cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payout on a Saturday

Just received a payout this Saturday morning. I've never had a payout over a weekend before. Is this common?

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Payout on a Saturday

@wrong66 wrote:

Might have something to do with the holiday, but that never resulted in weekend payouts before that I'm aware of.

@wrong66 

I would not think that has anything to do with it.  The interesting thing about this is prior to the big onboarding effort by Ebay for sellers going into MP, starting July of 2020, sellers did get payouts on Saturday.  Then Ebay changed it to Business Days only.  I tried very hard to have a discussion about this with the Private MP board was still open.  

I was told that never happened.  I said there are a bunch of sellers that have been in MP for quite a while at that point that have different proof.  Then I was simply ignored after that.  Anytime I tried to get more information on this.  For me it never made sense.

I know Ebay's current reason is the ACH banking system is not open on the weekends, so they can't send payouts over the weekend.  My comeback was well MP use to, so what changed??  No answer was forthcoming.  And now we have this.  As far as I know Ebay still uses the ACH banking system to process payouts.

What a puzzle we have here.  But I'm sure glad some sellers were able to get their money faster than expected.  That is ALWAYS a good thing.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 59
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

Back, back, back a while (2019) I was getting "payouts" on the weekend, then they stopped doing that.

Was pretty much for naught anyway, because my CU did not process anything on the weekends.

I have since switched to "weekly".

@buyselljack2016 

They changed the policy in July or August of 2020.  Just before the big migration of sellers started rolling.  The reasoned they used was the ACH banking system is not open on the weekends and that is the system they use to do payouts.

Message 17 of 59
latest reply

So new seller here and it showed my first pay out over this weekend too. Problem is its not showing up in my bank account even as pending is this normal? I just don't want to lose my money because it shows nothing in the available funds on eBay anymore either.

Message 18 of 59
latest reply

@bossesale77 Yeah because they’re out to get us evil sellers!

Message 19 of 59
latest reply

@trip_7869 wrote:

So new seller here and it showed my first pay out over this weekend too. Problem is its not showing up in my bank account even as pending is this normal? I just don't want to lose my money because it shows nothing in the available funds on eBay anymore either.

When ever a payout is made it no longer shows as available in the "sellers hub" because it is not. It has been paid out. That, from my experience, is normal.  Happens every time I get a "payout".

It is not showing in your bank account because your bank is likely not working on the weekend.  Tomorrow (Monday) , or whatever is the norm for you is when something will(should) appear.  I have "weekly" payouts on Tuesday. Appears in my CU checking on Wednesday.

Message 20 of 59
latest reply

I, too, have received a payment this weekend for the first time. And got another today - Sunday! All I can say is about time. Payments have been miserable since ebay and Paypal got mad at each other.  Hope this is now the norm... and yes, I expect it will not be credited to our bank accounts before Monday but that is OK. Nice to know eBay has to do business on weekends now  like the rest of us!

Message 21 of 59
latest reply

@trip_7869 wrote:

Payouts are not instant.  Depending on your bank, the deposit should arrive in 1-4 days.

Message 22 of 59
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@kidsbargainspot  definitely let us know if you get one tomorrow too!

As far as putting out a bulletin - eBay isn't exactly known for proactive communication, especially when it comes to Managed Payments, unfortunately.

tyler@ebay velvet@ebay  payments_team@ebay  - can you confirm if this is a permanent change in how/when payouts are initiated and if it applies to all sellers in Managed Payments?

Hey @valueaddedresource! I don't believe an announcement was made about weekend payouts but the help page found here has been updated and it did just start this weekend. We hope you like the change!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 23 of 59
latest reply

Thanks velvet@ebay  - just to confirm though, that linked page still says:

"Daily payouts are initiated Monday through Friday and include any funds that have become Available for payout during the previous 24 hours"

Message 24 of 59
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

I don't think you're gonna find a single seller that doesn't like the change, however it's kinda disconcerting that eBay makes a change to how it handles our money and we're not informed of the change until a few days after it's already being implemented. How do we know eBay won't take the same lackadaisical attitude toward informing us of the next fee increase or the next hatchet job on categories/item specifics?

Message 25 of 59
latest reply

also velvet@ebay  - the payouts from the weekend are not showing bank reference IDs like weekday payouts usually do.

bank.jpg

What exactly does that mean?

Message 26 of 59
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

also velvet@ebay  - the payouts from the weekend are not showing bank reference IDs like weekday payouts usually do.

bank.jpg

What exactly does that mean?

I've reached out to payments and it appears they're still working on the updates to help pages. So while the graph was changed (see below), they're still working on other verbiage. 

velvetebay_0-1638205496529.png

They're going to take a closer look at the bank reference ID issue you called out @valueaddedresource, so thank you for that!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 27 of 59
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

You should also inform the Payment Team that an announcement was NOT sent.  If there had been, there would not be as many people surprised and/or concerned about the processing over the weekend.  At least those member we know would have read such an announcement would not have been posting we know nothing about it.

AND they need to answer as to how this is happening.  The reason for business days only has been that the ACH is not open on the weekends.  I'm sure that is still true, so how is MP releasing these payouts?  Are they just being held in queue at the ACH for processing when they open on Monday morning?  Or are they actually getting processed on the day the Payout is released and if so, via what method if not the ACH?

Message 28 of 59
latest reply

I haven't received any of the "new" payouts - they aren't posted or pending in my bank account. Did anybody actually get paid from these today?

Message 29 of 59
latest reply

No, and it makes me nervous as hell...  that they changed them from same-day ACH to next-day ACH under the guise that they were improving things.  Or they just completely screwed everything up and the payment files will come back.

Message 30 of 59
latest reply