cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I contact a Blue about an ongoing Technical Issue on my Selling Account

Hello, back in the day - you could contact a moderator in these threads.  I'm wondering how to do it now.

I have posted on the Technical Issues sub and I have been contacting Ebay for Biz for the past 1-1/2 months about my issue to no avail.  My issue is that I have 8400 listings with the same shipping policy that has no exclusions.

no exclusions.png

And yet, when a customer with a PO Box tries to make a purchase they cannot.  I have even tested this with my other account.

error message.png

Ebay for biz tells me they've opened a ticket but will not provide a ticket #.  Each time I contact them I'm instructed to check in in a few days.  I first reported this on 7-31-23.  I checked back with them 3x in august, each time they told me they're working on it.  In late August they informed me that the ticket had been closed and the issue had been resolved.  Midway through September, the issue still continues.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @wheredidiputthatremote . We discussed this on your other thread here about how I suspect this is an account level setting that can no longer be accessed because eBay changed things about a year and a half ago and removed that account level access from biz policy users.

Have you tried checking off everything as an exclusion, saving the policy. Then go back to the policy and uncheck everything and save again. Essentially turn it off and on again at the policy level to see if it will overwrite any lingering account-level setting?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 14 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

All I can tell you, to verify it from a buyer's view, is that this is what I see about shipping on every item of yours that I looked at, and "P.O. Box" leads the list of exclusions:

Screenshot from 2023-09-18 15-05-42.png

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Good catch!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

All I can tell you, to verify it from a buyer's view, is that this is what I see about shipping on every item of yours that I looked at, and "P.O. Box" leads the list of exclusions:

Screenshot from 2023-09-18 15-05-42.png

Which is crazy, because there are no exclusions within that shipping policy.  I also checked the account side and there isn't even an option in there for exclusions anymore.  I even just now created a new shipping policy and after publishing it looked and it shows the same exclusions of your screen capture.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Good catch!

still unresolved.  read my reply

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

account side.jpgno exclusions.png

See my account side and shipping policy settings

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

don't know how/why you aren't seeing  it..........but there is still an exclusion for PO Boxes.....  if you click on the excluded box at the bottom of this on the listing form:

dhbookds_1-1695065909289.png

PO Box is at the bottom of the popup....

dhbookds_0-1695065824496.png

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Yep.  All I can tell you is that, as a buyer, when I click on "See Details" (screenshot below) that is what I see (screenshot above).

Screenshot from 2023-09-18 15-39-23.png

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

There was two places to set exclusions.  #1 in the selling acount preferences.  For whatever reasons, I cannot edit any of that anymore:

account side.jpg

if i select the edit link on the set shipping exclusions, this is what it brings me to:

wheredidiputthatremote_0-1695066511496.png

For the past year, I have only been able to set it up on the shipping policy side

no exclusions.png

I've been a premium store subscriber for umpteen years.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Totally understood.  My point is there are no exclusions on either my account side nor the shipping policy and yet it appears so in the main listing.  

I've posted this in the technical issues page and gotten a little feedback: create a new shipping policy with no exclusions and test it - which i did today, but in the live listing I'm seeing what you're seeing.

Ebay for biz on facebook (although they are great!) have been giving me the run around about this issue for 1-1/2 months.

How do I ask for help from a blue like in the old days? @triton @etc

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

I would create a new policy that excludes them. Delete the original policy and then switch them to the new policy that has no exclusions.

I've had business policies glitch out and this is how I always fix them.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

I would create a new policy that excludes them. Delete the original policy and then switch them to the new policy that has no exclusions.

I've had business policies glitch out and this is how I always fix them.

Tried that. See my responses above. Thank you though.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

alexis@shipping @alexis @shipping can you please help me out so that my account can do more business by errouneously having a ton of shipping restrictions?

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Hey @wheredidiputthatremote . We discussed this on your other thread here about how I suspect this is an account level setting that can no longer be accessed because eBay changed things about a year and a half ago and removed that account level access from biz policy users.

Have you tried checking off everything as an exclusion, saving the policy. Then go back to the policy and uncheck everything and save again. Essentially turn it off and on again at the policy level to see if it will overwrite any lingering account-level setting?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

i have not.  i'll be right back, going to try that

Message 15 of 24
latest reply