cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advance search feature

Can no longer find advance search next to search bar.  Where is the new location?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

advance search feature

@linda_7421 

I can see it to the right of the big blue search button.

advanced search.png

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

advance search feature

It is gone from my page as well and has a new look altogether with no category drop down either:

Screenshot search.png

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

advance search feature

The Advanced Search page is still there, but see no easy way to get to it like before.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=0

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

advance search feature

Wonder if it depends on the device and/or browser.

I am still seeing it.

Clicked on the Ebay logo at top of page.

Using a Windows laptop, Firefox browser.

*lady*madonna*

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

advance search feature

I am using the latest Firefox with windows, so not sure what is going on.

@eburtonlab  Any ideas here?

@shipscript

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

advance search feature

I just updated to the latest version of Firefox, and I now see a newer page design. The search button has been replaced by a round blue button with a magnifying glass icon. The Advanced link still appears to the right, though I can make it disappear by increasing page magnification (or changing the window size or screen resolution).

eburtonlab_0-1709042875699.png

If I make the window small enough, the Advanced link goes away:

eburtonlab_1-1709042943155.png

Reducing the zoom level brings the Advanced link back for me.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

advance search feature

@rfmtm 

@eburtonlab 

I have the latest Firefox, still seeing the "regular" page.

*lady*madonna*

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

advance search feature

I have the latest Firefox, still seeing the "regular" page.

Possibly eBay is testing something and different accounts are seeing different page formats, or else existing cache or cookies are altering what each user sees. You may not see the new format until you sign out and sign back in, update or erase your current eBay cookies, or restart your browser.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

advance search feature

@eburtonlab  Appears some pages show the original rectangle search box with the advanced option and others show the rectangle or oval without it.  Zooming in/out didn't reveal it either and I don't see just the little round search button your screen shot shows.

Wish ebay would either leave working things alone or at least make some effort to test them before going live.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

advance search feature

Appears some pages show the original rectangle search box with the advanced option and others show the rectangle

So far the only page I have found with the original rectangular button format is the message inbox page when using the "Classic" message format. And the Feed page.

Zooming in/out didn't reveal it either and I don't see just the little round search button your screen shot shows.

If I zoom out far enough using a maximum screen size so the text gets very small, I see the Advanced link along with the rounded "search" button and the category display. As I zoom in and keep zooming, the Advanced link disappears, then the category display disappears, and eventually the blue "search" button becomes a blue circle with a magnifying glass icon.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply