cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced search option has disappeared

As of this morning, I don't have the Advanced search option in the upper right corner of my page.  I haven't changed any settings, but the search box and blue button are both oval shapes now instead of boxes, and the underlined "Advanced" option is gone.  I've cleared cookies, and even shut down and restarted the computer, to no avail.  Talked with eBay customer service and was told they could see it fine when they pulled up my screen, but had no idea what changed or how to correct it.  They opened a ticket and told me I'd receive a call  back in 48 hours or so.

Does anyone know what may have happened, and more importantly, how I can reset this?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

eBay seems to be fiddling with the page layout.

You should be able to see the link again if you expand the window or reduce the page zoom level.

Or if you go to your Message inbox and use the link there -- for some reason that page still has the old format if you use the Classic message format.

More discussion of this here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/advance-search-feature/m-p/34314252/highlight/true#M62533...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

They are rolling out this new format.

First posts on the issue were Fri or Sat.

Most of the concerns voiced when I last looked were about the loss of the search by category. In order to do that you will have to click shop by category.

At this time I have the new round edge search but still have advanced at the right.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for your help!  I opened 2 tickets with eBay about this (they closed the first so I reopened).  They kept telling me they could see the previous "old" rectangular button and the Advanced link when they looked at my screen.  Then there was the usual advice to clear cookies, etc., which I'd done several times.  I even shut down and restarted my computer, but still had the oval format.  They asked me to send a screen print, which I did.  Then they wanted me to use a different browser, even though I've been using Firefox for years...Anyway, the problem still existed Saturday morning.  I was away from the computer for several hours, and when I returned in the afternoon, the screen display had "reverted" to the previous format.  A miracle??  Obviously, I didn't touch anything, so I have to believe eBay changed something back.  I waited a couple days to confirm it was corrected, then sent them a note back today with the above info.   I also suggested they ASK users (sellers in particular) if they want a different format, or at least provide the option to opt out.  It'll be interesting to see if I get a reply about any of this! 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Still the exact same OLD way on my computer- using Edge signed in and Chrome not signed in. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you- now using message page-have struggled with the loss on main page for days.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You are most welcome.

It might be worth bookmarking the Advanced Search page, and putting the bookmark in a toolbar so you can easily reach it without having to go to the Message inbox page first.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply