cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STORE OWNERS BEING CHARGED INCORRECT FINAL VALUE FEES

STORE SELLERS CHECK YOUR FINAL VALUE FEES ON THE TRANSACTION DETAILS!

I have a Premium Store on eBay and have for many many years. I was also forced into Managed Payments last August. 

Since last night at approximately 6:30pm PST ALL of my orders are being charged an incorrect Final Value fee of 12.55% regardless of the category.

Instead of being charged 11.7% for Home and Garden 

Instead of being charged 8.7% for Consumer Electronics that are NOT parts or accessories

Instead of being charged 8.7% for Musical Instruments and Gear Pro Audio

I was on the phone with Customer Service last night for nearly an hour just to correct a handful of orders.

It very definitely appears that eBay is NOT recognizing store owners and are charging the regular 12.55% across the board.

Anyone else having this issue or am I the lucky one and perhaps I should buy a Power Ball ticket?

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Mine are all health and beauty

Message 16 of 94
latest reply

This is happening in EVERY category!

It is almost like the system is not recognizing the fact I have a Premium Store subscription.

I'll be calling again at the end of the day to review them all with Customer Support so they can manually adjust to the correct fees. And will do so at the end of every day until eBay fixes this obvious Technical Issue.

Message 17 of 94
latest reply

Basic store here. I was overcharged in Sub-category 27386 (Computers/Tablets & Networking > Computer Components & Parts > Graphics/Video Cards). Item ID's 274808389490 and 274816595676 were affected so far.

Message 18 of 94
latest reply

Hi Brian should I contact customer service so they can look into it?

Message 19 of 94
latest reply

I have a Premium Store and just sold a clothing item and was charged 12.55% and I was supposed to be charged only 9.35%. Thanks so much for posting this and bringing it to our attention.

Message 20 of 94
latest reply

It seems to be multiple categories for me. I sold an expensive puzzle late last night and I was overcharged almost $2 in FVF's

Message 21 of 94
latest reply

Well got hit on a sale from this listing.  This is why I don't trust eBay.  Too useless to wipe their own butts let alone run a site they created.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224453972182

Message 22 of 94
latest reply

Looks like it may be category specific.  Just had another sale today and it was charged the correct fees.

Message 23 of 94
latest reply

Basic store subscription here, several sub categories in the consumer electronics were affected, but I haven't sold in other categories these two days yet.

What is strange is that one item I sold on 6/2 17:16 PST were incorrectly charged at 12.55%, while several other items sold later that day were charged correctly. And the one I sold at 6/3 5:49 PST was also charged correctly, while all items sold starting on 6/3 8:12 PST were all charged at 12.55%

Just got another sale at 6/3 16:51 was charged at the correct percentage, but the one on 6/3 16:05 was not.

Message 24 of 94
latest reply

This has been happening to me as well. For me it has been happening for Sponsored/promoted items Only. I did get a call back from managed payments and they told me it is a known issue. It seems that it is no longer happening for my sales. However, I still do Not have my fees credited

Message 25 of 94
latest reply

Happened to me in Computers/Tablets & Networking > Computer Components & Parts > Power Supplies

Message 26 of 94
latest reply

I do not need to be checking every sale to make sure they got it right!

If I still sold here, I would be.

Message 27 of 94
latest reply

Since last night at approximately 6:30pm PST ALL of my orders are being charged an incorrect Final Value fee of 12.55% regardless of the category.

Instead of being charged 11.7% for Home and Garden

Instead of being charged 8.7% for Consumer Electronics that are NOT parts or accessories

Instead of being charged 8.7% for Musical Instruments and Gear Pro Audio

Very sorry for you.

Don't hold your breath for a refund.

Message 28 of 94
latest reply

I did get a call back from managed payments and they told me it is a known issue.

Of course it is "a known issue."

They always roll out not-ready-for-prime time programs.  They always experiment on their sellers.

They probably didn't think any sellers would catch it, and if they did, didn't think they would care.  After all, still-subscribed sellers think that they have weathered yet another eBay grand idea upheaval and are still managing to be selling on the site. 

Message 29 of 94
latest reply

I believe the FTC would be the correct government regulatory body when it comes to eBay's mangled payments.  I will be calling them tomorrow to file a complaint.

https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection

Message 30 of 94
latest reply