cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Checkout issues with PayPal

Still an issue a month later. No problem with Paypal, no problem with eBay, two won't work together using latest Firefox. Now I'm wasting time downloading different browsers so I can try to pay for this auction before I spend another eight hours trying to make your site work.

Sheila
Message 31 of 57
latest reply

I normally don't have an issue with checkout, but am experience an issue trying to check out with Paypal at the moment. Paypal login doesn't want to go through. Window renames itself as "undefined" with Paypal Login in limbo.  Using Google Chrome w/ ad blocker disabled.

Message 32 of 57
latest reply

Just had the same problem.  I couldn't  pay for purchase --just the circle and option to change my password.

I could sign in to paypay --no problem.

I finally logged out of ebay and then logged back on and this time it went through.

Not sure if the average buyer would persist!

Message 33 of 57
latest reply

Thanks you saved me weeks of chasing my tail.... finally fixed it
Message 34 of 57
latest reply

Currently having the same issues at this time. Been trying to make payment but cannot. Tried all types of suggestions from different browsers, different computers, and even checking all payment data matching paypal and ebay. All exact. Payment goes through but then get an email from eBay that select a different payment method.  Paypal is greyed out, only allowing credit payment but still get error message. Tried to go to account setting -> personal information -> and I have no default or paypal payments. Still no soltuion. Ebay keeps sending me email now that my unpaid item will go to an unpaid case.....

Message 35 of 57
latest reply

I may have an answer not sure. I am a buyer on Ebay for years,decided to sell for the first time. Set up a separate account, always paid through PayPal. Set up a seperate account to sell from and used a different email . Ebay and PayPal will not connect with, or not verifying, confirm, or even contacting my bank to connect the two together. You the buyer only see a warning. Me the seller is freaking out cause I've sold my items. But I can't make a transaction. I have buyers contacting me saying they can't pay or tells them pay some other way. Have buyers lined up, **bleep** off and confused, as I.  Not a human to be found at PayPal or Ebay. 

Message 36 of 57
latest reply

It's really a shame for buyers and sellers.  I just give up on certain items when I'm at this computer and I'm unable to pay.  And the last thing I want to do is win an auction and not be able to make payment because these two companies can't get their act together.  It's so frustrating.  

Message 37 of 57
latest reply

Hey I am having a similar issue checking out, paying with paypal.  It is strange I paid for (2) items that I won today no problem.  Then this evening I try to take a buy it now on an item, and it brings up a some sort of insurance/protection option which I opted out of.  "No thanks"  then I click on paypal button, and the PayPal log in screen comes up and wants my info, stating that the items will be paid for on the paypal page.  This is not the norm for my purchases.  I then tired different browsers, and the same problem.  So just on a whim I went and bought something else on the Buy it Now and everything went through as normal.  So what is the deal?  I shouldnt have to log in to paypal?    What changed? Who changed it?  Ebay? PayPal, Chrome or other?  Seller or buyer problem?  

Message 38 of 57
latest reply

I made a couple of payments this morning by PayPal then went to make another purchase and wouldn’t let me use my PayPal said fix issues so pressed on that then had to enter account details and still wouldn’t go through ? 
ive has to add account details to just pay by direct debit for now but PayPal has worked on all other sites I e used it on today even after my issue on here so the problem is with eBay and connections to PayPal 

Message 39 of 57
latest reply

I have a similar problem when paying for an item from an auction. Selecting the PayPal option opens a window to enter my login information. Spinning wheel and window closes bringing me back to payment options where PayPal is now greyed out.

I have tried to contact support but following the procedure related to payment issues I then get a message "we cannot process your request, try to contact support" ... well yes, that's what I am trying to do: contact support.

At this point in time I have no way to pay the item, and unable to contact support ... what a joke!!!

Message 40 of 57
latest reply

ebay 2020, I've had/have so many buyers with this issue and nothing is being done about it.

Message 41 of 57
latest reply

Same problem here, cant go through paypal checkout, only with credit card.

My PayPal account is linked with ebay, but cant add paypal in payment option its just greyed out.

Message 42 of 57
latest reply

SAME HERE>

Message 43 of 57
latest reply

I have the same problem, make a purchase and when making a second request to associate a credit card, I already have a credit card already linked and verified, terrible service by those who no longer supply themselves with all the claims that they have that there is no customer service by call

Message 44 of 57
latest reply

Same problem as everyone else.  I have a perfectly good American Express card, which I use every day, to pay for all kinds of things.

But it declines 100% of the time on EBay.  Only... American Express does not "see" the declines. 

It turns out that *PAYPAL* is the entity "declining" the transaction, even though I am not choosing to checkout with Paypal - I am putting in my credit card info directly in EBay checkout.

But because Paypal "knows" about my credit card, they have for some reason blocked it, and I cannot reach a human at Paypal to unblock the account.

So I cannot buy *anything* from EBay at all!

When is Ebay finally going to completely ditch Paypal so that EBay can fix their own issues?

Message 45 of 57
latest reply