cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STORE OWNERS BEING CHARGED INCORRECT FINAL VALUE FEES

STORE SELLERS CHECK YOUR FINAL VALUE FEES ON THE TRANSACTION DETAILS!

I have a Premium Store on eBay and have for many many years. I was also forced into Managed Payments last August. 

Since last night at approximately 6:30pm PST ALL of my orders are being charged an incorrect Final Value fee of 12.55% regardless of the category.

Instead of being charged 11.7% for Home and Garden 

Instead of being charged 8.7% for Consumer Electronics that are NOT parts or accessories

Instead of being charged 8.7% for Musical Instruments and Gear Pro Audio

I was on the phone with Customer Service last night for nearly an hour just to correct a handful of orders.

It very definitely appears that eBay is NOT recognizing store owners and are charging the regular 12.55% across the board.

Anyone else having this issue or am I the lucky one and perhaps I should buy a Power Ball ticket?

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

By far the most terrifying issue I have ever seen in 10 years of selling on ebay. I now have to go back god knows how far and make sure everything is correct and released into payouts. As well as watch future sales like a hawk. This type of mess up should be all over the media. My account alone is missing over 1k in the last day from mistaken fees. I couldn't imagine larger sellers. You think with a error like this they might warn you with a message. Nope. I just so happen to be checking my fees when I noticed a massive difference in 2 of the same sales. They told me it will be "corrected" in 24 hours. I'm still going to do all the math and make sure it's all correct. Disgusting. I have zero trust in ebay after this.

Message 61 of 94
latest reply

Can't wait for the refund check!

Just like the IRS! My congressman's office told me they can't do anything until 90 days after I filed have gone by. That's the "guidance" from the IRS. They told the congressman that their photocopiers broke down  (along with the pandemic slowing them down).

Message 62 of 94
latest reply

I now have to go back god knows how far and make sure everything is correct and released into payouts. As well as watch future sales like a hawk.

Very unfortunate, I agree.

So much for an "improvement" that creates a monumental amount of busy work.

Message 63 of 94
latest reply

I'm happy that you posted this message as I went and checked.  Apparently I've been charged the incorrect final value fees as well.  As a store subscriber I shouldn't be paying 12.55%.  I went and checked and the categories affected were Camera & Photo  which should have been 8.7% and the Toy Category 11.7%.   Apparently the overcharges were only on June 3, 2021.

Message 64 of 94
latest reply

Glad I saw this. I was confused on how the final value fee was different on a few items that sold for the same exact price. I went and checked and see the issue on sales from January. Not sure how to correct sales from so long ago. I have a basic store (was premium until May) and mostly sell clothing and shoes.

Message 65 of 94
latest reply

Basic Store subscription, most of my items are being charged 8.7% but a number are still coming in randomly at 12.55%

Category : Computer Tablets & Networking > Computer Components & Parts > Fans, Heatsinks & Cooling > Thermal Compounds & Supplies

Edit: It seems according to the store fees page, this should actually be 6.35% FVF. https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-fees/store-fees?id=4122

Message 66 of 94
latest reply

@jackielouwho wrote:

Basic Store subscription, most of my items are being charged 8.7% but a number are still coming in randomly at 12.55%

Category : Computer Tablets & Networking > Computer Components & Parts > Fans, Heatsinks & Cooling > Thermal Compounds & Supplies

Edit: It seems according to the store fees page, this should actually be 6.35% FVF. https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-fees/store-fees?id=4122

@jackielouwho  - the link you posted is for sellers with store subscription who are still having their payments processed by PayPal.

I see from your listings you have been moved over to Managed Payments, so this would be the correct link to see the applicable fees.  https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-fees?id=4809 

The only sub-categories under Computer Components  Parts that would be 6.55% are

Computer Components & Parts:
CPUs/Processors
Memory (RAM)
Motherboards
Motherboards & CPU combos

Another other sub-categories, including Fans, Heatsinks & Cooling > Thermal Compounds & Supplies, should be 8.7% if you are in Managed Payments and have a Basic store subscription or above.

Are you still seeing sales today at the 12.55% fee?

Message 67 of 94
latest reply

I still have one's dated from the 3rd that still have not been corrected how can I get it reported?

Message 68 of 94
latest reply

On a separate issue regarding the final value fee: I just noticed that the 11.7% FVF also applies to sale tax, which is collected by ebay. I really don't think that is a fair. Has it always been like this?

Message 69 of 94
latest reply

@maggiey88168 wrote:

On a separate issue regarding the final value fee: I just noticed that the 11.7% FVF also applies to sale tax, which is collected by ebay. I really don't think that is a fair. Has it always been like this?

@maggiey88168 

Fair or not, it is what MP does and has done since August of last year.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-selling-fees?id=4809

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 70 of 94
latest reply

Thank you. Never knew that 😞

Message 71 of 94
latest reply

@maggiey88168 wrote:

Thank you. Never knew that 😞

@maggiey88168 

Glad I could help.  Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll see if I can shed a little light on them for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 72 of 94
latest reply

Not sure if you got your fees back yet however I did by contacting ebay for business on Facebook. All were credited back last night 🙂

Message 73 of 94
latest reply

12.55% - Motors Parts and Accessories should be 10.7%.  Premium Store subscription.

Message 74 of 94
latest reply

@nickelsanddimes2015 wrote:

Not sure if you got your fees back yet however I did by contacting ebay for business on Facebook. All were credited back last night 🙂

@nickelsanddimes2015 

Thanks for the check-in. I'm about to try just that... and I expect a happy outcome!

Message 75 of 94
latest reply