cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers Can't Purchase My Items - Item does not ship to Error Message

I was just curious is anybody else is having this issue?

Starting a couple hours ago, when a buyer tries to purchase my item, they are receiving a message stating:  "This item does not ship to State Name"

I have had a few potential buyers already reach out and say they are unable to purchase from me because of this issue.  I called eBay to see if they can help and they said they are experiencing a "sitewide issue" only affecting some seller accounts.

I, of course, made sure I had no shipping exclusions on my account.  I do not and this was also confirmed by eBay that I do not.  It's very frustrating as this "sitewide issue" has already cost me over $100+ in revenue (that I'm aware of just from buyers messaging me)....and the eBay customer service rep told me it could take up to 72 hours to fix this issue.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

thanks for posting this I couldnt find it before

Everyone - I spent quite a lot of time on the phone with Ebay - Rep already had 4 reports within the last now 4 hours, but many hadnt figured out the nuances. On my end the problem specifically stems from the sm flat rate shipping box - that is the culprit - I tried changing the weight & dimensions of box to no avail, taking on and off or tweeking. If you switch listing to regular priority there is no longer a zip code block.  If you try to use the shipping calculator link within the listing the sm flat rate option is missing though not missing from the choices in the pull down window- I told him that if there is some magic dimension or trick Ebay is expecting us to use to make this work right and for the label system they owe us an  announcement & explanation SOMEWHERE !

So, until the glitch is resolved, I am forced to switch all those listings just to have my items buyable and offering to refund any difference on the ship price once the system is corrected. As I said to the rep increasing the shipping cost changes the search standing,  definitely impacts salability which is very upsetting and unacceptable - I demanded someone email me back to alert it being fixed - he had asked me to call back to check but I said that is NOT my job but Ebay's to notify me as  I will then have to redo all my listing back again.

Earlier changes to label tool regarding  the flat rate boxes & dimensions are causing issues & confusion  so I find  this very coincidental. Praying for deliverance from the bug as for many of us that is a preferred box of choice for small items esp of weight and a fair price for clients . None of us can afford to lose sales esp on a Sunday night !!!!!!

An announcement should be posted for buyers too as how are they supposed to know what is going on since the error message doesnt really match the issue !! We are already suffering with no compensation - this takes the cake ! 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

I’ve tried buying items on eBay and it’s telling me that same thing ...plus it won’t even let me pay my invoice balance and that’s been going on for a week , so frustrating 

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

I can't pay for anything using paypal. its been over a week, and 10+ phone calls.... 

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

@jeans-pants-shorts wrote:

I was just curious is anybody else is having this issue?

Starting a couple hours ago, when a buyer tries to purchase my item, they are receiving a message stating:  "This item does not ship to State Name"

I have had a few potential buyers already reach out and say they are unable to purchase from me because of this issue.  I called eBay to see if they can help and they said they are experiencing a "sitewide issue" only affecting some seller accounts.

I, of course, made sure I had no shipping exclusions on my account.  I do not and this was also confirmed by eBay that I do not.  It's very frustrating as this "sitewide issue" has already cost me over $100+ in revenue (that I'm aware of just from buyers messaging me)....and the eBay customer service rep told me it could take up to 72 hours to fix this issue.

Sorry this has happened to you.  eBay should compensate you for the lost sales.

After 9 years and over a thousand items purchased, I stopped buying here in early 2019, due to the many, many technical issues and poor Customer Support. 

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Update - It's now been several hours and still the same issue. I have received more messaged from buyers stating they cannot purchase from me. Unfortunately, I have to tell them it could take 3 days before this problem is fixed. eBay has credited me my June store subscription fee of $59, which I appreciate, but it doesn't come close to the amount of revenue I've lost today. The CSR I spoke to could offer no more help, whether it be monetary help or technical help.
Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Yes! I am too! I've had 2 buyers message me today about shipping. Sigh...2 sales at least have been lost that I know of.

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

thanks for posting this I couldnt find it before

Everyone - I spent quite a lot of time on the phone with Ebay - Rep already had 4 reports within the last now 4 hours, but many hadnt figured out the nuances. On my end the problem specifically stems from the sm flat rate shipping box - that is the culprit - I tried changing the weight & dimensions of box to no avail, taking on and off or tweeking. If you switch listing to regular priority there is no longer a zip code block.  If you try to use the shipping calculator link within the listing the sm flat rate option is missing though not missing from the choices in the pull down window- I told him that if there is some magic dimension or trick Ebay is expecting us to use to make this work right and for the label system they owe us an  announcement & explanation SOMEWHERE !

So, until the glitch is resolved, I am forced to switch all those listings just to have my items buyable and offering to refund any difference on the ship price once the system is corrected. As I said to the rep increasing the shipping cost changes the search standing,  definitely impacts salability which is very upsetting and unacceptable - I demanded someone email me back to alert it being fixed - he had asked me to call back to check but I said that is NOT my job but Ebay's to notify me as  I will then have to redo all my listing back again.

Earlier changes to label tool regarding  the flat rate boxes & dimensions are causing issues & confusion  so I find  this very coincidental. Praying for deliverance from the bug as for many of us that is a preferred box of choice for small items esp of weight and a fair price for clients . None of us can afford to lose sales esp on a Sunday night !!!!!!

An announcement should be posted for buyers too as how are they supposed to know what is going on since the error message doesnt really match the issue !! We are already suffering with no compensation - this takes the cake ! 

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Thanks for the update. I use padded flat rate envelopes for 95% of my listing so this must be the culprit. Thanks for the insight, I learned much more in your post than I did with two, one hour long phone calls with eBay.
Message 8 of 33
latest reply

Yes eBay appears to be DOWN, can't print any labels this started last night late with me not being able to purchase an item, all day its been off and pay pal sucks as well
Message 9 of 33
latest reply

see if this at all relates to flat rate boxes selected - just a hunch
Message 10 of 33
latest reply

This is a really bad glitch, and it's still happening, so I wish this thread wasn't marked as solved.

I can confirm as another user mentioned that is indeed affecting ALL usps flat rate shipping settings, which is like, more than half my store! After messing with this all last night trying to figure out how to make my items sellable again, I discovered that putting in either a really small dimensional size in the shipping settings works, or leaving the package size blank all together. For example, all of my Priority Flat Rate Padded Envelope items were set at 13x10x2 - this has always worked and not been a problem. Now, unless that size is set to 9x9x2 or below, or left blank, the glitch shows up. Same goes for all the flat rate boxes (for Medium Flat Rate I had to go as low as 8x8x2 before it would work). This morning is when I discovered that just taking out the size works as well. I've made those changes for now as an easy fix, but this "fix" itself is also a problem - since we've been told all items need to have the correct size entered to account for the new dimensional shipping, plus, since I also ship international both directly and through GSP, if the correct dimensions aren't there, an international buyer could be over or under charged for shipping.

I have sent a message to eBay for Business on Facebook who are usually quite helpful, and have also shown them this thread so they will know that I'm not the only one experiencing this. I really hope eBay deals with this quickly, it's not small issue considering more than half my inventory could literally not be purchased for the entire weekend... who knows how much money I (we) have all lost due to this.

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Hi like our friend said - are you able to unmark my comment as a solution? that way we can get ebay to still work on this as my comment was just a work around not a real solution  m thx E

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

thanks for your determination - just found your post tonight - no word back  from Ebay - tried more revisions

So each box size may have a different max size /weight to replace until they get this fixed

ie your formula didnt work for small flat rate - which I am documenting again here for ebay 

when I took off the dimensions didnt work,  when I cut the wt in half it replaced it auto matically back to

1 lb - the only way I can get it to work which I didnt put in it kind of did it itself is to make it 2 x 1 x 2 and 8 oz

then if you sell it and get into the shipping label it should correct itself when you check the small flat rate

which i finally got to populate today by having NO dimension in the shipping label - go figure - messed up

but at least we have found a work around though not pretty

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

I called Ebay yet again late tonight - big mistake - selling rep never heard of issue - supervisor in Ppines too busy supposed to call me back - I stayed up very late- has not - I am pretty disappointed in Ebay right now - they have had 2 days to address a very major issue impacting countless sellers & buyers - i have changed most of my listings just to try and get them visable . hard to believe this could happen.
Message 14 of 33
latest reply

It happens to me every time shipping rates change on eBay & I have to change all listings to flat rate shipping or redo the listing / create new to replace existing ones.
The latest experience : "shipping rates can not be calculated" for all of my listings, small flat rate box does not show as an option, when I have to print shipping label for the item that was sold and buyer paid for shipping in the small flat rate priority box????!!!
Message 15 of 33
latest reply