cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout issues with PayPal

Great news!

I'm not able to pay for item in Ebay checkout when I select to pay with PayPal.

Process hangs after I write down my PP password in "Log in with Paypal" window. Annoying circle spins indefinitely, followed by message "Checking your info...". 

Well, I know my passwords. I can log into either PayPal or Ebay accounts with phone apps or on PC without any problems. My PP account is verified with Ebay. Last time when used PP to make a purchase on Ebay was four days ago. No problems then.

I experience same behaviour with three different physical devices:

an Android phone with Ebay app,

Win7 PC with IExplore, Chrome, Vivaldi, 

WinVista with Chrome.

Got the same result with any combination. 😞

I have sent message to PP to see what they'll say...

In the meantime, can anyone provide me with an advice,  suggestion or workaround of some kind?

info_paypal.png

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Hi.

I'm having the same problem.

PayPal account working when accessed directly.

But when I try to pay over ebay with PP. It is the same problem. It will not connect or check.... it goes on checking forever???

Any support. Please help US. 🙂

Greetings from EU, Croatia!

Message 2 of 51
latest reply

I have the same problem, it started today. The same thing happens on both the Ebay mobile app and on my desktop browser. The only workaround that actually worked for me was making the purchases on ebay.com.au - I normally use .com, and even tried .co.uk where the problem persisted as well. There seem to be a lot of threads about this issue.

Message 3 of 51
latest reply

PayPal has been having some extreme issues since yesterday. See the downdetector(.com) to see this.

Try again later. (pay[al says 24 to 40 hours)

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 4 of 51
latest reply

I have the same problem.

Valpovo, Croatia.

2 days no luck.

Message 5 of 51
latest reply

Has anyone tried buying through eBay Canada?

www.ebay.ca

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 6 of 51
latest reply

I have the exact same issue. Glad to hear I'm not the only one, but hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Message 7 of 51
latest reply

I have had the same problem for hours...paypal works fine checking out on Amazon and other websites...but I cannot checkout my cart here.  So absolutely frustrating.  So none of my auction wins can be checked out plus I had a cart full of BIN.  Lovely.

Message 8 of 51
latest reply

Same issue here too. Trying yesterday and today. 

Message 9 of 51
latest reply

Still having the same problem, for 3 days now. There are so many threads about this, some are from last year,  and some people say they've been having the problem for weeks...

Message 10 of 51
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

So What is going on? When will it be fixed, How many sell's will we lose if no one can pay? Most of my items are buy now, Does this mean no one can guy from me?

Message 11 of 51
latest reply

Hi

I have exactly same problem !!! and ebay wrote me: Action needed: pay $6.99 to complete your purchase!! (confusing)

I am using for payment IE browser (was all right in days ago) with ebay popup PayPal window

so:

I used for payment very old version browser (of Safari) and finished PayPal payment (without pop up window)

uuuuffffffff...

is it ebay problem? or problem in my browsers (PC)? I didn't instal nothing in half year...

regards

M

Message 12 of 51
latest reply

They are obviously having major app problems.  I was FINALLY able to checkout BUT I had to go to the website via Safari- don’t use the mobile app.  I use ipad Pro and iphone X, the app failed on both.  Here’s what I noticed:

1.  I still ran into the error (image attatched) using the website via Safari.  I got around this (at checkout cart) by clicking the dot next to ‘paypal’ with my email next to it...NOT buyer credit bubble.  I wanted to use buyer credit, so after FIRST selecting regular paypal checkout, then selecting that option...it selected it without error!  

2. I had multiple currencies in my cart- USD, Chinese, and CAD.  It processed USD first, then CAD, then allowed the ones from China.  I was lucky enough that the last two amounts were so small, I just processed them out of my debit/checking account.  The USA purchase was high enough to still grant me paypal financing/credit for six months.

I hope this helps people and best of luck.  I’m thinking they’ll need to roll out an app update soon or buyers/sellers are going to continue having problems!

Message 13 of 51
latest reply

i have the same problem. eBay representative i was in chat with had no idea about it. she insisted on contacting the seller. i could not select any payment method, neither PayPal nor credit card has worked. and they seem to be totally unaware of the problem although they obviously received many complaints. their representative asked me to clear cashe which i refused to do because i checked with different browsers and devices and the problem persisted, meaning the problem is NOT on my side.

Message 14 of 51
latest reply

@xeniazilli

Pay for your items on the Canada site - www.ebay.com

Message 15 of 51
latest reply