cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STORE OWNERS BEING CHARGED INCORRECT FINAL VALUE FEES

STORE SELLERS CHECK YOUR FINAL VALUE FEES ON THE TRANSACTION DETAILS!

I have a Premium Store on eBay and have for many many years. I was also forced into Managed Payments last August. 

Since last night at approximately 6:30pm PST ALL of my orders are being charged an incorrect Final Value fee of 12.55% regardless of the category.

Instead of being charged 11.7% for Home and Garden 

Instead of being charged 8.7% for Consumer Electronics that are NOT parts or accessories

Instead of being charged 8.7% for Musical Instruments and Gear Pro Audio

I was on the phone with Customer Service last night for nearly an hour just to correct a handful of orders.

It very definitely appears that eBay is NOT recognizing store owners and are charging the regular 12.55% across the board.

Anyone else having this issue or am I the lucky one and perhaps I should buy a Power Ball ticket?

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Oh also last I knew you could take eBay to small claims court regarding mangled payments issues.  I haven't read the latest scruser agreement though.

Message 31 of 94
latest reply

Happening to me as well, I have a basic subscription.  Happening in at least home and garden category and business industrial.   I had chatted with ebay rep before seeing this thread.   After a long time of looking and trying to justify the fee he stated it is a know issue and will be corrected and credits sent, we'll see.....

Message 32 of 94
latest reply

Ebay system messed up, check out this page

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-fees?id=4122

for Basic, Premium, Anchor, and Enterprise Store subscribers: toys and hobbies is 9.35%

for coins and paper money, before was 8.5% for basic store, now is 6.35%, I do not believe it, so I think it is messed up

Message 33 of 94
latest reply

And instead of 8.5%, I was being charged for 12.35% for the two sales since last night.

Message 34 of 94
latest reply

and check out this EBay page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-fees?id=4122

For Basic, Premium, Anchor, and Enterprise Store subscribers:

eBay Motors > Parts & Accessories > In-Car Technology, GPS & Security
6.35%

Message 35 of 94
latest reply

US Coins

Message 36 of 94
latest reply

I have basic store subscription.  Computer/networking and I am being charged the 12.55% FVF.

Message 37 of 94
latest reply

Also I just realized I am no longer getting the toprated plus discount. Just to add to the injury. Final value fee for me went from 8.55% to 12.55%.

Message 38 of 94
latest reply

and everyone else, if you can give me specific categories that this is happening in then I'll get it reported. Thanks!

It happened to me on Video Game Consoles today for a Basic Store.  It's supposed to be just over 6.5%, but I was dinged 12.55%.  See below:

Fees based on: $129.60

Final Value Fee  -$16.26
Variable percentage Video Games & Consoles category
Rate for $0.00 - $7,500.00   12.55%
Item fee total     -$16.26
Final Value Fee  -$0.30 
Total fees   -$16.56

Now how much more was taken for the other categories, and how will you guys pay us back (I have to go through a ton of sales to check everything)?  I know you will though.  Keep us posted!  P.S.:  Any way you guys can drop the $0.10 charge for scheduled listings for Basic Stores?  Would make me post even more if I could sleep, rather than bulk edit late at night so that I don't pay that, thanks.
Message 39 of 94
latest reply

I sold an item in Collectibles today and it says 12.55%.  (Notes that range end says $7500)
whitewaterford_0-1622773432939.png

I sold similar item in Collectibles yesterday (and also previous 3 months) and all show 11.7% instead.  (Note that range end shows $2500)

whitewaterford_3-1622774271368.png

I also have a comment to pass along.  I like the new detail showing percent and what is based on that started displaying recently.  However, It would be clearer to me if the last example looked like this instead.  (The three changes I made are underlined for clarity in the example).

Fees based on $23.85  
Final Value Fee -$2.51
Variable Percentage - Collectibles category  
          11.7% Rate for $0.00 - $2500.00 -$2.79 
                          Special Promotion (TRS)$0.28 
  Item Fee Total-$2.51
Message 40 of 94
latest reply

Same problem here,  basic store and sell golf equipment. Started with an order at 6:37 pm yesterday and every order since has been charged at 12.55% rather than 11.7%. 

Message 41 of 94
latest reply

If you do get fee credits from eBay on this - make sure to check the math.  Apparently expecting "payments trained teammates" to know how to actually calculate the fees correctly is asking too much. 🙄

The account I posted screenshots of had two transactions charged at the 12.55% rate instead of the 10.7% rate.

One transaction the fee credit should have been $1.74, eBay credited $0.63.  The other one should have been $18.04, eBay credited $6.46.

Message 42 of 94
latest reply

11.7% over here in business & industrial. 

Message 43 of 94
latest reply

Final Value fee of 12.55% regardless of the category.

Instead of being charged 11.7% for Home and Garden

Instead of being charged 8.7% for Consumer Electronics that are NOT parts or accessories

Instead of being charged 8.7% for Musical Instruments and Gear Pro Audio

It is just SO interesting to me, that in your example and ALL the others that I've read in this thread, that the mischarge is ALWAYS a fee overcharge and never a fee undercharge!

Isn't that just so interesting?

Why when eBay makes a fee mistake, is it  always to their own benefit and never to the seller's?

Suspicious, is it not?

If it were truly a mistake or a glitch, there should be at least a few instances where someone was charged, say, 8.7% instead of 12/55%, right? The law of averages would seem to have to come into play here at some point, right?

Can a shill/cheerleader/proxy please explain THAT?

Message 44 of 94
latest reply

I believe the FTC would be the correct government regulatory body when it comes to eBay's mangled payments. I will be calling them tomorrow to file a complaint.

It's classic breach of contract: One party fails to perform its obligations according to the agreement that the parties entered into.

Message 45 of 94
latest reply