cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STORE OWNERS BEING CHARGED INCORRECT FINAL VALUE FEES

STORE SELLERS CHECK YOUR FINAL VALUE FEES ON THE TRANSACTION DETAILS!

I have a Premium Store on eBay and have for many many years. I was also forced into Managed Payments last August. 

Since last night at approximately 6:30pm PST ALL of my orders are being charged an incorrect Final Value fee of 12.55% regardless of the category.

Instead of being charged 11.7% for Home and Garden 

Instead of being charged 8.7% for Consumer Electronics that are NOT parts or accessories

Instead of being charged 8.7% for Musical Instruments and Gear Pro Audio

I was on the phone with Customer Service last night for nearly an hour just to correct a handful of orders.

It very definitely appears that eBay is NOT recognizing store owners and are charging the regular 12.55% across the board.

Anyone else having this issue or am I the lucky one and perhaps I should buy a Power Ball ticket?

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Re: STORE OWNERS BEING CHARGED INCORRECT FINAL VALUE FEES

I can confirm this is happening on a premium store account that usually sees 10.7% fees for motors categories and is being charged 12.55% today! 😲

brian@ebay  tyler@ebay  brittanie@ebay  please get someone on this ASAP!

fees2.jpg

Message 2 of 94
latest reply

I only checked my latest order, but it shows basic store subscription fees are still at 11.7% in Toys.

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 15.31.27.png

Message 3 of 94
latest reply

I sell on ebay motors as well. I went back and checked several. I am at 10.7% 

Soooo, what's up with that? I do not need to be checking every sale to make sure they got it right! 

Message 4 of 94
latest reply

Thanks @popblox  and @forward-motion  - if you don't mind sharing, what store subscription level are you on? Just trying to see if we can narrow down anything in common.

edit to add - I see popblox already said basic store.

Message 5 of 94
latest reply

I have a basic store. 

Message 6 of 94
latest reply

Omg you're right. Mine are bouncing from 11.7 to 12.55  and all are in health and beauty category !!!

Message 7 of 94
latest reply

@nickelsanddimes2015 wrote:

Omg you're right. Mine are bouncing from 11.7 to 12.55  and all are in health and beauty category !!!

@nickelsanddimes2015  are you on a premium store subscription?

Message 8 of 94
latest reply

I've checked with another Motors seller who has an Anchor store and they are still seeing the correct 10.7% as well.

Message 9 of 94
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@nickelsanddimes2015 , @catherine32961 

I just noticed the increase, too. An item sold a few days ago shows 11.7%, a sale today (same category) is showing 12.55%.

Thanks for the heads up... and dang it, what do we do about it? I have a Basic Store.

Message 10 of 94
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@nickelsanddimes2015 , @catherine32961 

I just noticed the increase, too. An item sold a few days ago shows 11.7%, a sale today (same category) is showing 12.55%.

Thanks for the heads up... and dang it, what do we do about it? I have a Basic Store.

@mtgraves7984  thanks for confirming though that blows my theory about it being only on Premium stores. 🤣 

I guess anyone affected is going to need to request a call back from Managed Payments support.  😞

If anyone gets through to someone, please update here!

Message 11 of 94
latest reply

@valueaddedresource and everyone else, if you can give me specific categories that this is happening in then I'll get it reported. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 12 of 94
latest reply

brian@ebay 

Basic Store here. My category on all affected: Clothing, Shoes and Accessories  (11.7% vs. 12.55%)

Message 14 of 94
latest reply

Yes

Message 15 of 94
latest reply