cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

managed payments boycott

For those of us who hate this new ebay system. Boycott your purchases. Nobody purchase for a month see if they fold. I don't know about anyone else but this has been real sucky. It seems that I have to ship before I get paid. Also they outright lied to us. They said turnaround would be 2 days when it is proving to be 3-4 days. which means if I sell something thursday night, I don't get paid til the following wednesday or tursday. I don't know about you all but I feel really screwed by ebay. I have been on here for 20 years. I am boy\cotting. rally around this. Stand up for ourselves.

Message 1 of 137
latest reply
136 REPLIES 136

Re: managed payments boycott

@ddimport wrote:

We also have to use our credit card debit card or bank account to make payment for shipping labels before our money from any sell transfer into our bank account, this is not good

That is not true.  You are in MP and you should know better.

Paying with a CC is not an option at all in MP for shipping labels.  When creating a label in Ebay you have two options.  You may have your shipping paid from your MP account OR you can have it paid with PP.  Now if you have your shipping fees in PP tied to a CC or DC, that is different, but that has nothing to do with MP.  

In MP you have NO option to use your checking account or a CC to pay for labels.

MP Funding a Label.JPG

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 31 of 137
latest reply

@ddimport wrote:

We also have to use our credit card debit card or bank account to make payment for shipping labels before our money from any sell transfer into our bank account, this is not good

@ddimport   I have no problems with MP.  My payout is weekly on Tuesdays and is in my bank account no later than 12pm on Wednesday.    

You can use your pending funds from a sale if you wish to pay for shipping labels.  OR you can fund your paypal account with a debit or credit card if you prefer that method.  

I fund my paypal account with a credit card to pay for shipping and earn points on my credit card.   

As for the fees even with the fees on sales tax it balances out overall for me.  

I am TRS+ so the discount now applies to the total sale instead of just the item price like it used to.

Another plus of MP is if we refund a sale in full we now get back ALL of our sellers fees except for the .30 cents transaction fee.  Before if a buyer asked to cancel a sale or we issued a refund for a returned item we had to eat the 2.9% paypal fee.    

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 32 of 137
latest reply

Click on my user name. If you don't how to do it, I can guide you through the one-click process. It's terribly complicated, I know. But together, I think we could do it.

Message 33 of 137
latest reply

Im sure you do dont sell on ebay and never sold on ebay to understand ebay it is making more profit from sellers with this new manage payment system, the tax ebay charge on sales it is included at the final value fees. 

Message 34 of 137
latest reply

@ddimport wrote:

Im sure you do dont sell on ebay and never sold on ebay to understand ebay it is making more profit from sellers with this new manage payment system, the tax ebay charge on sales it is included at the final value fees. do the math and see if you can understand what im saying. 

You do understand that PP was charging you for the tax before users were switched to MP????

You seem to be leaving out the figures that are the math to make it the way you want.

Message 35 of 137
latest reply

Then proof me that PP  was really charging sales tax from our sales beside the 2.9% + 0.30 PP was charging, if you can show proof of that then we can talk, but if you can not proof me at all, dont talk at all, now Ebay is charging more final value fees as whole when customer pay for the product and sales tax, do the math.

Message 36 of 137
latest reply

You are entitled your opinion, but I disagree and have already made my decision. Have a good day.

Message 37 of 137
latest reply

@ddimport wrote:

Then proof me that PP  was really charging sales tax from our sales beside the 2.9% + 0.30 PP was charging, if you can show proof of that then we can talk, but if you can not proof me at all, dont talk at all, now Ebay is charging more final value fees as whole when customer pay for the product and sales tax, do the math.

It always surprises me when some get upset at Ebay for doing something that PP has always done but PP is somehow the gold star standard.

I've read many posts about sellers being upset that MP charges an additional 1.65% on international sales when PP has always charged one.  A little less perhaps but the same kind of fee.  PP charges 1.5%

Same with this.  PP has ALWAYS changed their fees on the total amount of money received.  The deduct nothing.  Back in the day when sellers collected their own sales tax for their states, even then we paid PP fees on the tax received from the buyers.  You will find that ALL money processors do this.  it is always on the total amount of money that is being processed.

You have your proof yourself, just go look at some of your older purchases when PP was your processor.

Message 38 of 137
latest reply

@ddimport wrote:

Im sure you do dont sell on ebay and never sold on ebay to understand ebay it is making more profit from sellers with this new manage payment system, the tax ebay charge on sales it is included at the final value fees. do the math and see if you can understand what im saying. 

See my post # 30.

I'm unsure why you seem to be targeting @wrong66 .  You are making assumptions that just aren't supported by the facts.  You have those facts at your fingertips so that you could see it for yourself.

Ebay is a for profit company, so yes they should be making a profit off of MP.  That would absolutely be logical.  They have every right to make a profit.  it isn't a dirty word.

All us sellers are here to make a profit too.  I know I make no apologies for that.  I don't know why you see it differently for Ebay.  MP isn't raising fees on us, so they aren't digging into our profits.  

I've done the math and the reduction on the FVF for 90+% of the transaction pretty much offsets the new FVF on the sales tax.  Lets say in MP your rate is 11.50%.  You have always paid PP fees on sales tax so the new part of this FVF in MP is 8.6% [11.50% - 2.9% = 8.6%].  That is the new portion of the fee that we have not had before.  Now to continue with this math, that is 8.6% on less than 10% of the transaction amount as most states charge less than 10% sales tax.  That is the only new portion of fees in MP.  But then you must also consider that there is a 0.55% FVF reduction on the other 90+% of the transaction amount.

37.JPG

Message 39 of 137
latest reply

Actually this is not a real proof from paypal account, you are only using microsoft word to create the break down, funny you think its hard to do that, I need the actually proof from paypal showing they are charging tax? you are making this up and can't even show real proof, I have proof that ebay it is making profit from sales tax and making sellers pay more on the final value fees at the end when they charge taxes to ebay buyers

Message 40 of 137
latest reply

fees.jpg

Let me know what do you see here?

Message 41 of 137
latest reply

fees.jpg

Let me know if this is an assumption or fact, what do you see here? i sell the same item to 100 different people same price with free shipping, why the fees ebay charge is different? because they are now charging as whole price included the sales tax and seller is paying more on final value fees, do the math.

Message 42 of 137
latest reply

Well, I see someone who is very confused.

Message 43 of 137
latest reply

so tell me where is the confusion here now, if you can explain me, my picture show you the proof, and you still have not be able to show me any proof that paypal was charging sales tax for transaction🤣

Message 44 of 137
latest reply

From November of 2019 PP was charging their funds processing fees on the entire amount paid by the buyer, including sales tax.

It is an indisputable fact. 

Message 45 of 137
latest reply