cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot print packing slips

Hello,

As of today, I cannot print packing slips from the website (desktop or laptop).

The print preview in the first window works fine, but then when I click the print button, the print preview in the next window shows a blank page, and printing it produces a blank page too. I've tried different computers, different browsers, and different printers -- all exhibit the same problem.

It makes no difference if I try to print an individual packing slip, or print them in bulk. Same blank page result.

Please fix this ASAP.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Cannot print packing slips

This won't get around the extra clicks to use the hub to print packing slips, but to get a less detailed format close to the simplified one, click on "Customize" and check the box for "This is a gift".

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

Here is the problem with this horribly broken "New & Improved" print dialog:

You must have the browser set to open PDFs in the browser.

I laser print Ground Advantage labels directly onto my envelopes. Saves time, and I don't have to use stickers. I HAVE to download the file and have PDFs open in Acrobat for this function because the label presented to me in the first print dialog box is UNUSABLE. IT IS NOT FORMATTED CORRECTLY, and if you print it out the left and top sides of the label are cut off.

The ONLY way to get labels is downloading the file. When I open this file in the browser, exact same issue. The label is not formatted properly. This label should be formatted for a 4X6 page (the actual size of the label) and NOT on a letter size sheet. Formatting the label as 4X6 means it will print out in the center of the page, no matter what paper size you are using. The downloaded PDF file, amazingly, is properly formatted and the only path to labels that are usable.

eBay is totally losing sight of the details, and is UNRESPONSIVE to sellers issues with the platform. This broken Print Dialog issue has been going on for far too long now. The focus is obviously on fixing the horrible rollout of integration between app and browser, which is more important to eBay than seller issues.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

@argentphil  This thread is about the packing slip, the shipping label should not be a problem except for the Standard Envelope label, which has no format choices.

If you want a 4x6 formatted postage label, do not use the laser sheet version, select the thermal label printer 4x6 format option, which will still print on your laser, but is centered.  Still best to open it with Adobe, either in or outside the browser, which should give the same result.  With the correct settings in the Adobe preview window and in your printer preferences, this should print on an envelope correctly.

This is an aging thread, and again about packing slips, if you still are having a problem with your envelope printing start a new thread with additional details and post a link to it here before this one is locked.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@rfmtm

Yeah, I've had the labels at PDF/4x6 as a default for over a year. Cannot print labels without downloading PDF file.

Even with PDF/4x6 selected, when I purchase a label it shows in preview as sitting at the top left corner of a portrait letter size sheet. (not sideways, like a label sheet) Trying to find answers has become too difficult, let alone getting eBay to address the issue. I came here today to confirm that it is eBays problem and not my own. I have confirmed that. Thank you.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@rfmtm

Won't let me edit the other

Yeah, I've had the labels at PDF/4x6 as a default for over a year. Cannot print labels without downloading PDF file.

Even with PDF/4x6 selected, when I purchase a label it shows in preview as sitting at the top left corner of a portrait letter size sheet. (not sideways, like a label sheet)

I also am having the exact same problem with packing slips as the posters in this thread. It all deals with printing for orders.

Trying to find answers has become too difficult, let alone getting eBay to address the issue. I came here today to confirm that it is eBays problem and not my own. I have confirmed that. Thank you for your input.

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@argentphil   The label is a PDF file unless you select an image file and the 4x6 label printer format is always portrait. 

What is the size of your envelope and what orientation does it go through your printer?

What OS, browser, and printer model are you using?

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Seems to be another problem with them today, every time I try to create a label it says ‘order not found’! 

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@dion5feb2016  Do you see the order waiting to ship here?  If so try printing it from here:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord/?filter=status:AWAITING_SHIPMENT

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

I go into the item to post and it says I can ‘use eBay delivery’ apparently except in my case I can’t, all it does is say this 

Order not found.

Sorry, an error occurred while loading the page. Please try again.

• If you have several eBay user accounts, try to switch your account and make sure you log in with the correct user account.
  • If you have only one eBay account, please confirm that the eBay item you wish to print postage label for has the following characteristics:
    • Sold and Paid
    • Not dispatched yet
    • Not flagged as local collection only
    • You have not deleted the draft from Bulk shipping

I have given up now and tbh it’s more trouble than it’s worth so I won’t bother again.

Thanks for your reply though

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@dion5feb2016 

You are registered in the UK, but you are currently signed in to ebay.com.

Do you get the same error if you are signed out here and signed in to ebay.co.uk instead?

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. Nothing like that appears, all that I get is the message order not found. Have given up now, going to go to the PO with everything. When I contacted Packlink the message received back was the same as the text on the order not found page, 

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Thanks, have logged in again, definitely EBay UK this time, still not doing anything. Not going to bother, too much time wasting, will sort another way.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply