cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to "Summary page"

Hi,  When I click on "Summary" from the drop down from "MyEbay" at the top right of the page it now brings me to my watch list??  Ok I understand you want me to buy more,  but I need to be able to work my sales so I have the money to buy more.  When I click on summary Iwant it to bring me to my selling summary NOT my watch list. 

Rhonda and Bob-- Usually Bob posting
Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: Change to "Summary page"

I wish they would have given us a heads up that the layout was going to change. I feel like we are in the dark about whether or not this is how the layout is going to be for good or if this new terrible layout is just temporary while they get the kinks worked out. I can't imagine they would have downgraded the format like this and make it a permanent thing. But if so, I would like to know because I need to figure out which pages I need to bookmark for my selling pages because that is what I come on eBay for 95% of the time. I do not want to see a huge list of watched items and items I've purchased come first. I want to see the items I'm selling as well as the things I've sold at the top. Please switch it back or at least give us the option to revise the order. However, even given the option to revise, honestly, I like the old format better in general as this format seems like everything is so big and there is so much dead space.

Message 16 of 65
latest reply

I have already sent 3 "what do you think" messages and naturally, no response yet from the IDIOTS.

Here is how I've gotten around this issue with the Summary page.

Here is how you can get your Seller Summary back up......

click on MY eBay at the top of the screen and then click SELLING......that brings the Sellers Summary onto the screen like before.

Message 17 of 65
latest reply

Here is what I sent for the second time but i see we are all on the same page.

"

As a seller I need instant sales information. Your new page has buried that at the bottom of the page. I already know what I am watching and I already know what I purchased. Why are these at the top of the page? What I need to pop up first is what I sold and need to ship. Why are you making it harder for sellers to sell? Don't you want increased sales? Don't you want sellers to ship items expeditiously? Why is there no way for me to customize the 'my ebay' page?

I would be willing to bet a large sum that whoever designed this new home page never sold a thing on ebay.     "

Message 18 of 65
latest reply

It goes deeper than that...over the past few years, eBay has decided that the BUYER is more important than the seller...too many reasons to list here, we all know what they are.

But I must ask eBay what would eBay be like WITHOUT the sellers ?

Listen up eBay snoops......you keep PISSING us sellers off enough, we'll be leaving,,,,soon.

Message 19 of 65
latest reply

Sellers have been leaving for years with each spring or fall update ... nothing new. Many sellers conform to each seller update and eBay keeps pushing for mare change where eBay wants to go. eBay must be doing something right because their overall sales keeps going up year after year. It will take a significant drop in sales overall to make them think that their changes or direction are wrong.

Message 20 of 65
latest reply

Agreed !!! I was always taught that if something wasn't broken then don't try & fix it..... why won't they do test runs & get some feedback before imploding our site ?

Please forgive me but it looks like some aliens from another planetary system decided they wanted to mess with us

Message 21 of 65
latest reply

Could not have said it better myself !!! I keep flooding the tell us what you think link with complaints but it's probably futile.... I too am done with selling here until they listen to us & at least recognize our importance

Message 22 of 65
latest reply

Seriously ???

Message 23 of 65
latest reply

My summary page is a complete mess since they changed it!! It will not allow me to change my preferences and shows irrelevant information. Items I have shipped all show the same tracking number in the details. Reported to ebay several times. Very frustrated.
Message 24 of 65
latest reply

I don't think Ebay has heard of Beta testing!

Message 25 of 65
latest reply

Well, the answer is now I need multiple tabs open on my browser window: Selling, Sold, Purchase History, etc.

Ah, the ol' Summary Page. Good bye, old friend, it seems we hardly knew ye'.

Message 26 of 65
latest reply

I'm having the same issues with the bogus tracking numbers in the "sold" section of the "my eBay summary" page ever since the format was revamped.  All listings for sold items have an identical tracking number, all of which are incorrect.  The nummber of digits vary from a standard tracking number length up to 48 digits. They are all grey out (not clickable), which means you can't one-click track anything.  You have to go into the item "details" page, & from there you can view the correct tracking number, but you can't copy & paste the number!  Total garbage.  I contacted customer support 4 days ago, & they said they were escalating to tech.  Have heard zero since, & problem still persists.  Although I knew it had to be widespread, at least now I know for a fact that I'm not the only one.

Message 27 of 65
latest reply

Amazing,  it looks like they actually fixed it!!

Message 28 of 65
latest reply

sort of fixed....my stop gap is now showing the mess that was going on before (summary showing watched items etc).

oh well, at least something was fixed--you can now mouse over the icons and get the real information like when paid and when sent instead of the paid and sent. 

Still have the craaaapy sprawled format with so much empty space I could build a house! (and the lack of the feedback numbers behind the sellers/buyers names on items won)..

oh well, change for changes sake once again.

Message 29 of 65
latest reply

I posted a similar comment the other day and it has disappeared.

I deleted all my watching. I don't give a darn.

The new layout is real bad. The community is bad. Page freezes. It is a mess. Not user friendly at all. Please bring old pages back! 

Message 30 of 65
latest reply