cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quarter earned credits for ad fees

I am a Top Rated seller, and ebay has not transferred my credited quarterly earnings for promotional ad fees to my managed payments payout.  The credited ad fees have been applied to my monthly invoice, however.

Should I call ebay to have the credited ad fees transferred to my managed payments payout?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Quarter earned credits for ad fees

@primeusa - there may be some confusion here because once again, eBay has taken the liberty of changing policy pages in advance of an update without giving clear direction on when those changes take effect.

I predicted months ago that eBay was going to move to collect Promoted Listings ad fees at time of sale in Managed Payments.  It was part of the discussion about the possibility that the quarterly TRS credits may be going away.  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/TRS-Promoted-Listings-Credit-Going-Away-Weekly-Chat-Follow-Up/...

On 12/12/20, I noticed the credit is still there, but there have been some changes made to the FAQ page here https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/promoted-listings.html#m22_tb_a1__4 

PL Credit FAQ 12-12-20-2.jpg

I asked for clarification on when those changes would take effect in the weekly chat that week but was told that the only way to get that answer would be to contact a "payments trained team-mate" via the Managed Payments support channels.

@mcdougle4248 did that and reported back that the answer was this change would happen "soon",  there will be two phases to the launch and we will receive notification prior to the launch on our accounts.

If all you saw was that updated FAQ page, I can see how there may be some confusion and thinking that is already in place.

For now I believe both the fees and credit should still be reflected on your monthly invoice and as far as I know, there isn't anything we can do to switch that to being done through the MP process instead.  We'll just have to wait for eBay to notify us when this change rolls out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

As far as I know, you can't transfer the credits from the invoice to the payouts...........

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@primeusa - there may be some confusion here because once again, eBay has taken the liberty of changing policy pages in advance of an update without giving clear direction on when those changes take effect.

I predicted months ago that eBay was going to move to collect Promoted Listings ad fees at time of sale in Managed Payments.  It was part of the discussion about the possibility that the quarterly TRS credits may be going away.  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/TRS-Promoted-Listings-Credit-Going-Away-Weekly-Chat-Follow-Up/...

On 12/12/20, I noticed the credit is still there, but there have been some changes made to the FAQ page here https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/promoted-listings.html#m22_tb_a1__4 

PL Credit FAQ 12-12-20-2.jpg

I asked for clarification on when those changes would take effect in the weekly chat that week but was told that the only way to get that answer would be to contact a "payments trained team-mate" via the Managed Payments support channels.

@mcdougle4248 did that and reported back that the answer was this change would happen "soon",  there will be two phases to the launch and we will receive notification prior to the launch on our accounts.

If all you saw was that updated FAQ page, I can see how there may be some confusion and thinking that is already in place.

For now I believe both the fees and credit should still be reflected on your monthly invoice and as far as I know, there isn't anything we can do to switch that to being done through the MP process instead.  We'll just have to wait for eBay to notify us when this change rolls out.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@primeusa wrote:

I am a Top Rated seller, and ebay has not transferred my credited quarterly earnings for promotional ad fees to my managed payments payout.  The credited ad fees have been applied to my monthly invoice, however.

Should I call ebay to have the credited ad fees transferred to my managed payments payout?

There was some discussion about this last month in the Community Chat last month.  The policy regarding Promoted Listing  fee credits changed.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-December-16-1-00-pm-PT-Gene... 

I called Managed Payments  customer service last month and was told the new policy was going into affect in two phases.  Sellers in Managed Payments would be sent an email before the change took place on their account. However, a timeline for the changes to begin could not be provided at that time.

Did you get an email or message from eBay stating the PL fee credits would be included in your payouts?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

This may be the perfect opportunity to tag payments_team@ebay to clarify for us when the new policy regarding Promoted Listing fee credits will take effect on our accounts.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Thanks @mcdougle4248 ! I had forgotten we have a new team to tag.

