please tell or highlight why this is happening?

Hi @ecom39 I've looked at your listings and don't see a reason why they shouldn't appear on the .com site. I'll get this reported so the techs can review it. Thanks for the tag, @berserkerplanet !

Brian,
Community Team
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

I am having a similar issue - that my items do not show in my see other seller's items or when clicking on my seller name... but I can't find this site preference option to check where listings are shown.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

I am having the same problem. My items are not showing - I just listed two items yesterday.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/thepurplekattery

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Here is the link to the post I put up today about this same problem.

When I click on see other seller's items - shows nothing

When I click on my seller name - shows nothing.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/My-Items-for-Sale-show-zero-I-have-two-right-...

My seller store : https://www.ebay.com/usr/thepurplekattery

Here is a link to one of my items up for sale: https://www.ebay.com/itm/123809787944?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Message 15 of 23
latest reply