cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Descriptions Missing!!!

My descriptions are not showing up on any of my listings or when I search other sellers listings.  All I get in place of the description is to Verify that I am a human.  Please call eBay and report this issue.....I called ebay this morning, and I was told that it was only my account. They said that this is an issue with Chrome.  I have tried Safari and Microsoft Edge as well with the same results  The only thing working is on my phone app. They need to HEAR from sellers and buyers so they get to work on fixing this problem.  I will not be listing another thing until it is fixed. I will not be bidding on anything until it is fixed.  

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Descriptions Missing!!!

same problem here i have to verify that i am a human in the middle of the description and it still wont let me see description

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Others seem to be experiencing this, though I am still able to view item descriptions:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/All-item-descriptions-being-blocked-by-a-...

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@effies1 

Yep...mine too.  This will not help sales at all.

Devon@ebay

elizabeth@ebay

This is a big concern.  If the seller cannot their descriptions, then neither can the customers.  The weekend is approaching and first of the month as well.  Please advise and let us know what's going on.  Thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

It is a big problem. I cannot pick up a seller's item which has more than 24 photos. I buy stamps and some sellers will have a 100+ photos. My computer is rather new.

It is still OK on my iPhone app.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I am having same problem "click to verify as human".    When I tried clicking on box "to verify" some real estate photos appeared.   

I was worried that somehow my listing was revised after I clicked on box "to verify" but when I viewed it again everything was normal.   Except I still can't see description and "click to verify" box is still shown.

I found out if you open listing "to revise" description is still there (just not shown on screen to customers).

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

i started to use a few choice words bur then i realized AI doesnt like that. 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Me Too! I can't buy anything because I cannot read the descriptions nor can I view my own listings. There is a technical page that can be accessed, but I am afraid of messing up my entire system. I will wait until later on until my son can look at it. Well for now Ebay, I just made a purchase on ETSY because that system is up and running. This is totally crap Ebay. 

For those not running the newest version of Chrome, you can't read my long, thought-out and time-consuming written descriptions so I guess you won't buy from either. This is a wide spread issue and not limited to just one person. Whomever you got on the phone was reading from a SCRIPT AGAIN. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Yes. Missing on all mine. If I use cell tel. I can see just a little of the description.  Unfortunately, the item locater code is at the end of my descriptions and I have several thousand listings.  I was able to click on item and hit sell similar and it was available.  BUT, THIS IS AN ISSUE THAT NEEDS IMMEDIATE ATTENTION. 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Same problem here. When I do verify I get a check mark for being human but still don’t see description.  

When I look at listings on .ca, there is no captcha but the whole description area is blank.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

It is happening for some item categories and not for others. I can read an item description for a ticket I sold but not for any of the other items I just listed or sold this morning. This problem surfaced last year as well and is definitely an EBAY GLITCH. Do not mess up your settings or listings thinking that you did something wrong. YOU DID NOTHING WRONG.  Ebay needs to clean up its mess as usual. I will conclude this with the lament I have often felt in almost 20 years as a seller:

Ebay spends way too much time breaking things with "improvements" that are not needed.

IF IT IS NOT BROKEN DON'T FIX IT!

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Same problem here

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I can't read the item description for any item I'm interested in - not just one or two. I don't understand the Ongoing Technical Issues pinned post asking people to contact customer service to tell them which item numbers aren't viewable - it's ALL of them. 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I am a buyer. This is happening to me on all item descriptions. The captcha shows, I complete it and nothing happens. Can not view seller descriptions. Not just on one listing...on all listings. Hope eBay is paying attention to this! 

Thanks eburtonlab for always helping the Community!

Message 15 of 19
latest reply