cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Summer 2018 view counter not working - views not showing - dashes instead

For about 2 days in a row now, there has been this intermittent problem on Ebay under active listings. It seems to depend on the time of day. The view counter is not showing view numbers on most listings. Instead it shows dashes. Before this problem, there was also another intermittent problem where the view count would show up as zeros instead of dashes. Something is definitely wrong with the view counter and I ask eBay to please fix it since this is a very annoying issue. It is impossible to tell how a listing is doing without the view count. Please respond if you are also experiencing the same problem. 

Message 1 of 192
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay Summer 2018 view counter not working - views not showing - dashes instead

1) If you are on the SellerHub, go to the Performance Area for info about your listings - https://www.ebay.com/sh/prf

2) If you do not use the SellerHub...From Trinton @ eBay, "As for the view count issue that some are running into, we are currently reviewing this for a fix. While the view count is not displaying correctly, the information is being recorded properly on the backend and is still being fed into our calculations for your traffic metrics (ie. the sales conversion rate)."

3) In any case, look for the following, on most eBay pages...

tellus.PNG
Click the bottom icon, and Tell eBay what you think. We are told eBay associates actually read these comments.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 19 of 192
latest reply
191 REPLIES 191

Re: Ebay Summer 2018 view counter not working - views not showing - dashes instead

@befreetech wrote:

For about 2 days in a row now, there has been this intermittent problem on Ebay under active listings. It seems to depend on the time of day. The view counter is not showing view numbers on most listings. Instead it shows dashes. Before this problem, there was also another intermittent problem where the view count would show up as zeros instead of dashes. Something is definitely wrong with the view counter and I ask eBay to please fix it since this is a very annoying issue. It is impossible to tell how a listing is doing without the view count. Please respond if you are also experiencing the same problem. 

Sometimes this happens with me, but when I refresh the page, it number count comes back. 

Message 2 of 192
latest reply

same thing last 3 days!!!
Message 3 of 192
latest reply

I have tried refreshing the page multiple times and it never fixes it for me. I've also tried different browsers... Nothing works.... EBAY PLEASE FIX!

Message 4 of 192
latest reply

Yes, i too have had this for about 4-5 days now. Ebay please fix!!!
Message 5 of 192
latest reply

I'm having the same problem.  

Message 6 of 192
latest reply

We've all been writing about this for a week - still not fixed

There are other important posts about other visibility/ standings site issues as well

best to always check to see if someone else has already started a thread by putting your query into the search box - hang in there - its a very bumpy ride !

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Ebay-site-does-not-show-the-number-of-views-on-my-lis...

Message 7 of 192
latest reply

EBay is aware of this glitch and "working on it". They consider this a lower priority of the many glitches plaguing the site, so they haven't determined a fix date yet.

Message 8 of 192
latest reply

Message 9 of 192
latest reply

Need the views to see how your items are selling. What is going on? It has been a few days, and on Ebays technical site , they claim everything is working good

Message 10 of 192
latest reply

Hi Mecheng,

Thanks for your post. How do you know that Ebay is aware of this technical glitch? Have you spoken with them? It would be good if they can move this problem up in priority since this is really affecting how sellers judge the success of their listings and what to do to create more sales...

Message 11 of 192
latest reply

Same here too, for a few days now it has been doing it off and on!

Message 12 of 192
latest reply

Sam said issue here all week.  I sometimes see watchers and no views on same item.   How can this be taking so long to fix?

Message 13 of 192
latest reply

Me too for about a week now. Very, very annoying. I almost want to take my listings down since I am unable to see how they’re being received, and unsure whether or not they’re getting proper exposure. This needs fixed in order to maintain any confidence from the selling community.

Message 14 of 192
latest reply

Yup. I have been having that problem on and off for about a week.

Message 15 of 192
latest reply