cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Specific Size Bug - Filled out correctly but keep getting

This happened in the last hour. I was updating my listing's SKU with no issues until I started getting the error message that "The item specific Size is missing. Add Size to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again." 

I tried to update an old listing with the new size but I still get the error message. I've also tried creating a new listing and after filling all the required items I still get the same error message. 

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

@325ibmwalex wrote:
Yes understand category changes, BUT all of the sizing specifics that were originally in the listing have fallen off, even when the category was not effected. Should NOT have happened.

Every clothing category is affected by the changes being made today. From what I can see, they are still in the process of making the changes. The old category is still active but the item specifics have started to change. Look for the category to change next.

The size is still in the active listing- it only disappears when you go to edit the listing. You will need to re-select the size and also add in the Department with the way it currently stands. However- I would hold off on making any of these changes until they officially move everything to the new categories and the old categories are no longer available because the item specifics can change even more in that time.

In the meantime everyone who doesn't have a backup of their item specifics can use this tool to download them: https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/ItemSpecificScanner.htm

Message 16 of 65
latest reply

Same issue, as of today at 6:55am PST: Just trying to update quantity of a variation in a listing. The listing already has a "US Shoe Size (Men's)" size as a variation, so obviously entering a single size on the main details is not desired.

The main listing details page now requires a literal "Size" specific , even though this was not required in the main item specifics previously and would, in fact, previously actually cause an error if "Size" were attempted to be specified as a variation as well as main item specific.

Now, the same kind of error is occurring no matter what is entered into the "Size" field in the main item specifics. Even using the "frequently used" sizes that are suggested beneath the "Size"  field cause the error.

Bottom Line: the form rejects anything entered into the now required "Size" field, the requisite for "Size" when variations are present is restrictive when listing variable sizes of an item, the listing cannot be saved and therefore cannot be updated.

This is a business-stopping error.

Message 17 of 65
latest reply

Thank you....I was just getting ready to see if anyone had notified Ebay for business, etc. on Facebook. I am going to do the same. What a mess!!
Message 18 of 65
latest reply

Wait they expect sellers to wait days for a response to a breaking issue like this where you can't list. Wow, that is amazing to me. Hopefully, they get back to you sooner than that. This is a big issue for us clothing sellers. Crazy to me that it would take that long to escalate the issue.
Message 19 of 65
latest reply

Same problem here, but I was editing all my listings in bulk to make sure the location zip code was correct since I recently moved. "Item specific Size is missing." No. It wouldn't let me list if one of the * fields was missing- especially size! I looked and I have Size (women's) filled in but not just Size. Hmm. This is some kind of weird tech issue. And for shoes it said I need heel height. That was not a required * field when listing.
Message 20 of 65
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone, today we've received reports of:

1) error messages when revising or creating listings in the Clothing, Shoes and Accessories categories, and

2) sales data missing from the bar chart in Seller Hub.

I want to assure everyone that we are aware and are working on fixing both issues as a priority. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 21 of 65
latest reply

Getting the same issues, Everything filled out correctly when trying to list my pair of shoes and yet it says I don’t have a specific size entered. Anyone with this issue, call ebay and press them, this needs fixed asap.

Message 22 of 65
latest reply

Community Team brian.t@ebay also be aware when going in to search items in Womens Clothing there are NO sizes to search. Huge issue.
Message 23 of 65
latest reply

I wonder how many sales depend on the size  item specific being available for the buyer to click on??  Because it's not there anymore!

Message 24 of 65
latest reply

I'm getting the same error message.  I've tried creating a new listing and still getting the same error.

Message 25 of 65
latest reply

I've found that if you right click your listing and hit "open link in new tab". and then click Revise your item, then you can put the size with no error message!

Message 26 of 65
latest reply

brian.t@ebay

I noticed this morning under "Required" heading , "SIZE" is empty if I go to revise any of my clothing listings.  Further down under another heading "size" is there, but I have to put in SIZE under "Required" to proceed.   I fixed a few, but I have a good deal of listings.  Is this going to be fixed or am I going to have to go into my 2,000 plus listings and fix this problem for each listing?  I don't understand why this happened?  I already placed size on each of these items when I listed them.  Now see it moved and requiring me to put it in again.  I am so confused.

Message 27 of 65
latest reply

Yeah I am super confused too....why have the size in TWO places on the listing?  It's just redundant and stupid.  So eBay wants us to revise thousands of listings to put the size in TWO places?  Are my currently listed items even being seen without this redundant change?  

Message 28 of 65
latest reply

This works!
Message 29 of 65
latest reply

Called and talked to eBay rep about two hours ago (11:30 CST) who says that yes, there are markdown manager sales issues and item specifics issues that have been happening for the last 24 hours. She told me they are aware and are working on these issues but can not give a time as to when they think they will have these issues solved. Was hoping sooner than later! Looking like later!! Tried to list and was frustrated by system. Tried to edit prices/sale (that is only working on 13 of my 1200 items) to no avail. Looks like a photo taking day.
Message 30 of 65
latest reply