cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Specific Size Bug - Filled out correctly but keep getting

This happened in the last hour. I was updating my listing's SKU with no issues until I started getting the error message that "The item specific Size is missing. Add Size to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again." 

I tried to update an old listing with the new size but I still get the error message. I've also tried creating a new listing and after filling all the required items I still get the same error message. 

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: Item Specific Size Bug - Filled out correctly but keep getting

Anxiously awaiting the answer to this!  What a waste of time to duplicate work that was already done!  ALL my over 2500 listings already have the size and lots of other item specifics!  Please don't make us have to edit EVERY one!

Message 46 of 65
latest reply

I also have had categories of some clothing changed. My polo shirts are all now listed as casual button down shirts. Really nice to add all this work for those of us with a ton of listings. So instead of adding listings, I am fixing existing listings.
Message 47 of 65
latest reply

@suncoast-resellers 

I agree with your final thoughts.  Like you said we are all spending time fixing this mess and not able to focus on adding new items.  

Message 48 of 65
latest reply

It shows this has been resolved but mine are still showing missing sizes. Please tell me I DO NOT have to go into 2500 listings and add the size in another location of the listing even though it is already on the listing? I hope you fix this ASAP my sales are down, I cannot bulk revise any listings and even did a search and couldn't find some of the listings that were having issues when I searched ebay as if my listings weren't even showing up. I am confused on what is going on. 

Message 49 of 65
latest reply

They may not fix this at all....they might just expect sellers to conform to the new redundant format where the item specific "size" is in two places in the listings.  So we are going to be spending all of our time editing listings, one by one instead of listing new items!  So sales will suffer.  

What I really do not understand is why doesn't the software developers TEST changes before making them go live?  The item specifics that were ALREADY ON the listing should just populate the new format.  Why was that not done?  No thought was given to this change it seems!

Message 50 of 65
latest reply

brian@ebay

I still have both issues this morning. 

1) Size Box Still Blank under "Required", while it is filled out under "Additional".

2) Listings I have fixed (not that many because I am so confused), are now showing as missing "suggested details" on My eBay active.

Any solutions, especially to the first concern?  

Message 51 of 65
latest reply

Still having a problem here, too. I was finally able to revise several clothing listings this morning without getting a "size missing" error message (repeatedly -- even after trying to re-add the size over and over), but I still can't search based on size.

Message 52 of 65
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

Hi everyone! I'm hearing that the issues with Item Specifics should be resolved now. If anyone is still running into problems then please let me know Smiley Happy

Not quite sure all of our problems have been resolved.........  i.e. the missing size in required IS.......ARE we going to have to fill this out, even tho the filled in size  IS available in the "additional" section?

I may be wrong, but it looks like the problem may have been solved by removing the size filter........  at least it isn't there in this search:

Woolrich Shirt Mens

I can't believe that that filter is going to be removed for long.......it must be the most used one......

Really need some direction in this, Brian.....otherwise some people are going to start trying to fill out  the redundant size field.  Should that be done? 

Message 53 of 65
latest reply

You still can't search clothing by size. I have saved searches with sizes but the searches are returning all items. Very frustrating.
Message 54 of 65
latest reply

i am getting thsi message too when I do bulk edits, I am so sick of all the glitches. shipping labels print GIANT taking 2 pages have to futz and waste time each resetting size for postage label wasting my expensive labels when I forget that NOTHING is working on this site anymore. so sick of it. 

Message 55 of 65
latest reply

Brian, whiel you are at it can you fix the shipping label so that it stops defaulting to a 2 page label. -- so frustrated

Message 56 of 65
latest reply

when revising I still see my size box with size in it and then if I go down further and check Regular under another sizing box I am able to complete listing. It sounds like some sellers doe not have any size boxes 

Message 57 of 65
latest reply

The dozens of additional item specifics are now causing six bit templates to load and save very slowly. This is happening on all five of our computers. Anyone else having issues due to the new item specifics creating listings, any work around?
Message 58 of 65
latest reply

Same.. eBay needs to address this bug ASAP. Seems to be affecting both sellers and buyers.

Message 59 of 65
latest reply

This is indeed impacting buyers; I have many saved searches that use size as a filter in the men's jacket category. For the past few days, my daily email notifications contain ALL jackets, not just the ones in my specified sizes.

Even outside of saved searches, I can't filter based on size (S, M, L, etc.) -- but the other attributes, such as color and fit, still work as filters.

Message 60 of 65
latest reply