cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Summer 2018 view counter not working - views not showing - dashes instead

For about 2 days in a row now, there has been this intermittent problem on Ebay under active listings. It seems to depend on the time of day. The view counter is not showing view numbers on most listings. Instead it shows dashes. Before this problem, there was also another intermittent problem where the view count would show up as zeros instead of dashes. Something is definitely wrong with the view counter and I ask eBay to please fix it since this is a very annoying issue. It is impossible to tell how a listing is doing without the view count. Please respond if you are also experiencing the same problem. 

Message 1 of 192
latest reply
191 REPLIES 191

Re: Ebay Summer 2018 view counter not working - views not showing - dashes instead

I suspect it's a very low priority problem. Sadly, it's not a new issue. Here's a post from 7/19/17:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Glitch-Views-Watcher-Counters-are-Dashes-amp-Zeros/m-...

I have 3 selling accounts, and each day one of the 3 shows dashes instead of numbers. It never hits all 3 accounts at the same time, just one (knock on wood.)
Message 16 of 192
latest reply

Re: Ebay Summer 2018 view counter not working - views not showing - dashes instead

Same issue! I do have a few bids and watchers... but these items do not have views! This is A problem that needs fix.. what else can we do? I have removed the app and refreshed... oh.. the problem is on my iPhone 6and iPad... The view shows on the desk! Thx

Message 17 of 192
latest reply

Same problem for me.  Cannot see if anyone has even looked at my item for sale.  Alsways says 0.

Message 18 of 192
latest reply

1) If you are on the SellerHub, go to the Performance Area for info about your listings - https://www.ebay.com/sh/prf

2) If you do not use the SellerHub...From Trinton @ eBay, "As for the view count issue that some are running into, we are currently reviewing this for a fix. While the view count is not displaying correctly, the information is being recorded properly on the backend and is still being fed into our calculations for your traffic metrics (ie. the sales conversion rate)."

3) In any case, look for the following, on most eBay pages...

tellus.PNG
Click the bottom icon, and Tell eBay what you think. We are told eBay associates actually read these comments.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 19 of 192
latest reply

As I said:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Ebay-site-does-not-show-the-number-of-views-on-my-lis...

Now that there are so many problems this has been pushed to Page 2 of technical issues

maybe that is why you didnt see it 

Ebay answered 4 days ago- havent fixed yet

I am not convinced that it isnt affecting actual views to buyers as sales are at a standstill

only 1 -2 creep through after a volume of listings end, they are all buy it now - no auction bids

I think the stagnant sale ratio is affecting sellers big time as mentioned in other posts

Message 20 of 192
latest reply

Pictures are not showing up on renewed Listings. If 4 pictures were originally listed only 1 is now showing up. I understand that there is no Tech people working on weekends. I have 2500 listings, what a mess and No One cares
Message 21 of 192
latest reply

Yes, this is happening to me too for about a week now. What is worse is that the actual numbers are not even updating anymore so I cannot tell if people are veiwing my items or not. Refreshing works very little and i have tried this on 3 different PC's with basically the same results.

This sucks alot....

Message 22 of 192
latest reply

I've been experiencing this problem for the last 3 days, very frustrating!

Message 23 of 192
latest reply

Almost all of my views got reset to dashes after I did a bulk edit. Very frustrating especially since I was correcting my locations. eBay had reverted my location a month after I moved.  Suddenly all my new listings were given my old address! It had worked fine for a month so I was blindsided.  Makes me think eBay crashed and they restored settings from a month ago.

Message 24 of 192
latest reply

Some of my listings are showing numbered views, but many are only showing dashes.  This has been going on for days.

If sellers are unable to see which items are being "searched" by potential buyers, how are sellers expected to make wise decisions concerning listing of new, similar items?

And for this, we pay monthly fees.

C'mon, eBay -- if you're going to continue to operate a broken system, at least give your sellers a fees rebate for EVERY DAY that your system doesn't work!

Message 25 of 192
latest reply

Same problem- it’s very frustrating 

Message 26 of 192
latest reply

I've noticed this too..... I get dashes. Usually after a refresh I'll see the numbers. However the auctions I've listed over the last few days show zero views. That can't be accurate. I don't have super popular items, and maybe a few do actually have zero views. However, one of them actually has watchers... you can't have watchers that haven't viewed the item! Just before posting, that item finally got 1 view, yet has 3 watchers??? Something is definitely not working correctly.
Message 27 of 192
latest reply

I've had the same problem for 3 days. I need to know the view counts. 

Message 28 of 192
latest reply

Views appear ok fine in this otherwise useless view:

https://www.ebay.com/mys/active?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextSelling

but are just dashes in this other horrid view (seller hub?) I was forced into: https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active
Message 29 of 192
latest reply

Same problem, how can I have watchers on multiple listings but no views? Been having the counter not working issue 4 or 5 days now. They had the same problem a few months ago.
Also weird, on some of my listings showing the first time watchers showed 1283? What the... They need to get this issue fixed.
Message 30 of 192
latest reply