cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't print shipping labels

Anyone else having this problem?  Purchase label button will not light up at the end.

Message 1 of 110
latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

@bankinman , @stillbank , @mam98031 , @leetautomotive , @hyasnthgrl 

I created the thread below, it's a work around for some.   eBay has a ticket in for the real issue so it will get fixed at some point.

Re: Label Printing Failure work around ... - The eBay Community

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 76 of 110
latest reply

Yes, same problem won't print, try again later been 3 days eBay showing all my shipments as late.

Message 77 of 110
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

I created the thread below, it's a work around for some.   eBay has a ticket in for the real issue so it will get fixed at some point.

Mr. L

Thank you, but Ebay fixed the issue early yesterday.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 78 of 110
latest reply

@chamcm_4687 wrote:

Yes, same problem won't print, try again later been 3 days eBay showing all my shipments as late.

@chamcm_4687 

There is no reason your shipments should go out late.  There are all kinds of alternatives to printing your shipping labels out if Ebay isn't working for you.  You can print labels from any number of online postage providers to include PayPal.  

This is also a work around posted by a couple other members on a different thread that seems to work.

https://gslblui.ebay.com/gslblui/bulk

Message 79 of 110
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Mr. L

Thank you, but Ebay fixed the issue early yesterday.

@mam98031   Sadly that is not the case ... more threads about it today ... I've been around long enough to know that even when eBay says they fixed something that is not always true OR they fixed it for some but not others AND the issue(s) may pop up again unexpectedly ... like the Whac-A-Mole game ...

I know they are working on it and am sure it will get fixed for all soon ...

The work around I have provided has worked for quite a few Sellers ... its not ideal but it circumvents the normal label flow page that is blocking Sellers from completing the task ... I know this to be true because that's how I got around it ...

Regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Message 80 of 110
latest reply

Yes I just realized this myself.  My first shipping label this morning I could print off, however I could only print it to my regular printer, I could not print to my thermal printer which I use for labels.  While the size of the label was correct and the appropriate printer was selected, the size on my screen was one normal for the half size of 8 x 11 labels.

When I went to print my next label, I could not print it at all.  So it appears it was temporarily fixed and now we are back to the original problem.

I've tried your suggested method and it does work, I can get the shipping label to print [thank you] but I still have the problem with getting it to print the right size to my thermal printer.  The setting are correct, but the displayed label is all wrong.  I tried printing it anyway in the hopes it was just a display issue, but sadly no.  

Message 81 of 110
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Yes I just realized this myself.  My first shipping label this morning I could print off, however I could only print it to my regular printer, I could not print to my thermal printer which I use for labels.  While the size of the label was correct and the appropriate printer was selected, the size on my screen was one normal for the half size of 8 x 11 labels.

When I went to print my next label, I could not print it at all.  So it appears it was temporarily fixed and now we are back to the original problem.

I've tried your suggested method and it does work, I can get the shipping label to print [thank you] but I still have the problem with getting it to print the right size to my thermal printer.  The setting are correct, but the displayed label is all wrong.  I tried printing it anyway in the hopes it was just a display issue, but sadly no.  

Oh my @mam98031  ... label size ... I am planning a thread about the label size % for Velvet, Devon & Elizabeth to see if one of them can champion getting it fixed on both Firefox & Edge ... I used the Weekly Chat a long time ago to try and get it fixed but all I got was a lot of checking with the department that handles that, circling back lip service and on and on ... my issue is probably different from the one you describe BUT it used to work prior to the new label flow and now it doesn't ... anyway, I am sure they will get the current issues resolved ...

Regards,
Message 82 of 110
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

I've used my thermal printer for years to print my labels.  This is a new issue that only came about from this recent issue with the shipping labels program.  All the information on my screen is correct.  Printer selected, size of the labels, etc.  Everything is correct except how the label displays to me on my screen.  It is clearly not for my thermal printer.  It is landscape format and when I have my thermal printer selected I can only see part of the label.

I did try to print it just in case the display was wrong but it wasn't.  I just wasted some labels.

I dusted off some old labels I still had around from when I used my regular printer to do my labels and printed them off on my regular printer.

So to be clear.  In the details, by printer and label size was correct.  But the displayed label appears to be stuck on a 8 1/2 x 11 size for a regular printer.  And the label is printing how the label displays.  While if I have my thermal printer selected it will print to the thermal printer but in the size for a regular printer, not the label size I selected.

velvet@ebay 

devon@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

Message 83 of 110
latest reply

I am for about 3 days now...I have to print from my app on my phone. Its the only way I can purchase a label

Message 84 of 110
latest reply

@brittvegas wrote:

I am for about 3 days now...I have to print from my app on my phone. Its the only way I can purchase a label

@brittvegas  Have you tried  the "Print labels in bulk" link on the regular label flow page? Pic below ... this worked for me and some others ... once you get to the bulk label page you can Remove items so that just the label you want to print remains to test it out ...

Mr. L

Screenshot (3734).png

Regards,
Message 85 of 110
latest reply

I am having the same issues. I had to login from Google Chrome or use my phone and it works fine from there.

It's a pain having to switch but it works till there is a fix for the issue. BTW the issue is with Microsoft Edge.

Message 86 of 110
latest reply

I am having the same issues. I had to login from Google Chrome or use my phone and it works fine from there.

It's a pain having to switch but it works till there is a fix for the issue. BTW the issue is with Microsoft Edge.

Message 87 of 110
latest reply

I was having this problem on my laptop since Friday afternoon. I was able to print labels from my Android. The resolution for my laptop was to do the following:

1. Go to eBay (not entirely sure it was necessary to be in eBay but this worked for me).

2. Press [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del] simultaneously.

3. I chose to clear everything for the last 7 days (other options may work).

4. You'll need to log back into eBay so be sure you have your login credentials available.

5. The Purchase Shipping Label button is now active.

Message 88 of 110
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

devon@ebay 

Can you or someone else give us an update on this issue.  It is a problem that has gone on for about a week.  What if any progress has been made on resolving the issue as I don't see any updates on the board for that.

Message 89 of 110
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

devon@ebay 

Can you or someone else give us an update on this issue.  It is a problem that has gone on for about a week.  What if any progress has been made on resolving the issue as I don't see any updates on the board for that.

Hey @mam98031! From the information we have been told, the issue with printing shipping labels has been resolved since this morning. If there are members still having issues they can go to our tech board here and see the open alert for it. If they have tried clearing their cache and cookies and still running into the same issues we would recommend they reach out to customer support here and have the account added to the ticket. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 90 of 110
latest reply