cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STORE OWNERS BEING CHARGED INCORRECT FINAL VALUE FEES

STORE SELLERS CHECK YOUR FINAL VALUE FEES ON THE TRANSACTION DETAILS!

I have a Premium Store on eBay and have for many many years. I was also forced into Managed Payments last August. 

Since last night at approximately 6:30pm PST ALL of my orders are being charged an incorrect Final Value fee of 12.55% regardless of the category.

Instead of being charged 11.7% for Home and Garden 

Instead of being charged 8.7% for Consumer Electronics that are NOT parts or accessories

Instead of being charged 8.7% for Musical Instruments and Gear Pro Audio

I was on the phone with Customer Service last night for nearly an hour just to correct a handful of orders.

It very definitely appears that eBay is NOT recognizing store owners and are charging the regular 12.55% across the board.

Anyone else having this issue or am I the lucky one and perhaps I should buy a Power Ball ticket?

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Re: STORE OWNERS BEING CHARGED INCORRECT FINAL VALUE FEES

@slickestdeal wrote:

Hello all, I signed up for a Basic eBay Store subscription which should reduce my Motherboard Final Value Fee down from 12.55% to 6.55% but I am still charged 12.55% even though I signed up nearly two weeks ago. A sale went through today and I did triple check that the listing is indeed under "Motherboards & CPU Combos" which is listed as 6.55%. I called in two days ago and it took the rep 45 minutes to credit me back $145, but since then I have sold a couple more and now eBay owes me a little over $300 in final value fee (that's a lot compared to those folks complaining about $1-$10 in this thread).

I've called in multiple times, some hung up on me and others kept saying the credit is on the way within 24 hours but it's been way over that time frame. Anyone have a solution to this?

@slickestdeal ,

Listings that were active when you signed up for the store, continue to be assessed the fees that were in place when the listing was started or renewed most recently.

Once you have had the store more than a month, your good-til-canceled listings should have all renewed, which should change them over to being assessed the fees for your new store level.

Message 91 of 94
latest reply

Reading through this topic, I decided to contact ebay CS via instant chat and glad I did. The whole process took 5-10mins, not including the 1-minute wait time but I was credited back the FVF difference. In the very beginning where you have to describe your issue. Type, "incorrect final value fee and your customers order #." The rep will investigate and file a technical report. The refund may take 24-48hrs to show up in Payments.

As for why this happened? The rep said, "The listing was created before I subscribed to the store. So the store subscription selling fee discount is not applied." Backstory: I subscribed to Basic store a week ago, I remember reading a note that my listings would be automatically updated in 24 hours. Apparently, not all of them did. I asked the rep how to prevent this from happening again and was told to contact them through instant chat again.

Really, I hope this technical problem can be fixed and everyone can read about it in "Selling Announcements."

Message 92 of 94
latest reply

@mintwares 

It is very nice that they did that for you.  Something to keep in mind.  When you have listings that were posted BEFORE you had a store, they do not count against your subscription numbers for the store until they renew as they normally would have.  For example if you started your store on 12/10 and you has 10 listings that you posted on 12/5 were already active, they will move into your store when your store activates, but the listing fees will be not yet be charged.  Your listings will renew on 1/5 and that is when they will come out of the numbers you have for listings with your stores and at the store rates.  

When you first start a store, stuff like this will happen in the first 30 days.  Ebay's fees go by the date the LISTING is started.  So all those listings started on 12/5, if sold after your store opened would have the FVF without any store discount.  

I do think it was nice that you got a CSR that took it a step further for you and is giving your some credits when they don't really need to and are not required to.  That is a very nice thing for them to do for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 93 of 94
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 94 of 94
latest reply