I'm also going to send this thread to Alex Kazim.  As VP of Global Advertising for eBay, the Promoted Listings program falls under his department. It may be helpful for him and others at eBay to see where changes to Managed Payments that overlap/affect other features of the site can cause confusion when they are rolled out without clear communication and announcements or when policy pages are edited before changes actually take affect.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Also @Anonymous  this is an excellent example of where improved communication would help make for a much better seller experience. 😊

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

You are on it!  Thanks 👏

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

This may be the perfect opportunity to tag payments_team@ebay to clarify for us when the new policy regarding Promoted Listing fee credits will take effect on our accounts.

@mcdougle4248 - Thank you for the tag! We don't have a specific date for when each individual account will transition, however, this is part of our plan to get all sellers into this experience. 

For account specific Payments support please request contact from a payments-trained teammate by accessing any of the Help Pages related to payments and using the 'Have us call you' feature at the bottom of the page
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

payments_team@ebay wrote:

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@mcdougle4248 - Thank you for the tag! We don't have a specific date for when each individual account will transition, however, this is part of our plan to get all sellers into this experience. 

A bit more clarification if possible.  Have any Managed Payments sellers already transitioned to this new "experience"?  Does the plan still include advance notification to sellers before the plan takes affect on their accounts? 

payments_team@ebay 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

payments_team@ebay wrote:

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

A bit more clarification if possible.  Have any Managed Payments sellers already transitioned to this new "experience"?  Does the plan still include advance notification to sellers before the plan takes affect on their accounts? 

payments_team@ebay 

@mcdougle4248 - Members who are currently being registered for Managed Payments are being opted into this new experience. For members (like yourself) you're going to continue be on the system you're on now until we roll it out fully.

Ultimately, our goal is to have everyone on the same experience , but no timeline for transition has been announced. Our understanding is there is there will be notice given.

For account specific Payments support please request contact from a payments-trained teammate by accessing any of the Help Pages related to payments and using the 'Have us call you' feature at the bottom of the page
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

payments_team@ebay  - thank you for the direct answer, but I have to say it is *really* not a good idea to have different policies in play for different groups of sellers without that being explicitly spelled out on the appropriate policy pages. 😩

It causes unnecessary confusion and stress for sellers, puts even more strain on eBay's already very limited support resources as sellers must run the customer service gauntlet to get answers instead of just reading it for themselves....not to mention it makes it incredibly difficult for all of us unpaid volunteers here in the community who care and want to help to actually do so with confidence that we are giving out accurate and useful information!

Would it really be that difficult to have a note on that FAQ page specifically stating that it will take effect immediately for sellers currently being registered and that existing Managed Payments users will be notified of their effective date for the change at a later time?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@valueaddedresource Thank you for the feedback on the FAQ, this is really valuable and we'll make that it is shared. 

We see your point there can definitely be some confusion. It is common for us to make changes to process in batches, to avoid risk and other issues that could arise.

To be clear, sellers aren't being held to different policies. These are two different processes for how fees are collected.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I got my Top seller Ad fee credits for Jan, Feb, Mar no problem... then nothing in April... I was forced to switched to Mis-managed payments in May and having not received my a credit for my April Ad fees, I called ebay and was promised they would be on my May statement...which they weren't.   I spoke to 4 additional people totaling 95 minutes about getting my April Ad fees refunded as they should have been... come to understand that their customer service has ZERO understanding of their top seller program and the ad fee reimbursement... one agent kept asking me what promotion I had... another that I was elevated to kept pointing to a credit received in April which was for the March fees...another said they were just going to add a voucher to my acct for buying items (buy that didn't happen) and the last did a manual credit for the missing fees that took 48 mins.   So at this point I have to assume that  their new mis-managed payments is not functioning and that I will not be receiving the add credit due me under the Top seller program.   Whey force people to use a system that they don't even have up and running well.  The manual credit was to my account which sounded fine...but i haven't sold anything under managed payments...if I they subtract all fees everytime I sell an item, how will my credit balance every serve me?   

Message 14 of 14
latest reply