cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Fill ITEM DETAILS make no sense - Driving me nuts

So I list a women's top that is Orange and Gold and whatever and Ebays Auto fill in turns GOLD (which is a color -- not yellow but deeper -- color is GOLD and I want to say gold) BUT Ebay turns that into METAL.  Then under Theme it fills in METAL -- as in "heavy Metal???"  So my top for a middle aged woman will be listed so a heavy metal person will find it ???  Also fills in "Metallic" as another incorrect auto fill in details.

I HAVE SENSE enough to correctly fill in pertinent details myself.  

Plus if I try to X out the incorrect fill ins it won't let me !

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Even before the changes, the auto fill items drove me nuts too.  Like if the brand is Old Navy, it auto filled the color blue...BTW does ANYONE know what an abaya dress is (rhetorical question...just one of the "suggested" dress types that always comes up...like cheongsung...looks like they finally changed those)?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The auto filling out of item specifics based on the tittle can get annoying. As I sell model train items I noticed a few weeks ago when I wrote a tittle for a freight car that had wooden in the tittle because in real life the freight car would be made from wood. The system tried to say the material the car I had was made from wood when it was plastic. Considering the the majority of model train cars are made from plastic yet still can have the word wood in their tittle as the manufactures use that word not to convey the material the car is made from but the style of car being sold. That is something a seller should fill out as any attempt by ebays computer to auto fill this item specific out just wastes time and runs the risk of a buyer misunderstanding what they are actually buying but drop shippers listing new items from distributors will have to do less work to reach into buyers pockets for a cut of the sale of items they do not actually have and done nothing to process the sale.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Just relisted a dress I had for sale. There are 25 item specific fields to check if they were auto filled correctly or to fill out myself. 25 !! This takes considerably more time. Everything was correctly filled out by me when listed, now it is like having to do all of the original work again and then some. 

Why this change?? Several fields that need to be filled out are listed 3 times creating more work which doesn't help anyone. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)
Hi everyone! Join us here at 3 pm PT today where we will be joined by Ron from the Structured Data team to give us an update on the ongoing Seller Hub and Item Specifics issue. Ron will let us know the current status as well as address your questions. Please know that because this is a developing situation we may not have exact answers but it’s important we get your input and update you with all necessary information.
Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply